+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 69 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

The Real Housewives of D.C.

The newest show in this ever growing, ever more lame franchise is to reach NEW heights of lameness by starring...

The White House party crashers.

Seriously.

White House Crashers Score TV Deal - The Daily Beast

Desiree Rogers no longer has a job, presidential gatecrasher Michaela Salahi does: She will be one of the new “Real Housewives of D.C.” Also in the works: a Salahis tell-all book.

When last the public saw Tareq and Michaele Salahi, they were refusing to answer questions from members of a House panel about how they got into President Barack Obama’s first State Dinner.

Today, The Daily Beast has confirmed from two sources that the so-called White House gatecrashers, whose prank ultimately cost presidential Social Secretary Desiree Rogers her job, are poised to take center stage once again as the most visible members of the upcoming Bravo series The Real Housewives of D.C. After one of the most visible reality-TV series auditions in history—yes, Bravo cameras were on hand as the Salahis arrived for that ill-fated White House event—the couple has now been fully embraced as the focal point of the series, expected to premiere in July.

A source close to the series tells The Daily Beast that Bravo executives were more than relieved to learn the Salahis wouldn’t be prosecuted. In-house viewing of the audition footage and sample programs made it obvious that it would have been next to impossible to edit out the commanding presence of the statuesque platinum blonde, Michaele.

The Salahis are contractually prohibited from talking about the show, but The Daily Beast has learned they’ve already shot all 12 episodes of the premiere season. And early next month at a studio in Washington, D.C. they’ll participate in what’s known as the "green screen shoot." That’s when video will be taken of cast members that’s then used to produce the glitzy opening sequence of the show.

So, all’s well that ends well. Except for one thing.

Bravo wanted to keep the Salahis' participation under wraps until it could orchestrate its coordinated publicity push via its fellow NBC/Universal outlets, like Access Hollywood and the Today show. (The Salahis already have a date to talk to Matt Lauer on May 27.) The show’s absence from Bravo’s new-show slate was conspicuous this month when the channel had its upfront presentation for advertisers and the press, and announced it was picking up The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills with no mention of The Real Housewives of D.C. Unfortunately for Bravo, the network’s real plans became clear when Time Warner Cable sales announced “advertising opportunities” are now being offered for the Washington version of their breakout franchise. A Bravo spokesperson said she had “absolutely no announcement beyond the fact that we’re doing the show and the production process continues.”

Sources close to the couple say the public has gotten the wrong impression of the Salahis, and that the “misunderstanding” about the White House invitation has turned their lives upside down. They’ve now engaged prominent literary agent Sharlene Martin and they plan to try to set the record straight in an upcoming tell-all book.

Martin promises, “People will be surprised when the truth about the Salahis is finally told.”
    The most shocking part of this being the implication that the whole party crashing scandal was basically a setup BY Bravo. I mean that's how I'm reading it.
    Last edited by Krom; 03-26-2010 at 06:16 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Blech. Those people will represent the good women of Washington. By the time this airs nobody will speak to them or take notice of them.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3863493;
    Blech. Those people will represent the good women of Washington. By the time this airs nobody will speak to them or take notice of them.
    They will if they want to be on TV.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fanatic

I live in the D.C. metro area, and there have been a number of stories in The Wash. Post and elsewhere about the Salahis having a trail of unpaid bills. A few months ago, he was on trial about 30 miles from here for an unpaid bill. He took the watch off his arm, said it was expensive, and got the guy to accept it as payment. Turned out the watch was broken and it was not expensive in the first place. The case was finally settled.

The woman showed up to a function for former Redskin cheerleaders. She didn't seem to recall any of the old cheers. Turned out she never WAS a cheerleader.

Maybe if they are on TV, they can use that money to pay some of their unpaid bills - but I doubt it.

There was a family-owned winery in the Virginia suburbs, but the Salahis left under bad circumstances, and I'm not sure the winery is still open.

Wow!!

I remember a time not that long ago when Bravo actually had quite "highbrow" entertainment.

I don't think I'm all that anxious to see the Salahi's.
    I enjoy my Housewives shows, but these 2 take the concept of famewho*es to a whole new level.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Ugh. I might have to skip this one.

I was hoping Bravo would realize "we've" had enough of them. Why oh why?
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3863624;
    Wow!!

I remember a time not that long ago when Bravo actually had quite "highbrow" entertainment.

I don't think I'm all that anxious to see the Salahi's.
    I enjoy my Housewives shows, but these 2 take the concept of famewho*es to a whole new level.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3863652;
    Ugh. I might have to skip this one.

I was hoping Bravo would realize "we've" had enough of them. Why oh why?

Ya, I will definitely skip this one as well.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I will watch it. If only to see where they eat and shop. But seriously, liberal-lefty administration or conservative-righty one, no-where outside maybe of Boston does the real elite shun publicity like they do here. First off, the top rung doesn't necessarily have money but power or the access to it. Governmental or media power and those types are very careful not to be seen being careful about their image. The government ones don't even have an image, but shades of grey and anonymity. The louder somebody shrieks, the less relevant they are. The truly in can merely emit the faintest whisper.

In fairness to Orange County, New York City, Atlanta, and New Jersey, I'm certain we're not seeing those places' elites either.

Course I live in College Park, Prince Georges County, so what do I know?

FORT Fogey

We may be seeing Jersey's elite.... you ever spend time in Jersey? That Jersey Shore stuff is legit. I mean, I suppose there is some real wealth in Princeton, but they're all intellectual types and would never be seen on TV like that.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3863745;
    We may be seeing Jersey's elite.... you ever spend time in Jersey? That Jersey Shore stuff is legit. I mean, I suppose there is some real wealth in Princeton, but they're all intellectual types and would never be seen on TV like that.
    Your exposure to New Jersey & its residents is seriously limited if you believe what you wrote. NJ has the 3rd highest per capita state income & evidence of that is there are very few places where you will find these stereotypical guidos & guidettes. Most of the cast members of the Jersey Shore are not from NJ & many of the people who vacation @ the Jersey Shore are from other states & countries.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. It would be nice if you were better informed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 69 123456789101151 ... LastLast