+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4026539;
    Why was it so bad that Kat didn't like Tyra?? I can't STAND Tyra. I agree that she was dominating the conversation, and then I think she was just trying to start something. But I thought it was weird how upset they all got about her not liking Tyra.
    I also thought that was rather odd, to be so upset because she didn't like someone she liked. In the whole scheme of things, just how important is your opinion of Tyra Banks?? But then Stacie later made a comment saying that Cat didn't like Tyra and then she didn't like Obama. Was she inferring that because Cat didn't like 2 black people that she didn't like ALL black people?? That's quite a stretch!! Seems to me that the only two people who came up in the conversation so far just happened to be black.

Also did anyone notice that no one ever seems to be without their glass of wine?? Every scene, every body was holding their glass of wine. Maybe they stay just a tiny bit tipsy all day and night long. Should make for great TV veiwing.

I was also just checking out various blogs re RHDC and happened upon one entitled "The Whitehouse Gatecrashers and the Oasis Winery." I don't know how to post a link, nor do I know what is permitted to be linked but I would imagine if you googled that title you'd find it. Very interesting research the blogger did about the winery and the subsequent finances of the Salahis and it was written last December. Wonder if their situation has changed since then. Apparently, they're in the same situation as Theresa and Juicy Joe.

I have to smile when I watch how these wannabe "celebs" portray themselves and then we find out they are not who they want you to think they are and they do not have all the money they want us to believe they have.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4026803;
    I was also just checking out various blogs re RHDC and happened upon one entitled "The Whitehouse Gatecrashers and the Oasis Winery." I don't know how to post a link, nor do I know what is permitted to be linked but I would imagine if you googled that title you'd find it. Very interesting research the blogger did about the winery and the subsequent finances of the Salahis and it was written last December. Wonder if their situation has changed since then. Apparently, they're in the same situation as Theresa and Juicy Joe.

I have to smile when I watch how these wannabe "celebs" portray themselves and then we find out they are not who they want you to think they are and they do not have all the money they want us to believe they have.
    Thanks, interesting article. It says that the Salahis (T&M, not his family) purchased the property in the mid 70s! This has to be a mistake, right? How old are they and how long have they been married?

I couldn't understand half of the dialog - these women sound like a bunch of tipsy babblers!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I watched and was not disappointed, this show will be the trainwreck the other housewive shows are. You can tell Michaele will be the one everyone hates on. I usually like the british accent but Cat's voice is very grating on the nerves. When Mary's husband was trying on the pink and flowered pants I thought, Oh no another Simon! So far I like Mary and Linda.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;4026621;
    Thanks for the clarification on the Kennedy housing in DC. That must be what she was referring to, if she went at all. I spoke too soon.
    Your welcome. That's one of the great things about a message board. Someone somewhere knows something on just about any subject.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4026714;
    I also thought that was rather odd, to be so upset because she didn't like someone she liked. In the whole scheme of things, just how important is your opinion of Tyra Banks?? But then Stacie later made a comment saying that Cat didn't like Tyra and then she didn't like Obama. Was she inferring that because Cat didn't like 2 black people that she didn't like ALL black people?? That's quite a stretch!! Seems to me that the only two people who came up in the conversation so far just happened to be black.

Also did anyone notice that no one ever seems to be without their glass of wine?? Every scene, every body was holding their glass of wine. Maybe they stay just a tiny bit tipsy all day and night long. Should make for great TV veiwing.
    They had to bring their wines with them to go closet shopping!

Catmouth seems to think a really good way to make friends is to show your insecurities by talking constantly, loudly, and dismissively about (a) your, er, your husband's accomplishments (with quite a bit of name dropping and photo bragging - Look! Joe Biden from crotch level!), and (b) your opinions.

I would think, especially in a place like DC where people's memories are as long and merciless as war swords, you should listen first, find out the others' opinions, and give your own horn a rest from all that tooting. All she really communicated is that she's full of words and not achievement.

Cat = Alex without tact, Jeana without the earth-mummy side, Jill with a differently annoying accent, Kim Z with productive follicles.

On the other hand, I loved how the racial wagons were circled - Tyra and Obama? You don't like Ty and O? Well, then, you hate black people, don't you? :nono Maybe they were still reeling from Mary "fake nice" Amons's horrible horrible horrible 'integrate the salons' comments. I think most of the black people you see in McLean are in uniforms so...

Mary struck me as another accomplishment-free person. She's somebody's grandaughter and daughter, but then so is every woman in the world. She obsesses over fashion - that biometric lock on her closet is ... odd. Her husband got along very well with Simon when they met; they're both clothes horses. She's good at seeming to be nice, but she really should drink more or not at all. I think they both work really hard at appearing not to.

Mary = Tess on tranks. Rich - Simon van K on tranks.

Lynda the tiny tyrant is clearly going to be the sniping snob in the group although Cat will give her more than a run for her money. Loved how she deflected attention from her skinny neck and scrawny body by taking pot shots, or rather having Dwight-clone take pot shots, at that other woman.

Lynda = LuAnn with better grammar.

Stacie = Kandi without the voice. And probably just as nice, and uncontroversial.

The other woman is sui generis. Thank heavens.

I really found it quite distasteful how Cat first insisted that "all English children wish to be American ones" (she's done the survey?) and then couldn't resist making a "fat Yank" comment ("everything is supersized here ... even the people.")

So all English children are so dumb they wish to be obese? Silly cow.

And she wants to turn back the clock on the last 18 years of her life. Including the ones where she conceived, birthed and nurtured her children - how much better if they'd never happened? I hope she had a tough time explaining that little over-egotistical comment to them last night.

Stacie thinks not many people know DC was once called the Chocolate City? Really? I think we were supposed to be shocked at Lynda's bf Ebong. I imagine by the season's end he'll be shocked at the ladies' antics.

FORT Fanatic

Did anyone else notice the many tiny lines above Michelle Salahi's lips? I found it very distracting. My eyes went right to them.

I've lived in the D.C. area most of my life and worked in D.C. for many years. Please don't tell me that the women last night represented the most capable women in Washington. Dear Lord. They've just as bad as Housewives in other parts of the country. Yikes.

FORT Fogey

swissmiss: You know the city better than to think these are more than a circus side show. DC is crammed full of women who accomplish more in an average morning than these ladies do in a whole year. But those ladies are probably not as decorative.

FORT Newbie

The ladies fashion sense is a little over the top & a tad dated looking; and some of the hairstyles are dated as well. Very different from the chic housewives of NYC. Just saying....

+ Reply to Thread