+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Okay, I watched and I may make this show my season's guilty pleasure. I'm really interested in DC so that is what initially interested me in this show as I haven't followed any other "Housewives" show. So far, I like Lynda, Stacie and actually Michaelle a bit.

FORT Fogey

Somehow, I feel like Mary has never even been to the Kennedy house... the way she said it was so obnoxious.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4026482;
    Somehow, I feel like Mary has never even been to the Kennedy house... the way she said it was so obnoxious.
    It felt disingenuous. Which Kennedy house did she visit? They didn't have one in DC, except for the Big One. And these social strivers would have been more than eager to say they'd been invited over to the White House.

I agree, there was something fishy about her affect about this point. Maybe she was at the same country club? And changed clothes in the Kennedy's pool house ie Cabana.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

FORT Fogey

Michaele actually seems.... sweet. Now, I'm watching the second showing so I'm just seeing it for the first time. She seems nice, just absolutely crazy. Like she doesn't mean any harm but she's wackadoo.

Maybe Mary just wanted to be impressive, but she came off as... smarmy? Is that the right word?

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;4026501;
    It felt disingenuous. Which Kennedy house did she visit? They didn't have one in DC, except for the Big One. And these social strivers would have been more than eager to say they'd been invited over to the White House.

I agree, there was something fishy about her affect about this point. Maybe she was at the same country club? And changed clothes in the Kennedy's pool house ie Cabana.
    Ethel Kennedy lived in McLean. Her estate is named Hickory Hill. I think it might have been sold awhile ago though.
    Last edited by Kiz; 08-05-2010 at 11:29 PM.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Teddy had a big mansion in DC as well. Maybe that's what she was talking about -- it's for sale for almost $8 million. I saw it on the Zillow blog -- here.

(Mods if it's not ok to post that link, I apologize.)

FORT Fogey

Why was it so bad that Kat didn't like Tyra?? I can't STAND Tyra. I agree that she was dominating the conversation, and then I think she was just trying to start something. But I thought it was weird how upset they all got about her not liking Tyra.

Is Kat still married to her husband, the photographer? She seemed to talk as if she were single, so I wasn't sure.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3958523;

But your other comment is right on! America does not need to see people in DC behaving like morons! It would so much more effective if our leaders and decisionmakers acted (at least while in the public view) like role models. The Real Housewives bunch are not really in that catagory, but hopefully any intermingling with the powers-that-be will be portrayed with dignity and class.
    God knows there's already enough people acting like morons in DC and in our gov't already!! I won't be watching this one....

FORT Fan

Thanks for the clarification on the Kennedy housing in DC. That must be what she was referring to, if she went at all. I spoke too soon.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

+ Reply to Thread