+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4018889;
    I hope the RHDC don't make DC look like it's inhabited by a bunch of ignorant yahoos like OC, NJ, and ATL. If they're all similar to Salahi, I'll just hate them, and maybe Bravo too for dipping so low into the muck.
    Well, hate to admit it but that's actually why I'll probably watch RHDC.

The bigger the train wreak, the more I'll watch. Yes, I'm ashamed of myself but it's the truth. I'm not sadistic nor do I want to see peoples' lives ruined, marriages destroyed or physical harm but if they're willing to show us themselves, warts and all, I'll sit in the front row. It's really not all that different from soap operas, only they're showing real people and their real lives, even though we all acknowledge that a lot of it is hyped up/scripted to make for better TV ratings.

Most of us prefer to not air our dirty laundry for the world to see but it's human nature want to see what goes on in other peoples' lives and they're giving us permission to do so, knowing that they will be judged by strangers. Why anyone would want to do that is beyond me but apparently, "celebrity", bad or good, seems to be a desired status in today's culture.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4018404;
    I work in Wash., D.C. (far from all the beautiful people) so I'll watch the first show at least.

I understand the Salahi two-some will just be part of several. If they have a big part, I'm switching channels. I cannot STAND those two publicity hounds. The local papers have been full of their exploits (unpaid bills, etc.) for months now, and I'm sick to death of them.
    Did you hear how their Oasis Vinyard (the bankrupt one) is nothing more than dead vines? I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link but Carol Ross Joyner did an interview with the Salahis on her luncheon and it's posted on YouTube. They are slimy and evasive and really low rent.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4021889;
    Well, hate to admit it but that's actually why I'll probably watch RHDC.

The bigger the train wreak, the more I'll watch. Yes, I'm ashamed of myself but it's the truth. I'm not sadistic nor do I want to see peoples' lives ruined, marriages destroyed or physical harm but if they're willing to show us themselves, warts and all, I'll sit in the front row. It's really not all that different from soap operas, only they're showing real people and their real lives, even though we all acknowledge that a lot of it is hyped up/scripted to make for better TV ratings.

Most of us prefer to not air our dirty laundry for the world to see but it's human nature want to see what goes on in other peoples' lives and they're giving us permission to do so, knowing that they will be judged by strangers. Why anyone would want to do that is beyond me but apparently, "celebrity", bad or good, seems to be a desired status in today's culture.
    I will probably watch the first episode, more out of (a) morbid curiosity and (b) to see where they shop and eat. I suspect we'll see an awful lot of McLean, VA, Potomac, MD, and Georgetown.

The Housewives were on the View.
    When Michaele was asked about the gatecrashing episode, she defended it. When pressed to explain whether they had gotten an invitation to it, she advised that the truth is revealed in her new book. Yikes!!
    There's definitely going to be a lot of catfighting on this edition. One woman went on about how Tareq, Michaele's hubby, was physically abusive to some woman and threw a glass of wine at her. Michaele defended it by saying to the effect that he was defending her from comments about her "alleged" eating disorder.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4023981;
    When Michaele was asked about the gatecrashing episode, she defended it. When pressed to explain whether they had gotten an invitation to it, she advised that the truth is revealed in her new book. Yikes!!
    There's definitely going to be a lot of catfighting on this edition. One woman went on about how Tareq, Michaele's hubby, was physically abusive to some woman and threw a glass of wine at her. Michaele defended it by saying to the effect that he was defending her from comments about her "alleged" eating disorder.
    Yeah, Tareq probably throws glasses of wine, at Michaele, if she eats anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4023981;
    You know, it's really lovely when husbands stick up for their wives.... with their words! I remember being really impressed with how good Simon of NY was at backing up Alex without making the situation worse. Throwing a glass of wine at someone is NOT not making the situation worse!

The gatecrashing truth "revealed in the book" - yeah that means NO she was not invited. Already we know she's a pretender. Bravo really digs in the muck for these piece-a-work hustlers.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

The Salahi's will be on the TODAY Show Thurs morning to explain what happened to Michaele while she was on The View on Wednesday. She is claiming that Whoopi Goldberg "ABUSED" her.

I will not post the article because it is full of foul language.
    Last edited by momrek06; 08-05-2010 at 03:02 AM.
    KAREN

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

The True Story Behind The Whoopi/Salahi Kerfuffle

You can view the clip here. It's obvious that Salahi was not "hit" by anyone. I'm convinced this is nothing more than her attempt to stay in the headlines for two days before the show debuts. They really are whores
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Today The View had their own rebuttal. Whoopi showed two camera angles of yesterdays show proving she did NOT 'hit' Salahi. She then went on to say that Mr. Salahi and her got into a verbal confrontation backstage and it was not pretty.
    I will probably watch this show for the same reason I watch the other housewife shows, because I like these snark-o-rama's. It's entertaining to me and I don't take them seriously. Besides, I think alot of them are scripted.

+ Reply to Thread