+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Has anyone heard if there is going to be a season 2 of this show? I actually hope they do continue with the DC housewives but I'm not sure how it did ratings wise? I would hope if they do go ahead with Season 2 that they do not invite Michaele back though with all the drama she causes I'm guessing they'd want her back on, lol.

FORT Fanatic

I don't think the network has announced if there will be a season 2 yet. I would watch because I live in the area, but I don't know about audiences in general. I get a kick out of seeing buildings and seeing if I can identify them.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm looking forward to a second season. Quite a few people found this show boring, but I didn't. It just wasn't as out of control as they have become used to from the other shows. It was a little more sophisticated, but not without out the more intense interaction drama that we've come to expect.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4085169;
    I'm looking forward to a second season. Quite a few people found this show boring, but I didn't. It just wasn't as out of control as they have become used to from the other shows. It was a little more sophisticated, but not without out the more intense interaction drama that we've come to expect.
    It's funny....when it started I too found it be VERY boring but as the episodes progressed and I got to know the women better it became much more interesting. By the end of the season I actually looked forward to Thursday nights, lol.

I also like RHDC. At first it seemed Cat was very affected, Lynda appeared to be on some kinda high horse, Stacie seemed milquetoast, Mary was a little heavy with her braggadocio about connections to Camelot.

But these ladies redeemed themselves, and it was fun to watch intelligent, interesting women; especially to see how delicately they danced around the Delusional Duo at first, then became increasingly vocal, not wanting dirt to rub off the Duo and onto them. They conducted themselves quite well, even Cat, who is actually likable once you "get" her (I guess I kinda get her). Throughout, I wondered how Bravo's dirty work would impact the careers of Ommanney and Amons; looks like it caused some harm. I've always believed Bravo strives to make dunces out of every character on RH.

I think Mike 'n Tark, though, should do some prison time; and I don't understand why they're not being prosecuted "to the fullest extent of the law" as was voiced by one interrogator at the hearing.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

After reading they could be hired out for parties, I looked for the Delusional Duo's agent phone number, thinking they'd be a hoot at the annual Halloween bash, coming as their scary selves and we'd sell chances to throw gooey sponges at them in a dunk tank or something. They'd probably do anything for money. Saw this...
    Salahi: Crasher, ?Housewife? and now $39.95 doll - TODAY People - TODAYshow.com
    By Michael Inbar
    TODAYshow.com contributor updated 9/24/2010 1:06:06 PM ET 2010-09-24T17:06:06

Alleged White House gatecrasher Michaele Salahi has seen her 15 minutes of fame turn into a wild media ride that hasn’t paused in 10 months. And now, as if “The Real Housewives of Washington, D.C.” and a rumored Playboy pictorial aren’t enough, she’s achieved immortality — in plastic.

Doll manufacturer Herobuilders is selling a Salahi action figure called “The Girl Who Changed Everything,” for $39.95 on its website. And funnily enough, the doll — which has Salahi dressed in the infamous red sari and shawl she wore to the White House state dinner in November 2009 — wasn’t even the company’s idea.

Herobuilders founder Emil Vicale told the website Politico that it was actually Salahi’s agent who approached Herobuilders about manufacturing the doll — but only after making pitches to Mattel, makers of Barbie, and being turned down.

“We’ve been contacted by tons of people in the past, but have just never done it because people have a weird sense of the value of themselves,” Vicale said. And when asked whether he expects Salahi dolls to fly off the company’s shelves, he said, “Some people like her and some people hate her. I don’t know how people will respond to this.”

.... and to that I thought.... Some People Like Her ??????
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;4085240;
    It's funny....when it started I too found it be VERY boring but as the episodes progressed and I got to know the women better it became much more interesting. By the end of the season I actually looked forward to Thursday nights, lol.
    I felt the same way. There was drama on the show, but it was such a different type it seemed. Plus, the interactions with everyone and Salahi's was great. I loved the last episode when all the ladies were sitting around watching the Salahi's be interrogated on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;4085240;
    I liked RHDC from the begining. They all presented themselves as interesting people that you wouldn't be ashamed of being seen with as you would with a lot of the Housewives on other shows. They dressed well, spoke well and handled themselves in proper ways in various social and business situations. The Salahis also, although they still are lying, delusional grifters (as one poster very accurately described them) and, in my mind, law breakers.
    They each have their weaknesses, faults but so do the rest of us. I prefer to see people who seem to have everything but underneath it all, they're the same as the rest of us and have their issues and problems. Life doesn't care how much money you have so you get your ups and your downs. It's more about how you handle those ups and downs.

I hope there's another season and I could even handle seeing the Salahis since they bring the unbelievable, unthinkable aspects to it all. They really rub me the wrong way but isn't that what the antagonists should do?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

For me too, it's been an 'acquired taste' --- I didn't care for the DC housewives at first, but they've definitely grown on me. Even Michaele, who I definitely don't agree with -- but amazingly, I find her strangely compelling. In the midst of all of her antics, she has a kind of happy innocence and sweetness about her -- I don't know, it's kind of hard to explain -- but if she weren't making up these outrageous lies or doing such unacceptable things, I think she would be extremely likable.

I hope there's a season 2, and I'll miss the Salahis (because surely they won't be invited to be on the show) -- If nothing else, they were fascinating to watch, and I don't loathe them the way that I detest Danielle (NJ), Tamra (OC), and Kelly (NY).

KK4
    FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4084410;
    I really enjoyed Cat tonight. I think she's becoming my favorite, too.
    Stacie was fairly disappointing again. She definitely did strongly insinuate the whole racial thing with Cat and, IMO, it was uncalled for. She should have owned up to it. She tries to come off as too perfect and I don't think she is. Her friend, Erica, was totally over the top in her treatment of Cat. And Stacie didn't do anything to come to Cat's aid. I think Stacie is much more of a racist than Cat would ever be.
    Michaele is just flat out a grifter. Doesn't own up to anything and / or lies about things. Were you a Redskins cheerleader or not? A simple yes or no will suffice, Michaele.
    Can't wait for next week's part 2.
    I have been trying to address my feelings about Mike, and you have done it so perfectly....a grifter! I look forward to part 2, and hope these 2 are exposed for the fakers that they are.
    Overall, I really enjoyed this series. I hope there is another season.

+ Reply to Thread