+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 687
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

  1. #511
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,147

    Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4082394;
    I do think Sherri has every right to find her father, but I think this is very harsh. For most mothers who chose adoption for their child it is an agonizing choice. They make the choice they think is best for their child. These days if a mother wants to make a choice based on what's easiest for her she can have an abortion. I know many adoptive families who are unboundingly grateful to mothers who have chosen adoption and several birth mothers who have holes in their hearts always but feel they made the best choice in a difficult situation.
    I meant Stacie, BTW.

    Reg. adoption...it is not an easy subject. I am pretty harsh about it. While many make the decision because it's in the best interest in the child, there are many who do it because it is in the best interest of the parents.

    Each case is different, I suppose. Who knows the reasons behind Stacie's parents' decision. Either way, Stacie's rights trump those of the parents who put her up for adoption IMO.

  2. #512
    FORT Newbie seabear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    24
    Posts
    22

    Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

    I need to vent about the Salahis for a moment.

    I have never seen two faker people in my whole life. They walk around and pretend to have all of this money, even though they have filed for bankruptcy TWICE. They're both losers with no real job, and I assume what little money they do have they get from Tareq's rich family. Stop worrying about what dress to wear to the next party and start worrying about how you're going to pay your bills or buy your groceries. These people would be a lot better of if they weren't trying to pose as socialites and live up to a lifestyle they obviously can't afford.

    And what's up with Michaele's stupid expression? She is always smiling, even when someone is telling her they think she is awful. I am pretty sure she was even smiling when Cat told her off on the finale.

    Delusional nobodys who think they were invited to the White House when they clearly were not invited. Honestly if they disappeared off the face of the planet it wouldn't make a difference to me.

    Cat is my favorite housewife by far. She can be rude and annoying at times, but she tells it like it is. She is hilarious and says what's on her mind. And she told Michaele and Tareq what everyone wanted to say to them. Awesome.

  3. #513
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

    Loved tonight's Reunion part 1!!
    Was impressed with how all the women maintained their composure even when it got a little heated. (The Jersey & Atlanta girls should pay attention to how that's done.)

    Cat was brilliant. Love her honesty, even if it is brutal.

    Linda impressed me for the first time tonight. I had reserved judgement on her during the season because I really wasn't sure if she was fake or not. Seeing her tonight, I say Not A Fake. And she seemed very open and honest about her life/feelings too.

    Stacie was charming and lovely, as usual but did skirt around the race issues, without really admitting to anything. No matter what any of us think she should have done about her birth father, what's important now is that she is happy with the results and so is her father (and apparently many of his wives)

    Loved Mary owning up to her tipsy times and feeling embarrassed about it.

    Michaele is in a world of her own. Do you think she went to some kind of school to be trained in how to keep smiling and extending love at all times, no matter what??!! Very odd/unnatural. She (& her husband) are so phoney and full of hot air, although I will say she's very quick and adept in leading the conversation in circles when actually confronted with something, like the cheerleader issue.

  4. #514
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

    I really enjoyed Cat tonight. I think she's becoming my favorite, too.
    Stacie was fairly disappointing again. She definitely did strongly insinuate the whole racial thing with Cat and, IMO, it was uncalled for. She should have owned up to it. She tries to come off as too perfect and I don't think she is. Her friend, Erica, was totally over the top in her treatment of Cat. And Stacie didn't do anything to come to Cat's aid. I think Stacie is much more of a racist than Cat would ever be.
    Michaele is just flat out a grifter. Doesn't own up to anything and / or lies about things. Were you a Redskins cheerleader or not? A simple yes or no will suffice, Michaele.
    Can't wait for next week's part 2.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  5. #515
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, D.C. area
    Posts
    674

    Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

    I'm glad Stacie's friend, Erika, was not on. I didn't care for her at all.

    Apparently Michaele was not actually a Redskins cheerleader. If you saw her pathetic efforts when attending a reunion and trying to do a routine, it was so obvious. Note how she blamed someone else for the confusion on that issue.

    There was a small blurb in the major Wash. paper this week that the Salahis now have an agent to rent them out for parties. Yes, you too can have the Salahis come to your home for the right price.

  6. #516
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4

    Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

    Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4084527;
    I'm glad Stacie's friend, Erika, was not on. I didn't care for her at all.

    Apparently Michaele was not actually a Redskins cheerleader. If you saw her pathetic efforts when attending a reunion and trying to do a routine, it was so obvious. Note how she blamed someone else for the confusion on that issue.

    There was a small blurb in the major Wash. paper this week that the Salahis now have an agent to rent them out for parties. Yes, you too can have the Salahis come to your home for the right price.
    Make sure you hide your valuables!

  7. #517
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,147

    Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

    I have to go against the grain....for me, Kat was the one who came out looking the worse for wear after the reunion. When you think of it, she really is a selfish, needy person. People keep trying to tell her that she comes off as rude and sometimes hurtful to others and yet she refuses to change.

    The fact that a) she won't adjust her personality or behaviors to facilitate a more harmonious relationship with others and b) she doesn't care if she hurts others tells me she only cares about herself.

    Also, the way she talked about her marriage and moving to America was telling. She seemed to be very submissive to her husband, but I think she made it that way - not her husband (from what I saw on TV anyway). In fact, I think he's prefer being with someone with her own life over someone who relied on his life to make her happy.

    I think she's the neediest and most messed up of the bunch.

  8. #518
    Addict JuicyKiwi78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    35
    Posts
    115

    Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

    I agree to an extent, Jex, but I think a lot of what we see is her in defensive mode. With more problems then the rest of them (well less the Salahi's obviously) she has chose to put up a wall and close herself off emotionally to the group. I do think she is honest when she says she doesn't try and hurt people's feelings. From what I see, it's a typical case of lack of empathy that people who are emotionally abused tend to suffer from. She should definitely seek some therapy if she hasn't already, but you can notice the one she chose to let it (Mary) likes her a great deal and has a sense of understanding about her and her situation.

  9. #519
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,147

    Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyKiwi78;4084914;
    I agree to an extent, Jex, but I think a lot of what we see is her in defensive mode. With more problems then the rest of them (well less the Salahi's obviously) she has chose to put up a wall and close herself off emotionally to the group. I do think she is honest when she says she doesn't try and hurt people's feelings. From what I see, it's a typical case of lack of empathy that people who are emotionally abused tend to suffer from. She should definitely seek some therapy if she hasn't already, but you can notice the one she chose to let it (Mary) likes her a great deal and has a sense of understanding about her and her situation.
    Yes, I think you are right. She seems lost and lonely - not mean or cruel.

  10. #520
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4084754;
    I have to go against the grain....for me, Kat was the one who came out looking the worse for wear after the reunion. When you think of it, she really is a selfish, needy person. People keep trying to tell her that she comes off as rude and sometimes hurtful to others and yet she refuses to change.

    The fact that a) she won't adjust her personality or behaviors to facilitate a more harmonious relationship with others and b) she doesn't care if she hurts others tells me she only cares about herself.

    Also, the way she talked about her marriage and moving to America was telling. She seemed to be very submissive to her husband, but I think she made it that way - not her husband (from what I saw on TV anyway). In fact, I think he's prefer being with someone with her own life over someone who relied on his life to make her happy.

    I think she's the neediest and most messed up of the bunch.
    ITA.
    In spite of all her bravado at the reunion, I actually felt sorry for her when she spoke about her divorce/marriage. It was such a romantic whirlwind of a story of re-connecting with her first love, moving to America, etc and she seemed so bitter and unhappy, even as she tried to disguise it.

    She tried very hard to act brave and unaffected but there was immense anger in all her comments about her husband/marriage which tells me there's a lot of feeling behind it all still. She's not over him or it (marriage).

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.