+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4080353;
    I, also, don't agree with Stacie, ignoring her birth mother's wishes. I think it was very selfish on her part. Her attitude was "I want what I want and I want it now and everyone else be damned."

you're right, it's not a perfect world.....for anybody. No one ever said we get to have everything we want, just because we want it. I would have held Stacie in very high regard to respect her mother's wishes. She obviously feels she's more important than her mother.

Yes, she didn't ask to be born but she also was not aborted which would have made her birth mother's life a whole lot easier. Given that she gave Stacie up for adoption, I don't think being pregnant was what the mother "wanted" but she put her wants and her life aside so she could give Stacie life and for the fact that it was her choices/actions that led her to becoming pregnant. Stacie's life became her priority. Taking responsibility for her own actions was a priority.

I have no judgement on Stacie's birth father because we don't know if he even knew she existed.
    Let me get this right. Stacie shouldn't contact her birth father against her birth mother's wish? Why the heck not? She should pass up the opportunity for closure and/or a possible reunion with her birth father? Totally confused!
    Last edited by atlMD; 10-11-2010 at 10:52 AM. Reason: typo

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am totally with you. Why should she forego what is her birthright because of her selfish mother who NOW, obviously, has a issue with having made a baby with this Nigerian man? That's nuts! She has a right to know who her father is, good or bad. She is an adult, and a mother. There could be a medical history of which she needs to be aware. As things seem to have developed, he seems to want to know Stacie, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

It was her birth mother's right not to divulge her father's identity, but it was Stacie's right to find another way of contacting him. Her mother gave up her parental rights when she gave up Stacie, whether that was the best thing to do or not. So I don't think Stacie owes her the kind of loyalty and respect that would keep her from seeking her father.

Just because Stacie's mom gave birth to her doesn't mean she has a right to control Stacie's communication with other family members, IMO.

I have empathy for the mom - to a point - but because mom gave Stacie photos and hints about the dad, I think that's Stacie's permission slip (presuming she needed one) to go right ahead full steam search for dad. There's pain enough here for everyone, but possible healing when Stacie makes contact with dad. Risky, but possibly the best thing she'll ever do.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

Sherri doesn't owe the birth mom anything. She gave her up. Enough said (in my book).

FORT Fanatic

Are we to assume that Stacie's half-brother never responded to the e-mail message left on his Facebook page?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think it's been addressed yet, but I expect it will be.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4082239;
    Are we to assume that Stacie's half-brother never responded to the e-mail message left on his Facebook page?
    I wouldn't open an email like that. There was a FB virus going around recently titled like the one she used. If you opened it, it attacked your FB address book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4081889;
    Sherri doesn't owe the birth mom anything. She gave her up. Enough said (in my book).
    I do think Sherri has every right to find her father, but I think this is very harsh. For most mothers who chose adoption for their child it is an agonizing choice. They make the choice they think is best for their child. These days if a mother wants to make a choice based on what's easiest for her she can have an abortion. I know many adoptive families who are unboundingly grateful to mothers who have chosen adoption and several birth mothers who have holes in their hearts always but feel they made the best choice in a difficult situation.

Quote Originally Posted by run4cures;4082320;
    I wouldn't open an email like that. There was a FB virus going around recently titled like the one she used. If you opened it, it attacked your FB address book.
    Just FYI - opening an email doesn't cause the virus to attack your FB address book. Opening a link or an attachment to an email does that.

I agree that Stacie had every right to try and find her father. Hope they show that or at least let us know how that goes.

+ Reply to Thread