+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

I was reading an article on Popwatch online (sorry don't know how to post a link) and Tareq said that a lot of people were were relating to the bullying that happened to Michaele to what happened to Rutgers student Tyler Clementi who recently committed suicide after a video of him having sex with another male was put online.

I'm sorry but I don't see the connection at all. They are truly delusional.

That's just disgusting that he would try to in any way, shape, or form, convince the world that they went through anything like that poor kid did. I hate this guy and it makes me feel much better that I missed out on RHODC.

I heard they also took some legal actions to prevent their castmates from calling them the white house partycrashers. They claim they didn't crash the party so calling them that is defamation.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Sahli's= slime
    I agree with Cat that they are a disgrace to America.
    While they were getting ready at the salon and Michaele "forgot" that she went out to get the invitation and her bra and the producer had to "remind" her what she went to her car for; that was completely fake. Michaele knew good and well that she had no such invitation in her possession , nor had she ever. Is there a pit somewhere that we can put these people in along with Kelly Bensimon and Danelle Staub and fill it with rats, snakes , and roaches?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

The Salahis either had an invitation or they did not have an invitation. There's no in between --- this whole speculation about a possible verbal invitation or an invitation by email just doesn't apply to a White House State Dinner. And seeing as they can't seem to produce an invitation, and seeing as they were not on any guest list, it's pretty clear that they crashed the dinner. BUT as much as I am upset with them for crashing the dinner, I'm even more upset with Bravo for capitalizing on their criminal act. (I know that no criminal charges were filed, but that doesn't make their act any less criminal, not to mention their being in total disregard of putting everyone in the White House at risk!)! Bravo filmed the whole thing, from the Salahi's preparation for the party, to their ride in the limo, to their not being on the list at the first checkpoint. They might've filmed even more, but didn't show it. The Bravo powers-that-be HAD to know at some point that the Salahis did not have an invitation, and they CERTAINLY knew about the aftermath, including the hate mail, and media blitz, and the Senate hearings. And yet, they went ahead with putting the Salahis into the RHDC show. Unbelievable --- or maybe not. I love reality tv, but it has certainly sunk to a new low this last season with the Salahi storyline --- and the RHOC "mean girl" storyline, and the RHNY "mean Jill - crazy Kelly" storylines,and the RHNJ "crazy Danielle - Teresa/Joe bankruptcy/alleged mistress/alleged baby" storylines. Interesting? Yes, of course they are, but don't you guys feel like you need to go and take a shower after watching some of this stuff? I know I do. . .

FORT Fogey

When Michaele went to the hairdresser, she said she lost her bra and her invitation. Is that correct? That would imply they received one in the mail or she is lying. was she referring to a different event?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4080381;
    That's just disgusting that he would try to in any way, shape, or form, convince the world that they went through anything like that poor kid did. I hate this guy and it makes me feel much better that I missed out on RHODC.

I heard they also took some legal actions to prevent their castmates from calling them the white house partycrashers. They claim they didn't crash the party so calling them that is defamation.
    They are so full of shi*t. Everything that comes out of their mouths publicly is sewage. I do not believe they are delusional - you have give delusional people a little slack when judging their behavior. The Salahis are liars and opportunists of the worst ilk. The White House social secretary lost her job over their gate-crashing-look-at-ME-dammit prank. They are addicted to notoriety, in my opinion.

As for defamation, they don't have a prayer of prevailing in a legal action. It's just another version of their blowing smoke up our skirts, except this time it's hot air. Everything that's said and printed about them at this point is fair comment.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4080696;
    When Michaele went to the hairdresser, she said she lost her bra and her invitation. Is that correct? That would imply they received one in the mail or she is lying. was she referring to a different event?
    Well..... I was watching it again today and she told the hairdresser she had received the invitation to the state dinner and had it in her car. Then she went out to her car to get it to show the hairdresser, but "forgot" what she went to her car for in the first place. So, when she came back in the salon she didn't have the invitation and the producer asked her where it was. She kind of tried to play it off like "where is what?" , but the producer reminded her it was the invitation that she went to get.... So, Michaele said it was probably somewhere safe in her house and then proceeded to ask Torque if she needed it or if she needed her bra. And he told her she didn't need either, that they didn't actually need an invitation to get into the white house. They said this several times in a very fake sounding conversation. So, I think she knew she didn't have it or had ever had it. It was all too fishy and fakey fake. They both knew they didn't have the invitation and tried to play it off as "oh we were so forgetful, but we were still invited and are so innocent and trustworthy ". Because I guess saying that you have something that you don't on camera makes it so for when you are finally busted you can point back to the previously taped footage and claim how innocent you were.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mina;4080750;
    Well..... I was watching it again today and she told the hairdresser she had received the invitation to the state dinner and had it in her car. Then she went out to her car to get it to show the hairdresser, but "forgot" what she went to her car for in the first place. So, when she came back in the salon she didn't have the invitation and the producer asked her where it was. She kind of tried to play it off like "where is what?" , but the producer reminded her it was the invitation that she went to get.... So, Michaele said it was probably somewhere safe in her house and then proceeded to ask Torque if she needed it or if she needed her bra. And he told her she didn't need either, that they didn't actually need an invitation to get into the white house. They said this several times in a very fake sounding conversation. So, I think she knew she didn't have it or had ever had it. It was all too fishy and fakey fake. They both knew they didn't have the invitation and tried to play it off as "oh we were so forgetful, but we were still invited and are so innocent and trustworthy ". Because I guess saying that you have something that you don't on camera makes it so for when you are finally busted you can point back to the previously taped footage and claim how innocent you were.

Thanks for explaining. If they did have a physical invitation, that is all they would have to produce and this would be a non-issue.

Just shows she was lying the whole time. She did it so effortlessly. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4080684;
    The Salahis either had an invitation or they did not have an invitation. There's no in between --- this whole speculation about a possible verbal invitation or an invitation by email just doesn't apply to a White House State Dinner. And seeing as they can't seem to produce an invitation, and seeing as they were not on any guest list, it's pretty clear that they crashed the dinner. BUT as much as I am upset with them for crashing the dinner, I'm even more upset with Bravo for capitalizing on their criminal act. (I know that no criminal charges were filed, but that doesn't make their act any less criminal, not to mention their being in total disregard of putting everyone in the White House at risk!)! Bravo filmed the whole thing, from the Salahi's preparation for the party, to their ride in the limo, to their not being on the list at the first checkpoint. They might've filmed even more, but didn't show it. The Bravo powers-that-be HAD to know at some point that the Salahis did not have an invitation, and they CERTAINLY knew about the aftermath, including the hate mail, and media blitz, and the Senate hearings. And yet, they went ahead with putting the Salahis into the RHDC show. Unbelievable --- or maybe not. I love reality tv, but it has certainly sunk to a new low this last season with the Salahi storyline --- and the RHOC "mean girl" storyline, and the RHNY "mean Jill - crazy Kelly" storylines,and the RHNJ "crazy Danielle - Teresa/Joe bankruptcy/alleged mistress/alleged baby" storylines. Interesting? Yes, of course they are, but don't you guys feel like you need to go and take a shower after watching some of this stuff? I know I do. . .
    I agree with all you've said here except I think Bravo played a much bigger part in the whole thing than we're led to believe. I don't know who was the instigator: Bravo or the Salahis re the State dinner fiasco but ALL were in on the whole thing somehow, someway. It's really pushing it to an extreme that annoys the heck out of me. I think Bravo just needed to find people that didn't have any morals preventing them from pulling off such a prank. And make that a prank of the highest order of repugnance.
    Shame on them all!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4080876;
    I agree with all you've said here except I think Bravo played a much bigger part in the whole thing than we're led to believe. I don't know who was the instigator: Bravo or the Salahis re the State dinner fiasco but ALL were in on the whole thing somehow, someway. It's really pushing it to an extreme that annoys the heck out of me. I think Bravo just needed to find people that didn't have any morals preventing them from pulling off such a prank. And make that a prank of the highest order of repugnance.
    Shame on them all!
    I agree with this. I've always had a funny feeling about Bravo doing a Real Housewives series about Washington wives. Politics are so important that they should be trivialized. Plus, reputation is everything. People going on this show have far more to lose than the other wives I think.

Washington DC *should be* too dignified of a city to have this show go on. I tend to think Kat's divorce was based a bit on her pariticipation.

This is the same reason Andy should stay out of the skill-based show reunions. He takes them down several notches. I like Andy and his show, but he should stick with the housewives.

+ Reply to Thread