+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

I know... It seems odd to have so many big changes.

Has anyone heard if it's definite that the Salahi's are not coming back for season 2?

I can live with that Erica chick too.

Loved last night's episode!!

I definitely think Michaele is a lot smarter than she'd like us to believe. She's smart smart and manipulative. The way she reacted at Stacie's house was just totally off. Why she would even think that someone who's a real friend, would not broach the gate crasher event in polite conversation, is just totally manipulative, deceitful and fake, IMO. Both she and Tariq tried to turn the whole thing around on WWHL by indicating how they were vindicated with the showing of the episode because everyone would see they did not lie. Such nonsense! The whole point is that they clearly crashed an event they were not invited to. Everything else is just moot.
    Sounds like these 2 are good at twisting the truth around to suit their ridiculous lies.

Stacie also annoyed me last night. After Cat's outburst at the Salahi's and eventual exit from her home, Stacie pretty much joined in, with her husband in a verbal assault on Cat and her lack of civility. Yes, Cat is outspoken and way less than tactful. However, Stacie strikes me as someone who'll tell you very sweetly to your face how nice you are, then stab you behind your back.
    She had no need to say those disparaging remarks about Cat to the Salahi's. She could have cut it off right away. Instead, she insisted on joining in and letting Jason go on, as well. Pretty hypocritical, IMO.
    I also am still not happy with her going ahead and getting in touch with her birth father against the wishes of her birth mom. Just not right, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4079937;
    Loved last night's episode!!

I definitely think Michaele is a lot smarter than she'd like us to believe. She's smart smart and manipulative.
    I agree with this. She has to be pretty strong to go through everything she is going through so calmly.

Maybe she'll drop her loser husband one day, but for now, it's the two of them together who attract the media, and if she's smart, she'll use this attention to build a career somehow.

She'd be a fool to let him go at this point in the game. Maybe when the show is over and they are out of the limelight, she can/will move on.

I've always thought Tareq was the "mastermind" behind everything but did you notice how stoic she was when appearing before congress? She had what seemed to be a very defiant look on her face.

I would have been bawling my eyes out.

I think some of you may be right about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4079953;
    I've always thought Tareq was the "mastermind" behind everything but did you notice how stoic she was when appearing before congress? She had what seemed to be a very defiant look on her face. I would have been bawling my eyes out. I think some of you may be right about her.

Ya, but at the same time, I think she thinks that anything and everything that Tareq does and says is 100% right ... I think she is brainwashed by that idiot.
    I think she is pissed off at DC for putting them through all this ... while Tareq starts getting texts the next morning about them being "crashers" and states to her, ahhh, this will all blow over ... well guess what Tareq, as Jason said to him last night, "this has put a SCARLETT LETTER on you!!!" AND this has not blown over by any means.
    The Salahi's will go down in Presidential history as "White House Gate Crashers" ...
    I think Mike is too dumb to be controlling of Tareq. I really think he has the reins here. Why would Tareq have lost 10lbs ... because he KNOWS he screwed up BIG TIME. He probably can't sleep or eat. They probably have everyone taking their picture 24/7 and not as celebrities but as WHITE HOUSE GATE CRASHERS. JMHO.
    KAREN

Momrek,

I understand the point about Tareq losing the weight so that must show how scared he is.
    While I do agree he's very culpable, I couldn't help but note how in 1 of the footage scenes they showed (I think it was their lawyer talking to press after the 2 were asked all the questions at trial.), how Michaele kept slipping out from behind the attorney to ensure her hawk like visage was being snapped for the cameras. Tareq didn't do that. But, she did. She comes across as a Lady Macbeth character to me. Not a good analogy for anyone.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I notice her little head bopping up and down for the camera too. Also during the footage in the white house she pulled Tareq back so they could linger in front of the camera's more. What a poser!

[QUOTE=

I also am still not happy with her going ahead and getting in touch with her birth father against the wishes of her birth mom. Just not right, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I think Stacie has every right to find out who she is and where she comes from. The mother made her decision now Stacie is making hers. I would hate to not know who my parents were. It's hard enough not knowing where I come from as resident of of this country. In a perfect world, as some people seem to have it, this would not even be an issue. Stacie did not ask to be born but yet she was. The mother for whatever reason doesn't want to talk but that is her issue and she needs to deal with it and not expect others to be okay with it. Go Stacie!
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Ok, I'm gonna take another shower. The sight of Mike and Tarp makes me feel crummy just watching. And I thought NoNo was a dirty mess a coupla days ago. Yeeessshhh
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha;4080127;
    I think Stacie has every right to find out who she is and where she comes from. The mother made her decision now Stacie is making hers. I would hate to not know who my parents were. It's hard enough not knowing where I come from as resident of of this country. In a perfect world, as some people seem to have it, this would not even be an issue. Stacie did not ask to be born but yet she was. The mother for whatever reason doesn't want to talk but that is her issue and she needs to deal with it and not expect others to be okay with it. Go Stacie!
    I, also, don't agree with Stacie, ignoring her birth mother's wishes. I think it was very selfish on her part. Her attitude was "I want what I want and I want it now and everyone else be damned."

you're right, it's not a perfect world.....for anybody. No one ever said we get to have everything we want, just because we want it. I would have held Stacie in very high regard to respect her mother's wishes. She obviously feels she's more important than her mother.

Yes, she didn't ask to be born but she also was not aborted which would have made her birth mother's life a whole lot easier. Given that she gave Stacie up for adoption, I don't think being pregnant was what the mother "wanted" but she put her wants and her life aside so she could give Stacie life and for the fact that it was her choices/actions that led her to becoming pregnant. Stacie's life became her priority. Taking responsibility for her own actions was a priority.

I have no judgement on Stacie's birth father because we don't know if he even knew she existed.

+ Reply to Thread