+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Wow. They must be more married than other people.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4074394[B
    ;]I'm really on the fence with the search for Stacie's biological mother and using Facebook to do so.
    While I totally appreciate and respect Stacie's desire to get info on her father, I also have to respect her bio Mom's wish not to give it. That happened to a lot of women way back and their rights should be considered, too. So, I'm really torn on this.[/B]
    I'm liking Lynda more, too. Same with Cat, who I'm really enjoying.
    Not sure about Michaele saying she used to go to the White House, as a makeup artist. Do we know that for fact, or is it another fabricated item for the Salahis.
    I have to say, this show is one of my favorites, probably because it's not as over the top as some of the others.
    I feel exactly the same. The birth mom and Stacie both have valid reasons for their desires. If the birth mom is so adamant about not wanting her now-family to know about the birth, she must have a good reason for this. I think she did the best she could for her baby (Stacie) but it doesn't give Stacie the right to mess up the mom's life. Maybe she is married to a bigot which is something I'd abhor but I'm not living her life. How would Stacie feel if her birth mother's life was torn apart because of her wish to know who her father was?? And what if her birth father wanted nothing to do with her AND she messed up her mother's life???
    It's a difficult road to walk.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4074609;
    I can't believe it's already time for the finale. I haven't watched the series but looking forward to jumping in once the Salahis are gone next season. Really enjoyed reading what you guys had to say and for keeping me semi "in the loop" until I join in on the fun. The adoption storyline seems like the most interesting one I've heard come out of this show. Looking forward to hearing how it plays out.
    I didn't realize the Salahis were not returning to the show. I can't stand either of them but their shenanigans are more interesting than the boring (made-up-for-ratings) Danielle feud on RHNJ and that lasted longer than one season. I thought their "reason for being" was to give us someone we love to hate.
    As for Michaele saying she was a makeup artist at the White House, I think we can file that right along with being a cheerleader. And since when did working at a makeup counter become synonymous with being a makeup artist? But then I don't live in her fantasyland world.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

...As for Michaele saying she was a makeup artist at the White House, I think we can file that right along with being a cheerleader. And since when did working at a makeup counter become synonymous with being a makeup artist? But then I don't live in her fantasyland world.
    Add "model" with a major agency to the list. My husband watches this show, so I do sometimes. He loves it! Lately we've been caught up in researching some of the Salahis' lies and being appalled/amused by them. Of course, he finds Mike the most appealing and won't watch the show when she's gone.

Incidentally, most cosmetologists who study makeup artistry wind up behind retail counters. Most cosmetic sales associates refer to themselves as makeup artists.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

The vast majority of makeup people that comprise the retail counters at dept. stores where I am don't have a cosmetology license. Most have / obtain experience in makeup application. The average person who works at the MAC counter, Lancome counter, et al, is probably not in posession of a cosmetology license, since it's not needed like it would be to be a manicurist, hair stylist, esthetician, etc.
    I was actually surprised to find out Michaele had been a makeup artist, since I don't think she does a very good job of applying her own makeup.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4075170;
    The vast majority of makeup people that comprise the retail counters at dept. stores where I am don't have a cosmetology license. Most have / obtain experience in makeup application. The average person who works at the MAC counter, Lancome counter, et al, is probably not in posession of a cosmetology license, since it's not needed like it would be to be a manicurist, hair stylist, esthetician, etc.
    I was actually surprised to find out Michaele had been a makeup artist, since I don't think she does a very good job of applying her own makeup.
    I agree. Most who work in the beauty departments of more upscale stores receive training by the cosmetic company that they will be representing. The amount and length of training differs with each company. The companies may also hire cosmetologists/make up artists in addition to the sales people. I know at my local Norstrom, on the weekends, they are swarming all over the department, doing makeovers. Some may have licenses or they might just have more comprehensive training. (Not that all this matters, really)

I couldn't help but try and see if Michaele had hair extenstions while getting her blow out done prior to the White House escapade. I always thought she did have them because it looks like two different layers of hair. The lower layer (longest part) is slightly different in color and texture. But they didn't really show enough for me to be sure.(not that this matters, either )

No more Mike & Tarp show? Too bad, because if Bravo took them on for a couple more seasons, this codependent delusional duo might finally be so totally exposed they'd no longer be able to intrude where they don't belong.

My question here --- how is it that Mike & Tarp are accepted in DC society at any level? It's not as if they're being ostracized for their delusional antics; they do command a lot of coverage. What are people around them thinking anyway? The press treats them as if they're "somebody". It's baffling!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe they're just somebody to talk about....which I would think would get old quickly due to their mendacious behavior.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

KK4
    FORT Fan

I think Mike believes her lies as she makes them up. While getting her makeup done before the State dinner, she was telling her makeup person how she had called the White House Social Secretary about wearing a certain gown.
    She's pathetic, as is her husband.

After watching the RHowives of Atlanta I got cleaned up and came over here just to say how lovely and smart and wholesome the DC wives are by comparison!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread