+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

The Salahis were on a local radio show yesterday morning. Apparentaly Michaele workded with one of the host years ago. In the 15 minutes it took me to drive to work I think Michaele said "you know how real we are" at least 50 times! Still in denial mode that they crashed anything. Had to turn it off otherwsie I might have had to crash my car into a tree & I don't even watch this series.

FORT Fanatic

I work in downtown D.C. While coming back to lunch, I had to wait for a motorcade of about 8 motorcycle officers and several white mini-vans coming from the U.S. Capitol towards the White House on Constitution Avenue. Sirens blaring all the way and traffic stopped. I thought the sign on the minivans said SAA (I don't know what that means). A friend wonders if it was really an abbreviation for the Salahis and they were going somewhere - lots of room for the other housewives, husbands, hairdressers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4071813;
    I work in downtown D.C. While coming back to lunch, I had to wait for a motorcade of about 8 motorcycle officers and several white mini-vans coming from the U.S. Capitol towards the White House on Constitution Avenue. Sirens blaring all the way and traffic stopped. I thought the sign on the minivans said SAA (I don't know what that means). A friend wonders if it was really an abbreviation for the Salahis and they were going somewhere - lots of room for the other housewives, husbands, hairdressers, etc.
    I had fun Googling SSA. There is a whole list here, but the first one that came to mind was Social Security Administration. It could have been the Secretaría de Salud (Secretary of Health in Mexico):

SSA - What does SSA stand for? Acronyms and abbreviations by the Free Online Dictionary.

Some fun ones: Soaring Society of America and Southern Shrimp Alliance,

FORT Newbie

I think the Salahis might be the most annoying people ever to be on the RHW... any of them! I have seen every episode of every series and I can hardly stand them. Well... they might be tied with Danielle!! lol

I'm glad next week is the finale for this show. This was the most uninteresting and boring group. Or maybe I just got used to all the botox beotches and nasty fighting drama from the other housewive shows, this one was a big yawn.
    The Salahi's said the truth would come out and it did. They did NOT have an invitation for that white house dinner.
    Atlanta starts Monday, I can't wait!

I want to address Stacie and her search for her biological dad. I certainly hope she does find her dad and that all goes well. What I don;t understand is the e-mail to her bio-mom's son. (that would be your half-brother Stacie, not your step-brother). I don't get why they sent that e-mail to him. It seems like she wants to tell him to "get back" at the bio-mom for not giving her info on bio-dad. I understand if she want's to get to know him but I think telling him he has a half sister should come from his mother. Especially since it seems like he young.

On another note... Linda is becomming more and more my favorite with each episode. I love her openess and frankness about things.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why do you get the impression that he is young? I never got that impression, but I do think that he is close to her age. I also didn't get the impression that she wanted to "get back" at the mother; I think she is just desperate for some way to get information. I thought it was interesting, the resemblance between Stacie and the woman from her father's country. Looking forward to seeing this play out.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm really on the fence with the search for Stacie's biological mother and using Facebook to do so.
    While I totally appreciate and respect Stacie's desire to get info on her father, I also have to respect her bio Mom's wish not to give it. That happened to a lot of women way back and their rights should be considered, too. So, I'm really torn on this.

I'm liking Lynda more, too. Same with Cat, who I'm really enjoying.
    Not sure about Michaele saying she used to go to the White House, as a makeup artist. Do we know that for fact, or is it another fabricated item for the Salahis.
    I have to say, this show is one of my favorites, probably because it's not as over the top as some of the others.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I can't believe it's already time for the finale. I haven't watched the series but looking forward to jumping in once the Salahis are gone next season. Really enjoyed reading what you guys had to say and for keeping me semi "in the loop" until I join in on the fun. The adoption storyline seems like the most interesting one I've heard come out of this show. Looking forward to hearing how it plays out.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I was googling the Salahi's and get a load of this ...

Tareq and Michaele married in 2003. Their ceremony was held at Cathedral of St. Matthew the Apostle in Washington, D.C., with 28 bridesmaids and 28 groomsmen.
    Their reception at the Salahi family winery was prepared by 46 chefs, hosted in a 36,000-square-foot tent, and culminated with a 30-minute fireworks display and an eight-foot wedding cake.
    The guest list included 1,836 guests, including Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy and former U.S. Ambassador to Ireland Margaret Heckler.

Do you all think this is true ... ?

Why is it that sooooo many people (including me and the rest of the DC housewives) cannot stand them BUT they had 1800+ guests at their wedding????

I do like Mary, Stacie, Cat and Lynda!! I hope they all return for season 2. Salahi's need not bother. :nono I will say I do find Lynda's voice more annoying than Cat's mummbling.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread