+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Tolerant towards....intolerant people? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;4068877;
    yep, some people call it turning the other cheek. Others may call it not judging people (by calling them intolerant).

But I give up. I only wanted to say that I had respect for other people and their rights, which I think this is all based on: rights.

I really am not picking sides on the gay marriage discussion but it's obvious that's it a hot button ticket and I don't want it to become an argument about who's right/who's wrong. We're really here to talk about the RHDC. I apologize to anyone who thought I was being unkind or biased. I'm just a big believer in respect for others but that didn't seem to come across as I meant it to.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4068880;
    yep, some people call it turning the other cheek. Others may call it not judging people (by calling them intolerant).

But I give up. I only wanted to say that I had respect for other people and their rights, which I think this is all based on: rights.

I really am not picking sides on the gay marriage discussion but it's obvious that's it a hot button ticket and I don't want it to become an argument about who's right/who's wrong. We're really here to talk about the RHDC. I apologize to anyone who thought I was being unkind or biased. I'm just a big believer in respect for others but that didn't seem to come across as I meant it to.
    You keep talking about rights and beliefs. What about the rights of gays to marry? You can believe something all you want but the second you vote against gay marriage you are tying to strip someone of their rights.

Again not every belief should be honored and treated with respect. I am not going to turn the other cheek when someone is being denied a basic human right. I don't have to be tolerant of bigotry and hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;4068877;
    Interesting enough for it to be watched on TV and then discussed here.

So is next week the WH party crashing episode?
    Last edited by Tess; 09-25-2010 at 08:13 AM.

FORT Fanatic

Michaele Salahi was on the Today show yesterday briefly. She is plugging a new book about her and her husband called "Cirque du Salahi" by Diane Dimond (not the guy they talked with on their show about the idea of writing a book). I read the reviews on Amazon.com, and they are not good, to say the least.

I think the Salahis are pathological liars and they really believe all the nonsense they spout.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4068210;
    But that's how are laws are made and defined. We vote and the majority wins. Just because it doesn't literally affect your life, doesn't mean that you can't have an opinion on it or a solid belief. Example: I think stealing should be unlawful and even tho I don't steal and don't know anyone who steals, I still think it's wrong.
    Everyone in America has the right to their opinion and if it's up for vote, they have the right to vote how their conscious tells them to vote. It's not necessarily "wrong" if you believe differently than others.

I'm not sticking up for Stacie's view point on this. But I am sticking up for freedom of speech and freedom of choice, which is what made America the great country it is. We don't have to agree with everyone but we should respect their beliefs as much as we would like to be respected for our own beliefs.

I don't mean to sound "preachy" but I just feel that when you're fighting for rights, other "rights" shouldn't be condemned, ridiculed or belittled.
    No one on this thread that I've seen has said Stacie doesn't have a right to state that she thinks gay marriage is wrong. She has a right to feel however she wants, and we have a right to think and say whatever we want about that. But should her beliefs override someone else's rights? I don't think so.

As I've said before, she has a right to feel whatever she wants, but beliefs shouldn't override someone's rights. Which is what those who would outlaw gay marriage want to have happen - they want their personal beliefs that homosexuality is wrong to trump gay people's right to get married.

Just as some people STILL feel that people of different races shouldn't be allowed to marry, and have a right to scream it from their rooftops if they wish, that shouldn't change the rights of other people.

We vote the way we believe. That will not change. Respect for differing beliefs goes both ways, however I know from years of experience we will not change the other's point of view on a forum discussion board.

Can the discussion please revert back to the actual show? I was looking forward to hearing all about the Faux Redskins Cheerleader...
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

I too want to hear more about the faux Redskins cheerleader, and also about the 200 signed photos that the Salahis plan to sell on eBay for $100 each to pay a $20,000 debt. Can you say delusional?

Michaele Salahi Redskins Cheerleader Controversy

Actually I think Mike is a hologram. Or maybe a cipher. Or a pinata that's not yet been burst-- pretty soon she's going to explode and a whole bunch of confetti will spill out. There's no substance whatever to that piece of work.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Did anyone, besides me, hear that the Salahis had been fired by Bravo?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread