+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Stacie's friend is clearly attempting to become relevant and secure a spot for next season at Cat's expense. She picked on Cat way more than Cat pick at her. I couldn't believe this grown woman was trying to justify her bullying against Cat by bringing up the fact that Cat didn't like Tyra??? Huh???

I feel like Stacie has a right to her beliefs just like anyone else. Just because you have no interest in supporting a certain issue or law doesn't mean you're going to oppose it. She shouldn't be forced to vote for gay marriages. I doubt she'll be at the courthouse protesting it either. I really don't feel like Stacie nor her husband are trying to FORCE their religious beliefs down anyone's throats, yet people are trying to FORCE the idea of gay marriage down theirs.
    "...feelings are so 1979..."
    -classic

At least this show is finally getting interesting. I was ready to quit watching.

I think it willd do just fine without the Salahi's.

Enjoyed last night's episode and am liking Cat more and more.
    Erica's argument - you don't like Tyra Banks - was a tad ridiculous.
    One doesn't have to justify their dislike of a person - and I doubt, in this case, that Cat dislikes Tyra simply based on race.
    I don't find Cat to be racist, but I am finding Erica to be that way.
    I really liked that Lynda jumped to Cat's defense. I liked Lynda a lot last night.

As far as Stacie's stance on gay marriage, I am not going to fault her for her beliefs. They're her beliefs, after all, and she is entitled to them, whether I agree with them or not.
    I have many friends who are against pro-choice based on their religious beliefs. It's not fair for me to decide that they should feel the same as me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I just read on RadarOnline that the Salahi's are now auctioning off signed pictures of themselves from when they crashed the WH. They apparently are broke. (No Sh%t??)
    I not only wouldn't pay a penny for one ... I'd be embarassed to even have it in my house! Can these people get any more delusional?

From Radar:
    Sources close to the situation said that "after looking over the couple's assets it was determined they couldn't afford to pay their debt."

As a result, the Salahis signed 200 photographs of themselves pictured at the White House which are going to be "auctioned off on eBay for $100 each in an effort to get the $20,000 owed."

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4068294;

Glad we had a little less of the Salahi's last night. I can do without them.
    I"m wondering if the lack of airtime last night prompted Tareq's drunken, profanity laced Twitter attacks last night at everybidy from his castmates to Snooki!

FORT Fanatic

A lot of the comments are making me want to cry.

Beliefs can be wrong people. It's okay to judge people with bigoted ideas and beliefs. Don't want an abortion? Fine don't have one. But voting on a law that doesn't give people that choice is wrong. Don't like gay marriage? Great don't have one. But just because your religion states this is "wrong" doesn't give you the right to say hurtful, ignorant things about people who simply want to get married.

Comparing stealing to gay marriage is just...I have no words for that.

I like Stacie. I really do. But it's okay to be disappointed in what she said. I don't see how anyone can defend her. Or her husband. He shouldn't be forgotten in this hot mess either.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;4068862;
    A lot of the comments are making me want to cry.

Beliefs can be wrong people. It's okay to judge people with bigoted ideas and beliefs. Don't want an abortion? Fine don't have one. But voting on a law that doesn't give people that choice is wrong. Don't like gay marriage? Great don't have one. But just because your religion states this is "wrong" doesn't give you the right to say hurtful, ignorant things about people who simply want to get married.

Comparing stealing to gay marriage is just...I have no words for that.

I like Stacie. I really do. But it's okay to be disappointed in what she said. I don't see how anyone can defend her. Or her husband. He shouldn't be forgotten in this hot mess either.
    I am proud to live in California where the voice of the people count.

I don't like Stacie's friend. I hope she doesn't just try to play mean girl and be the pot stirrer like Kim D was to NJ.

Hello! Post 408! The right for different races to marry was never put up ,to the public, to vote on. It was decided by the United States Supreme Court in 1968. The same court will probably do the same for gay marriages. It's a civil rights issue not something that should or will be decided by popular belief systems or voting. Most of the opinions here seem to be that Stacie was wrong with the things that she said. I'm pleasantly surprised out how open minded everyone seems to be on the subject!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tess;4068863;
    I am proud to live in California where the voice of the people count.

I don't like Stacie's friend. I hope she doesn't just try to play mean girl and be the pot stirrer like Kim D was to NJ.
    That is how I feel about Stacie's friend too. On one side of her mouth she states that she doesn't even know Cat but on the other side she says that Cat is always negative and blah blah. Like OH okay someone is really trying hard to create drama so they can be the new housewive. However she might not have to try so hard since Mary's drama is SO BORING.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4068866;
    Hello! Post 408! The right for different races to marry was never put up ,to the public, to vote on. It was decided by the United States Supreme Court in 1968. The same court will probably do the same for gay marriages. It's a civil rights issue not something that should or will be decided by popular belief systems or voting. Most of the opinions here seem to be that Stacie was wrong with the things that she said. I'm pleasantly surprised out how open minded everyone seems to be on the subject!
    I sure didn't mean to offend anyone when I wrote my post. I was not comparing stealing w/gay marriage. I was comparing the fact that people can have beliefs/opinions without it being something that directly affects them. I had hoped others would understand that.

Yes, most of the opinions here seem to be that Stacie was wrong with what she said but what does that prove? Surprisingly, that wasn't the results of the last vote on gay marriage in California, one of the most liberal states in the US. It was the result in other states (and/or courts) but as a country, we're still in process of settling on an answer so discussion is important.

I'm not on either "side" here. I only believe that every individual should have the right to their beliefs. I think people who call other people "haters" are behaving "hateful."
    Stacie and her husband are no more "forcing" their beliefs on anyone any more or any less than the ones who believe the opposite. If anything, their strong stance among so many with the opposite belief is noteworthy. Takes guts to do that. I also don't like Stacie's apparent bias towards anything African American but I should repect her right to say what she wants to say.

Truly, truly don't want to make this an issue about pro or con gay marriage. To me, it's about the Real Housewives expressing their thoughts.
    It's about people having the right to believe what they want to believe, right or wrong in our own individual eyes. It's about respect and tolerance towards other people. Tolerance doesn't mean agreement but rather respect for others beliefs and right to have those beliefs. We're all different but it's important to learn how we can live together with different beliefs.

+ Reply to Thread