+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

You're right, of course, but that is true of anyone, even those on the guest list. My point is that they were as safe as anyone there. My guess is that they usually put some lowly staffer on the guest list checkpoint, thinking it's less important. Hopefully this is a lesson to them.

I really hope that we don't see prominent people on a regular basis, just because that's so disheartening. Really, we're fighting two wars, millions of people have no homes/jobs/food, the Atlantic Ocean is full of oil because your committee in charge of regulating the oil companies was so corrupt, but you have time to be on a BravoTV show?? Just thinking about the hypothetical riles me up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;3950591 View Post
    The Salahi's gate crashing along with Bravo's help, has cost more that one person's livelihood. In this economy I hope that the Secret Service folks who lost their jobs, were able to find employment. I loathe that Bravo makes some of these women feel "entitled" by their so called "fame" to produce book's, songs, and sex tapes. I suppose there is a reason why Bravo is called the "Donner Channel".
    Love that Donner Party reference- so accurate. The Salahi fiasco has cost taxpayers plenty what with the investigation and civil action. I cannot stand that couple- every time they make the news they are pretentious and annoying. Just what we need, more pretenders. Not.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3959337;
    You're right, of course, but that is true of anyone, even those on the guest list. My point is that they were as safe as anyone there. My guess is that they usually put some lowly staffer on the guest list checkpoint, thinking it's less important. Hopefully this is a lesson to them.

I really hope that we don't see prominent people on a regular basis, just because that's so disheartening. Really, we're fighting two wars, millions of people have no homes/jobs/food, the Atlantic Ocean is full of oil because your committee in charge of regulating the oil companies was so corrupt, but you have time to be on a BravoTV show?? Just thinking about the hypothetical riles me up a bit.
    I seriously doubt these people are going to be A-list insiders, for the reason you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3952662;
    Maybe it's just me, but these shows are getting to be a bit too much. Here's my take on things:

The OC has had a very long run - and people seem to have taken to the wives in a nice way (most of them) compared to the other shows. And I think it's because we see that they are real people with real issues that the rest of us can related to, e.g. not having money after a divorce, alcoholic husbands, jealous husbands, problems with their children, growing careers, suffering because of the economy, etc. And, we got to know many of the kids and realized it wasn't all peaches and cream. And, the women are really working to make things happen. With the addition of Gretchen and the other blonde, the show took a different turn and I really don't care for it.

In Atlanta, the women are made by virtue of the men they marry (most anyway). I just don't see alot of substance going on over there (other than the singer/producer....I don't watch anymore and I've forgotten her name. I think its Candy).

In NYC, the show has really evolved into who is more of a star than who. We see little of the kids, husbands, etc. It's just alot of fighting and competition.

In NJ, I thought the show had potential. However, Danielle is far too over the top. The fact that they keep her entwined with the others is just for Tv drama because in real life, they would have kicked her to the curb a long time ago. This fakey relationship and Danielle's seriously off-the-deep-end personality are too much for me. Plus, there are only 2 women who really do anything substantive on their own - Dina and the mother of the two boys (she has an active role in the running of the Brownstone).

These days, I only tune in to any of these on occassion - well, except for NYC. And the Jill and Bethany stuff was a bit too much.

I wish Bravo would do a show about real women doing real stuff that I can relate to. All this bickering and fame-whoring is too much for me.

I'll tune in to all the shows from time to time, but I won't watch they way I have in the past. Who knows. People in Washington are educated and saavy. Maybe well get some interesting women - as opposed to the woman and her husband who crashed the dinner (that's just slimy).
    So, the Salahi's get rewarded with media attention overkill after their maniacal decision to crash the White House? IMO, all these fame-whore celebrity wanna-be's will pay for their greed and narcissistic obsession for attention later on in life.

IMO, these shows have become a house of horrors for all the kids who are exploited on these shows. What parent in their right mind would drag their innocent children on a show that revels in really, really stupid behavior with their lies, deceit, and teenage-like fights between so-called adults laid bare for all to see? They probably promise their kids how the show will offer opportunities for fame, fortune, and potential careers in modeling, TV, book deals, etc, only to be left to deal with the fallout of their parents issues and especially those of the children and teenagers who are having a hard enough time trying to cope with growing up yet have their issues laid bare on national TV like an open book. Then the kids have to deal with their parents lies, evictions, foreclosures, out of control spending, addictions, alcoholism, failed marriages, adultery, and just plain horrific behavior! Yep, just what these kids need.

Didn't Lauri from the OC group use Josh’s horrific story, proudly wearing a badge of honor in a vain attempt to garner sympathy from the viewers by talking about how hard her life was dealing with a kid she never parented properly prior to the show - a situation that should have been dealt with privately? Hell no, Josh’s plight brought in huge ratings for Bravo. Look how he ended up. Both Ashley and Lauri’s are eluding on their Twitter pages that they are are coming back for season six - dragging the Brady's back with them.

What about the little girl that witnessed an outright brawl on the NJ show when her mother turned over the table with her veins about to burst while yelling at another? Bravo captured the look on the young daughters face that was clearly filled with "real life" trauma, and we call that entertainment? IMO, these shows have become nothing more than pathetic and exploitation that, IMO is outright abuse of a child.
    Last edited by Oompaloopa; 07-15-2010 at 04:10 PM. Reason: left out a word
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Thank GOD Project Runway is starting next week. I am boycotting this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3985981;
    Thank GOD Project Runway is starting next week. I am boycotting this franchise.
    Can't wait for Project Runway. I agree about the Housewives shows. I will continue to watch Bethanny's show, but not the others.

I'll be watching Project Runway, Bethenny, and will finish out NJ but will pass on DC.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Glad to see other viewers are passing on the DC show. I hope it is a total failure. I will not be watching.

I will watch Bethenny and the HWs of NY, but no others. I'm done with OC. I never watched Atlanta or NJ. I saw a bit of HWs of NJ last night and it was TERRIBLE, It's infuriating to see such dense people with so many nice things in their life. I guess life isn't fair.

If the Salahi's weren't included in this cast I probably would have watched it. They are so it is Project Runway for me.
    I am on the fence with Beverly Hills. This whole Kelsey Grammer drama is a bit too contrived for me so I may pass.

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Sure you want to pass on DC?

Tareq Salahi Assaults Lynda Erkiletian at Bravo Dinner

http://absurdtosublime.net
    Last edited by ladychat; 08-01-2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: bad link
    East of Reality

+ Reply to Thread