+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

I am so not interested in seeing this group of housewives.

There wasn't even anything interesting in the teaser. We have ALL seen the "shocking" white house fiasco.
    "...feelings are so 1979..."
    -classic

Made up my mind, I'm not watching. These pretentious wannabees cost others their jobs. That's enough for me. I'll probably pop in and read recaps, but I will not watch. And that includes any WWH with these people on it.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar

I think i will pass alos. I may read recaps, but I can't imagine how this show will be interesting. Unless of course, there's scandal.....lol

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I think it's very sad that White House and/or Social Security employees lost their jobs, but geez, don't you think they should have? What kind of national security do we have if a tv network can arrange to breach the security of the White House? If Bravo could so easily do it, it's almost unthinkable what kind of damage a terrorist could do, or some other horrible person who was out to murder someone in the White House. For me, the real crime here, is that Bravo would engineer something like the gate crashing, so that if some evil person didn't already have the idea of doing something like that, Bravo was going to help to plant the seed. . . After all, why be like some attempted assassin and shoot the President from outside the White House gates, when you can easily get inside, have a few drinks, mingle a little, and then shoot him.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 06-27-2010 at 06:57 AM.

FORT Fogey

Maybe it's just me, but these shows are getting to be a bit too much. Here's my take on things:

The OC has had a very long run - and people seem to have taken to the wives in a nice way (most of them) compared to the other shows. And I think it's because we see that they are real people with real issues that the rest of us can related to, e.g. not having money after a divorce, alcoholic husbands, jealous husbands, problems with their children, growing careers, suffering because of the economy, etc. And, we got to know many of the kids and realized it wasn't all peaches and cream. And, the women are really working to make things happen. With the addition of Gretchen and the other blonde, the show took a different turn and I really don't care for it.

In Atlanta, the women are made by virtue of the men they marry (most anyway). I just don't see alot of substance going on over there (other than the singer/producer....I don't watch anymore and I've forgotten her name. I think its Candy).

In NYC, the show has really evolved into who is more of a star than who. We see little of the kids, husbands, etc. It's just alot of fighting and competition.

In NJ, I thought the show had potential. However, Danielle is far too over the top. The fact that they keep her entwined with the others is just for Tv drama because in real life, they would have kicked her to the curb a long time ago. This fakey relationship and Danielle's seriously off-the-deep-end personality are too much for me. Plus, there are only 2 women who really do anything substantive on their own - Dina and the mother of the two boys (she has an active role in the running of the Brownstone).

These days, I only tune in to any of these on occassion - well, except for NYC. And the Jill and Bethany stuff was a bit too much.

I wish Bravo would do a show about real women doing real stuff that I can relate to. All this bickering and fame-whoring is too much for me.

I'll tune in to all the shows from time to time, but I won't watch they way I have in the past. Who knows. People in Washington are educated and saavy. Maybe well get some interesting women - as opposed to the woman and her husband who crashed the dinner (that's just slimy).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3952261;
    I think it's very sad that White House and/or Social Security employees lost their jobs, but geez, don't you think they should have? What kind of national security do we have if a tv network can arrange to breach the security of the White House? If Bravo could so easily do it, it's almost unthinkable what kind of damage a terrorist could do, or some other horrible person who was out to murder someone in the White House. For me, the real crime here, is that Bravo would engineer something like the gate crashing, so that if some evil person didn't already have the idea of doing something like that, Bravo was going to help to plant the seed. . . After all, why be like some attempted assassin and shoot the President from outside the White House gates, when you can easily get inside, have a few drinks, mingle a little, and then shoot him.
    I saw Michelle and Tariq Salahi on a local TV show and they are so empty. They sad there with a fixed smirk on their faces as they explained:

1) They didn't want to talk about the legal problems they (still) face, that because the Vice President laughed about it they couldn't imagine a court convicting them.

2) The dead dead dead vines at their "vineyard" Oasis in Virginia aren't dead but resting, despite the assertions of the interviewer that she'd driven past it at least once and the dried up twigs weren't leafing out.

3) The "vineyard" wasn't in bankruptcy, it was "in protection" (bankruptcy) because everyone in Tariq's family sues everyone else in Tariq's family because they're so classy.

4) They're really charitable because they don't get paid for doing interviews.

5) Despite hardly anyone knowing them (although lots of people know of them, mostly angry creditors or their agent in Australia(!)) they really are members of the 'in' crowd in Washington.

They evaded and squirmed past all the interviewer's admittedly slightly needling questions. I thought at first that the interviewer was a bit harsh but then (a) this wasn't a publicity interview (b) when you lie you shouldn't expect kid gloves and (c) they're appalling.

You can PM me for the details of where to see the interview if you've not found it already. I wish wish wish that I'd been there that day. But oh, dear, maybe it's better not - the premise of this gathering is that you get lunch and a chance to meet the interviewee. I loved meeting Simon van Kempen at that particular gathering. If Tariq and the truly horrid Micaela came barrelling down at me I don't know what I would do to avoid them.

I'm far ffar far from a member of DC's "in" set. But even I do have my standards. Some people are simply beneath notice. I'd sooner spend an evening stuck between NoNo Leakes and Kim So-on-crack or Tess of the Stone Temple and Demeted Danielle than five minutes with either of these two. I mean, I can always wear a hard hat and kevlar, right?

But I'm 100% certain it's great TV.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3952662;
    Maybe it's just me, but these shows are getting to be a bit too much. Here's my take on things:

...<much good stuff>
    Well analyzed and well put.

Whatever few brain cells I have left I won't be wasting them watching this series. If there are in fact reality tv GODS in heaven, this show will only last 1 season.
    So if these gate crashers do get tried & convicted, will BRAVO film this couple in prison with their new spouses, Big Earl for Tariq & Big Laverne for Michelle??? Nope I can't even lower my moral compass that low to watch this show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3952261;
    I get your sentiment, believe me, I find it scary, but do you honestly think they would have gotten in if they had weapons of any kind? They went through all the same security screenings as anyone else - it was that the "guest list" checkpoint screwed up. Not the "are you going to/do you have the capacity to kill the President/Vice President/anyone else" checkpoints.

I feel like America, as a country, really does not need to see people in D.C. behaving like morons, when everyone is so disillusioned with the government, and obviously the two are associated.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3957019;
    I get your sentiment, believe me, I find it scary, but do you honestly think they would have gotten in if they had weapons of any kind? They went through all the same security screenings as anyone else - it was that the "guest list" checkpoint screwed up. Not the "are you going to/do you have the capacity to kill the President/Vice President/anyone else" checkpoints.

I feel like America, as a country, really does not need to see people in D.C. behaving like morons, when everyone is so disillusioned with the government, and obviously the two are associated.
    I agree with you to a certain point, tears.and.rain, but are you kidding? In this day and age, with all of the super-duper kinds of extreme martial arts that are so widely being performed throughout all of the countries in Asia, and now in the USA and all over the world, a martial artist with no weapons could easily kill someone with his bare hands in a very short time.

But your other comment is right on! America does not need to see people in DC behaving like morons! It would so much more effective if our leaders and decisionmakers acted (at least while in the public view) like role models. The Real Housewives bunch are not really in that catagory, but hopefully any intermingling with the powers-that-be will be portrayed with dignity and class.

+ Reply to Thread