+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Don't quote me cause I unfortunately will have to re-watch this but Stacie said something about the mother, husband and child were white and what would people think if they found out the mother was sleeping with a black man.

My definition of selfish does not include a woman who goes through 9 months of pregnancy, labor/childbirth and a heart wrenching decision to give up her child for it's better future rather than just having an abortion and having no future whatsoever!
    There are many women out there who go through pregnancy/childbirth then drown their poor kids. People can be selfish in other ways

FORT Fogey

Maybe Stacie's mother doesn't know her father's name.

FORT Fogey

Maybe, but he was her teacher in the Peace Corps.

FORT Fogey

So she says.

FORT Fogey

Why would she lie? Although... it does seem weird that her mother, the supposed racist, was in the peace corps...

FORT Fogey

If she had a one night stand with some guy and forgot his name, why not lie? I would. Actually, I would say he was dead if I wanted to shut Stacie up.

FORT Fogey

Well, if that's what her mother did, then that's horrendous as well. But, I meant why would Stacie lie?

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4050136;
    Maybe Stacie's oversensitivity to race comes from the fact that she's rejected by her own mother for being half-black? I would agree with Stacie's statement that it's selfish of her birth mom to keep the identity of Stacie's father a secret. All she needs is a name. From there, if he was a teacher in the Peace Corps, I'm sure they have records.
    If that's true, then Stacie's oversensitivity to race is relatively new and I doubt that. Just watching her friends reaction to the news of her being half white tells me that they all come from the same mold. I think Stacie has felt this way for a long time. Probably since college years since those were her sorority sisters. 'Like seeks out like.'

Also regarding Stacy (and again all her sorority sisters) stating that her birth mother is selfish for keeping the identity of her birth father a secret:
    Where did regard for the right of privacy go?
    What if he doesn't even know Stacie exists?
    It's obvious that Stacie's birth was not intentional so it's likely the father knew nothing.
    Why does Stacie command more rights than her father?
    Why is her "need to know" more important?
    There may have been a time when knowing the medical history of your parents/relatives was important but today w/all the modern technology of testing, this info is not nearly as needed. Even if you knew you had a chance to develop an illness/disease, knowing that doesn't prevent you from getting it. With some diseases, there's little you can do before hand to change the outcome. And on the other hand, just because it's in your family history doesn't automatically mean you too will develop the disease. Nothing is for sure in this life.

I guess I'm a big supporter of birth parents' rights, who give their children up for adoption. The child has a life (not aborted) and probably one better than if the parent(s) kept her and 2 people who really wanted a child get one.

And yes, some mothers do not abort their children and then drown them. Weirdo and crazies abound in this world. I'm just saying that mothers and fathers, dealing with an unfortunate occurance, having done what they considered best for their child, have the right to privacy. And in turn, so do adopted children, if their birth parent(s) comes knocking.

Sorry

[QUOTE=AngloAm;4049731;]Was there not something...I dunno...droit de seigneur about the whole display of getting three women to (partially) disrobe and jump about for the men's giggles and grins?

Totally agree with you here. You'd think women of their age and in this time would refuse to go along with such a stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4049738;

In fact this has been bothering me - Mary takes so many chances to sneer about Mike having been a makeup 'girl' but...what does Mary do? She doesn't make money, she spends it. Useless as a badge of honor.

At least Mike had a job. Stacie is in a profession. Lynda is a businesswoman. Mary and Cat do what? Get supported? Sponge? Supervise the maids? And at least Cat doesn't boast about being an appendage.

Why does Mary have to be such a b*tch about Mike's past? Does she really think it makes her appealing? She really has a bug up her well-padded about status - she was royally p*ssed when <whatisname Jason's husband> didn't make obeisance to her rapidly enough - he was so deficient that she had to clear her throat (which really shows she cares more than she should that her hairdresser jumps for her. The opinions of service personnel might be interesting but they should never cause one to make a spectacle of oneself.).

For all that she wants to be Miss Nicey Nicey Ordinary Lady she's got some real atavistic throwback ideas about status and birthright. Sneering about social climbers, chucking about the fame of her grandad (an entertainer, nothing more) and her being allowed to play in the Kennedys' garden (I'm sure their servants' children were allowed to play there too) is in poor taste and reveals her basic and unattractive nature. I find that sort of thing more pathetic than impressive. I don't mind new money or old money but when one pretends to be the other, it's more an exhibition than anything else. Frankly give me a Teresa Giudice (RHONJ) who is brash and tacky but unashamed over a Mary, who can't quite ever get it right.
    I don't really know Mary and Cat's circumstances but they are mothers and if they are mostly stay at home moms, then not being employed is definitely justified. Being a mom and caring for a home (even w/help) is a full time job. It's possible that she does "supervise the maids" if they entertain a lot due to charity or husband's business needs and that requires a lot of time and planning. And if she does do volunteer and/or charity work, caring for the home and all those kids, then I see her spending her time with purpose.

With that being said, I agree that she can be a nasty pompous piece of work. Constatnly referencing Mike's job at Nordstrom is petty and demeaning. If she only mentions the Kennedy and Arthur Godfrey the one time, I have no problem with it, but I do if that is how she continues to define herself. We'll see if she brings it up more.

As for the snub by the hairdresser, I thought she looked pathetic and I felt sorry for her. But what goes around, comes around.

+ Reply to Thread