+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4042930;
    I don't like all the racist drama that they're trying to stir up bet. Stacie and Cat.
    Neither woman is looking too good in this plotline.
    I don't like it either. Between that and the goofy Michaele (think that's her real name?) I'm not sure I can stick this one out. If they ramp up the fake racism, I'm out. There's enough real racism in the world, I don't need to see Bravo's take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4042932;
    I don't like it either. Between that and the goofy Michaele (think that's her real name?) I'm not sure I can stick this one out. If they ramp up the fake racism, I'm out. There's enough real racism in the world, I don't need to see Bravo's take on it.
    Exactly.

Nothing seems quite real about Michaele.
    And, don't get me started on her husband.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4042903;
    How did she throw her child under the bus? In my opinion, no one should have their children on. What you've described above could be applied to any housewife who has her child on TV from Bethenny's Bryn to Vicki's Michael. I'm not sure that Josh would have stopped being a drug-addled criminal if his mother never appeared on TV.
    I have to agree. There were no guarantees Josh would have not had the same oucome had Lauri never gone on the show seing she was obviously a hands-off-parent prior to the show but I don't think people really understand or have a clear picture of the emotional trauma these young people are going through by their famewhore parents unless one has seen first hand, and experienced the consequences these kids are left to try and sort out in their own immature minds. It's pretty dang sad.

I hope the DC and BH parents took notes in terms of what has circulated the Internet and even letters that were authored by some of the Housewives kids. Just b/c they are kids/teens, are their stories, their obvious attempt to set the record straight by defending themselves and their siblings, not to be taken seriously? Some of the parents, but primarily their children, are paying a high price for the lack of hands on parenting and nurturing for a free ticket to a D-listed red "stained" carpet. I truly hope Kelsey wins his battle in court to protect his kids. That is what REAL celebrities, and REAL parents do. Just sayin!

Watching a NJ child witness her mother turning over a table with her mothers veins popping out of her neck, The OC ladies constantly talking about their sexual escapades, (toys included) the embarrassment of being evicted, not once but twice, bankruptcies, foreclosures, wig pulling, MILF talk, etc is TV at it''s finest. The parents may land on their feet (barely) but their kids don't.

I hope I am not perceived as one trying to take away the "fun" or "snark" factor here since there are some really funny scenes in all the franchises thus far - I do watch most of them. I'm simply stating some facts about the children that I think should be taken into consideration while talking about their maniacle parents and their stupidity after watching them try so hard to convince us they are such great parents.
    Last edited by Oompaloopa; 08-19-2010 at 09:03 PM.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

FORT Fogey

No, I think it's absolutely legitimate to bring up those issues. I don't think that you can say that being on reality tv can cause a kid to have drug problems and such like Josh, but I think it does raise questions as to what kind of parent puts a kid with those kind of problems on tv?

I think it's different for like, babies like Bryn, Nicholas, and Audrianna because what can they do really? They can't embarrass themselves cuz they're infants. Maybe I'm just saying that because I enjoy getting a shot of pure unadulterated cute every once in a while.

I think if you know your kids are well-adjusted enough to at least behave themselves on camera, or they're just going to be in a few scenes (i.e. CJ, most of the Atlanta and New York kids) and they're old enough to know what they're getting into, it's whatever (i.e. the Manzo kids) but if they can't control themselves (Ashley), they're going to be part of your storyline (Lynne's daughters, the Guidice kids) it's terribly unfair to them.

To be fair, Teresa sent her kids out of the room, as did Jacqueline and Dina as soon as the book was brought out.

FORT Fogey

I'm simply stating some facts about the children that I think should be taken into consideration while talking about their maniacle parents and their stupidity after watching them try so hard to convince us they are such great parents

What Bravo does to children is appalling.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4043178;

What Bravo does to children is appalling.

I thought Albie's law school idiocies and Chris's strip-club car wash antics were absolutely part of their story lines, and as such are fair game for comment. I don't think either have been served by their time on television. Well, except for Chris, who has been added to the Anglo-Am hall of appreciation, along with Slade and Shane. But that's not exactly company I'd like to keep.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"I brought this up a zillion posts ago, saying that I considered it a form of child abuse, and was roundly criticized. But big deal."
    Same here Bredincaptivity. I too posted many moons ago how the exploitation of kids was bordering on child abuse beginning S-2 of the OC franchise and was criticized. But now, and for the most part, since more shows have been added with the drama going balistic, IMO, a lot more people are commenting on it too.

The DC parents, IMO, will prove to be no different. But what does Bravo care? They just keep lining their pockets and Andy Cohen keeps on grinning while sipping on his whiskey. Speaking of...what the heck is Michelle drinking? That woman and her loser husband are completely delusional and totally JACKED UP! It's a good thing they didn't drag any kids along for the ride. OH, how I wish Michelle would get those upper lip lines filled in. That sight alone just might be the thing that ends this show for me. I don't hear what she is saying since I am so mesmorized by her mouth.

Out of all the DC couples, the Salahi's make my skin crawl.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4042930;
    I don't like all the racist drama that they're trying to stir up bet. Stacie and Cat.
    Neither woman is looking too good in this plotline.
    I was going to add that I, too, disliked the racist drama that's seems to be prevalent in each episode so far and then had a thought that maybe that's just what Bravo intends to do since it will annoy so many of us.
    That and bringing in the political aspect too... All things guaranteed to cause a buzz, good or bad.

On another point, I really didn't understand Cat complaining to her husband how overworked and sleep deprived she was while he was working out of town. Seemed a bit one sided and unfair. To me, she "chose" to have children, who are 24/7 job, (and they're not his children) and she "chose" to write a book and be dangerously close to not meeting a deadline, which has to do her time management.
    Was she just looking for sympathy or blaming him for not being around to help her?
    I'm confused.

FORT Fogey

I didn't even watch it last night. Not sure if I care enough to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4043706;
    I didn't even watch it last night. Not sure if I care enough to catch up.
    Believe me you are not missing anything on this one. The Salahi's are joined at the hip. Does Michaele ever do anything or go anywhere without her publicity ho of a husband? The racial drama is annoying to me too.

+ Reply to Thread