+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerMadison;4036606;
    Stacie seems a bit prematurely defensive. Some people are just rude and opinionated, it doesn't mean they're racist. Honestly I think Kat is a classist more than anything, yet I don't see why since I don't know what HER claim to fame is.

I thought the dinner and Aunt Francis' house was nice. They probably should have done it at Stacie's house but perhaps she felt like her aunts place was a bit more warm and "homey" feeling.
    Too lazy to cook, too cheap to hire a caterer, more like.

That discussion between the men and Rick downstairs was awkward and sooo staged.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4036501;
    Lynda must wield a lot of power in DC as Paul said - you don't want to get her mad at you!
    Did you see what she did to a local journalist/blogger?

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4042356;
    Why do people hate Lauri so much?
    Just like the Salahi's, and other men/women on the various franchises that portray that sickening "I'm so innocent and wonderful" persona, when they are either flat out lying or throw their minor children under the bus while trying to (and some succeeding) to take advantage of the "opportunities" that reality TV can offer. IMO, both Lauri and George are off the charts in their “No Limits” charade. You can throw Ashley in this mix as well. She could give a rats behind when it comes to her step-siblings as she herself is trying to climb the ladder to reality show success.

I wished I could say how shocked and amazed I am at the lengths all the franchise TWITS will do for their obsession for notoriety. As a result, most, if not all the kids on these shows are messed up - emotionally traumatized, some even rumored to being physically abused.

"The Peterson Project" described by Lauri in terms of the 7 Brady's, in what I believe is one of several hints at their coming back on the show speaks volumes in terms of the emotional aspect of the Brady's who, IMO will once again be "used" by Lauri and George!! One can only hope there are counselors standing by, if indeed, the Petersons return. That can be said for all the Housewives children, now more than ever.

How often do we see REAL celebrities parading their kids around to promote their careers? Most go out of their way to keep their children away from the spotlight until which time they are emotionally capable to handle the pressure that inevitably comes with this cut-throat industry.

IIRC - the casting calls for the Housewives encourage people to apply who have children. IMO, everyone's palms are greased by the exploitation of the children on these type shows. Now we have DC and BH that bring another group of children into the mix. Isn't Kelsey Grammer in court trying to keep his kids off the BH franchise? George's ex wife was successful keeping her children off S-3 after winning an argument in court. As a result, all the Peterson's minor children's faces were blurred, even during the infamous wedding scenes. Later on that same year George and Lauri found a way to circumvent that “order” by hiring a different media source outside Evolution Films and Bravo to ensure the Peterson children were featured, full-faced, in the wedding video that still circles the Internet. That's just one issue. Is it any wonder George was labeled a "Bully" by an OC columnist? Any wonder why Lauri is so loathed by so many viewers after she proved her social life was more important than her kids?

Oh, the lengths people will go to in all the Housewives franchises in order to stomp on whomever might get in their way to participate on a trashy television show. Too many kids will pay a mighty price for their parents idiotic selfish interests. :nono Just my opinion.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4037160;
    I just read a delightfully snarky blog in "The Washington Post" (sorry I don't know how to post a link). It confirmed my suspicions that the estate used for the women to play polo is NOT that of the Salahis. It was borrowed for the shoot; they live in a much more modest house since the family wine business (Oasis Vineyards) went bankrupt. That's why they served beer instead of wine; there is not much wine left.

According to wikipedia, Cat's husband (or should I say former husband?) works for Newsweek. Maybe he worked for Obama during the campaign but apparently not now.
    All the vines are reportedly dead. However! I can go out there and verify it by and by. That woman and her lawsuit happy hubby didn't put it in bankruptcy, they put it into 'protection.' (Like a giant condom over the whole thing or one rolled over each grape?)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bahurupiya;4038202;
    She may have - there have always been lots of events there, held in various places, but for me, that is just part of the fun!

Lovely post!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4039065;
    I think it's interesting that Mary is Arthur Godfrey's granddaughter.
    Not to me. She's not relevant to him in any way. He may have been interesting but that wouldn't stop him from having a dull child and an even drearier grandchild.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;4042686;
    Just like the Salahi's, and other men/women on the various franchises that portray that sickening "I'm so innocent and wonderful" persona, when they are either flat out lying or throw their minor children under the bus while trying to (and some succeeding) to take advantage of the "opportunities" that reality TV can offer.
    In addition to all that, Whorie got rich, after making sure we all knew that she wouldn't marry a man beneath her fiscal standards, and pretty much dumped her friends, the ones who saw her through her fall from grace and wealth the first time. She seems to have no compassion for anyone else and it really rankles when she has none for her own children.

The kids on RHODC do seem to be being kept off the show a bit, Catwoman parades her little American-wannabees from time to time, the strange assortment of Lynda's progeny (don't they all look like the sons and daughters of one mother but many fathers?) haven't said much and all Lolly (?) has been shown to do is avoid her dog's crap and get lectured by semi-random imported Brits at a restaurant I can't find on google.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4042678;
    Too lazy to cook, too cheap to hire a caterer, more like.
    That discussion between the men and Rick downstairs was awkward and sooo staged.
    You're probably right.
    "...feelings are so 1979..."
    -classic

FORT Fogey

Just like the Salahi's, and other men/women on the various franchises that portray that sickening "I'm so innocent and wonderful" persona, when they are either flat out lying or throw their minor children under the bus while trying to (and some succeeding) to take advantage of the "opportunities" that reality TV can offer.
    How did she throw her child under the bus? In my opinion, no one should have their children on. What you've described above could be applied to any housewife who has her child on TV from Bethenny's Bryn to Vicki's Michael. I'm not sure that Josh would have stopped being a drug-addled criminal if his mother never appeared on TV.

I don't like all the racist drama that they're trying to stir up bet. Stacie and Cat.
    Neither woman is looking too good in this plotline.

Does anyone know if Cat had facial surgery just prior to the filming of the show? Her face is kind of looking different from week to week. And, it seems like she's having difficulty moving her mouth.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread