+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Wow okay I was kidding... I guess I thought that was apparent but didn't come off that way. For your information, I have spent a lot of time in New Jersey, have many many relatives in New Jersey - some of whom are like the NJ ladies and some who aren't. By the way, if I had to spend time with any of these groups of women, it'd be the Jersey Girls in a heartbeat. They are good mothers, deep down they're good people, they're good friends to each other mostly. Plus they're just fun. They're real, not overly catty and not fake.

But, FYI, the Jersey Shore, at least in the clubs and such, is pretty true to the show. Not that it should represent the entire state.

I do, however, think that the Jersey women are collectively the wealthiest. It seems like the Atlanta women are always having one house or another foreclosed on, and the economy seems to have REALLY hit the OC ladies. Interestingly enough, the New York ladies were probably generally the least wealthy as a group. I say that only because Bethenny didn't really have much money at the beginning, as she's starting her own business. Simon and Alex certainly aren't uberwealthy.

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar
    East of Reality

I think I am taking a vacation from this franchise for this group. You messed up with this group Bravo.

Per this article it is set to premiere Aug 5.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/15/wh...al-housewives/

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3867954;
    I think I am taking a vacation from this franchise for this group. You messed up with this group Bravo.
    Me too. Each new one gets worse than the one before. I don't think I'm even going to tune into Atlanta. It's as though the women watch the show in the other cities and then make the subconscious or, hell, maybe even the conscious decision to be more insane than the last one was. It just results in more contrivance.

I would watch a whole show just on Sonja. She's the best, but it's her first season. I really hope she doesn't pull some kind of Linda Blair head-spinning trick over the summer and transform into One of Them. Already concerned about the DUI. Thought she had better judgment than that. I know she's a little, not so much name-droppy, but status droppy, I guess. That just gives her a little more snark appeal. Nothing wrong with that. She reminds me of a doddering uncle who occasionally hands you a 20 dollar bill for no reason.

Reliable Source - Meet the so-called "Real Housewives of D.C." (photos)

Why those gate crashers on this show I will never know.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3934796;

Pitiful, think I might bow out also, but knowing me, I'll take a peek.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

I'd like to think I will stay away, but insatiable curiosity will have me tuning in to see what it's all about.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3934796;

Yes, this is true. I want to watch, but I don't want anything to do with the gate crashing phonies. What's a girl to do? LOL

The Salahi's gate crashing along with Bravo's help, has cost more that one person's livelihood. In this economy I hope that the Secret Service folks who lost their jobs, were able to find employment. I loathe that Bravo makes some of these women feel "entitled" by their so called "fame" to produce book's, songs, and sex tapes. I suppose there is a reason why Bravo is called the "Donner Channel".

+ Reply to Thread