+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

I haven't even watched the regular season of that show since the first half of Jillian Harris' season. They ruined that show. The best one I've seen of that genre of dating show is Outback Jack on TBS. They did it right.

FORT Fan

The Salahis were profiled on REAL Sports with Bryant Gumbel on HBO last night. Watch the rerun if you can. Mostly focusing on the Polo Cup and their shenanigans, but they did get some awesome footage where they brought them out to the mall with the White House behind them and asked, "Were you invited to the dinner?" and it's the first time I've ever seen Michaele run from a camera. And they also showed part of their Congressional testimony, where Tarp would not even admit under oath that he was present. They showed their real house -- it's an extremely modest tract home, probably not more than a couple thousand square feet.

It was hysterical, but in the end Bernie Goldberg, who did the piece, said he thought they were charming and in some way naive. I think they must wear a special kind of cologne made of pheromones and methamphetamine. Whatever charm they have doesn't come through the TV screen.
    Last edited by Bredincaptivity; 08-18-2010 at 11:34 AM.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

As hard as I might try, I just can not watch this show. I can not even tolerate watching the commercials.

Let's be honest here, with any other franchise of this series, taking account of only the first season people, how many of you knew who ANY of these women were before their show began? I had no clue who Lauri Waring or Bethenny Frankel were prior to this show.

The Salahi's had their PR team in place way before 1 scene was even filmed. They are phoney & fake and I can't tolerate them or this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;4041374;

It was hysterical, but in the end Bernie Goldberg, who did the piece, said he thought they were charming and in some way naive. I think they must wear a special kind of cologne made of pheromones and methamphetamine. Whatever charm they have doesn't come through the TV screen.
    Funny! It's either that or some kind of Vulcan mind control. They're just plain creepy (especially him). Something about him reminds me of the actor that played Grandpa Munster (Al Lewis)!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4041410;
    As hard as I might try, I just can not watch this show. I can not even tolerate watching the commercials.

Let's be honest here, with any other franchise of this series, taking account of only the first season people, how many of you knew who ANY of these women were before their show began? I had no clue who Lauri Waring or Bethenny Frankel were prior to this show.

The Salahi's had their PR team in place way before 1 scene was even filmed. They are phoney & fake and I can't tolerate them or this series.
    Unless Lauri Waring does indeed plaster her face on the screen, she will continue to be a nobody since leaving the show, that is, of course, if her son stays out of trouble and her daughter, Ashley's alcholism doesn't make the rounds in the media. Bethenny, whether she is liked or not worked her way to her new success, she didn't crash a party to get recognized.

Wonder how much more cement Lauri had pumped into her lips for her grand entrance. Let's see if they even move this time around. Salahi needs to borrow some of that special cement of Lauri's to fill in her smoker's lines.
    Last edited by Oompaloopa; 08-18-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;4039454;
    I watched the first 15 minutes of the opening show. That was all I could take!
    You watched more than me!

I can barely get through the commercials...and if the remote is near me....I quickly put on anything else.

Bravo should pull the rest of the episodes and show re-runs of the first seasons of the other wives.

FORT Fogey

Why do people hate Lauri so much?

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4042356;
    Oh I don't hate Lauri, I just used her name as an example & she was one of the first housewives is all. Really, until this show started Lauri Waring was a totally unknown person. So was Bethenny & just about everybody else when these shows first premired. The Salahi's were known to a national audience BEFORE their show was even mentioned as being possible.

FORT Fogey

Ah, sorry. Didn't mean to single you out.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4042356;
    I don't hate her either. One of the reasons that people don't like her is because of her putting her son, Josh, on TV when he was having drug problems. He has been in and out of jail, on different charges, for years. They feel that she was a terrible mom who was more concerned about being on a reality show than taking care of her kid (she has two others, Ashley who is older and a younger girl). I don't think that she was so bad. The kid is bad and has given her nothing but grief. He's still in jail (wait, he may be out now) and she's going to be on another show. People think that she should be JUST taking care of Josh and forget about being a celebrity. My opinion, he's 21 and doesn't have to be on the show if he doesn't want to. If he can't behave, cut him off. Some just don't like her frozen (too much botox) plumped up (lips) "horse face". I have to agree on those things but I still liked her story line on OC. I'll watch a show with her!

+ Reply to Thread