+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

I'm an Obama cheerleader (supporter) and you can count me out, as one that thinks a non-supporter is a racist. It's not in all of our minds, as well as a non Bush supporter would I want to be considered racist.

Anyway, haven't watched the show, and from what I've read not missing anything.

P.S. Not blasting anyone, not my nature!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fan

Cat came to Aunt Whoever's house carrying a bottle of wine. Almost immediately upon entering the house, she makes a point of asking for a drink. There is an awkward silence, then an OK. When she smells the bottle, it looks like the one she carried in. Then she takes a drink of wine and complains that it's gone bad. Everybody gets upset at her rudeness. Something's fishy here. Did Auntie take her bottle and give her something else?
    Last edited by Bredincaptivity; 08-13-2010 at 04:28 PM.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

FORT Fogey

Oh, that is interesting.

I was upset with Stacie last night for her comments about Cat being "racist." Stacie seemed like one of the smarter ones in this franchise, so i guess I'm disappointed in her.
    What was up with the men having the conversation about PD? That seemed totally staged.
    Paul is DC's answer to Dwight, I guess. I wonder if he'll look back on this later, though, and regret having chosen to be on the show?

How funny was it when Michaele said "people think I'm in my 30's....."
    And then she said she was 44. I would never have thought she was in her 30's..... I find it hard to believe she's in her 40's, even.

Lynda must wield a lot of power in DC as Paul said - you don't want to get her mad at you!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

Stacie seems a bit prematurely defensive. Some people are just rude and opinionated, it doesn't mean they're racist. Honestly I think Kat is a classist more than anything, yet I don't see why since I don't know what HER claim to fame is.

I thought the dinner and Aunt Francis' house was nice. They probably should have done it at Stacie's house but perhaps she felt like her aunts place was a bit more warm and "homey" feeling.
    "...feelings are so 1979..."
    -classic

FORT Fogey

The way the dinner was edited it's impossible to see how things really played out. Oftentimes, voice-overs are recorded at a different time in response to a different set of circumstances then used with another scene entirely.

Stacie was probably instructed to hold the dinner at aunt Francie's house, as there'd be more drama that way.
    I thought that the food there - esp. the chicken and the cobbler - lookted terrific.
    I love big family dinners like that.
    I agree that Cat is not racist - she seems more into into classes in society.

Tareq - Michaele's husband - reminds me of that kid we all had in our class at elem. school. He was the one who halways had that silly smirk on his face.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Coupla' thoughts here - I think CatWoman is all about perceived position, class, and money. She'd kiss a goat if she thought it would buy her Access To Power .

The Salahi woman with straw hair (Mike?)- she's gotta be at least age 50; she just has an underdeveloped sense of propriety and an eight-year-old's thinking pattern. Gigglers can be fun, but screechers ruin any gathering.

The short-haired African American woman- she's very race sensitive, but I'm guessing she's had her fill of it, this country being what it is. I used to live in the bible belt and the racism there was, um, ungodly.

Mary, the Camelot Playtime Girl- her reach exceeds her grasp, and Bravo will have one hale of a time leading her down the garden path. It won't be pretty.

I missed someone, aren't there five of these pretenders?
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4036763;
    Coupla' thoughts here - I think CatWoman is all about perceived position, class, and money. She'd kiss a goat if she thought it would buy her Access To Power .

The Salahi woman with straw hair (Mike?)- she's gotta be at least age 50; she just has an underdeveloped sense of propriety and an eight-year-old's thinking pattern. Gigglers can be fun, but screechers ruin any gathering.

The short-haired African American woman- she's very race sensitive, but I'm guessing she's had her fill of it, this country being what it is. I used to live in the bible belt and the racism there was, um, ungodly.

Mary, the Camelot Playtime Girl- her reach exceeds her grasp, and Bravo will have one hale of a time leading her down the garden path. It won't be pretty.

I missed someone, aren't there five of these pretenders?
    You forgot Linda (Lynda?). I'm dying to know what your take is on the "biggest model agency in DC," Goat Rodeo, Ebong-loving lizard. She seems confused in her role.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4036626;
    Tareq - Michaele's husband - reminds me of that kid we all had in our class at elem. school. He was the one who halways had that silly smirk on his face.
    and the one always in trouble!!

+ Reply to Thread