+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

The aimless drama all started with Atlanta, when they had another group of duds. No one in Atlanta was really interesting enough to carry the show off without fighting all the time. New Jersey often gets a bad rap for starting the drama, but the table flip was really the worst of it, certainly the beginning of the season was almost a return to the original days of NYC.

FORT Fanatic

For me, the drama started with OC, the back and forth with Taaammmra and Gretchen, the add Vicki to the mix (ugh). The NJ, enough said, then ATL, with NoNo and Kim, then add Shehe and the party planner. I don't follow Ny enough to comment.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Looks like the Salahis were served papers at their premiere party.

DC Housewife Michaele Salahi & Husband Tareq Served With New Lawsuit | RadarOnline.com

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4029699;
    The aimless drama all started with Atlanta, when they had another group of duds. No one in Atlanta was really interesting enough to carry the show off without fighting all the time. New Jersey often gets a bad rap for starting the drama, but the table flip was really the worst of it, certainly the beginning of the season was almost a return to the original days of NYC.
    I agree. I like RHOOC because it's so lovely and sunny and has such huge vistas, inside and outside their cranial spaces. And Slade. It has Slade.

I like RHONYC because the ladies are or try to be accomplished, yes, even Jill Zarin 'did things' for charity.

I like RHONJ because the ladies are just so outlandish. I mean sometimes I have to check the little station ident on the right bottom of the screen to see that I'm not watching "RuPaul's Drag Race" when RHONJ is on.

RHOA and RHODC seem ... drab. Like dime-store imitations. MAAAAYBE Kandy could carry a reality show about the music industry but that'd be about it.

It's early days yet for DC but honestly can you imagine being locked in a room with these people (although it if were that one woman she might be as good at busting out as she is busting in). What would you talk about?

"I'm a pimp, I call them 'models' but...who needs models in DC? I have a big black boyfriend. Do I shock you darling? Aren't I terribly avant-garde? I love Michaela, but I hate her too. I love my life, but I hate it too. I haven't eaten since 1943 on my fiftieth birthday, but scrawny Mike's the anorexic one, not me."

"I sell real estate. And I got a picture taken with Obama years ago. I sell real estate. And here I am with Obama. I sell houses. And look! Obama. What? Oh, you work in ... um.... I sell big pretty houses and met Obama. I want to have Obama and Janet Jackson's love child. Except ... I did, back in 1953. Whaddaya mean you don't believe me? Mommy said I was special with my houses and photos of whomever is President at the moment."

"I'm somebody's irrelevant grandaughter. My hubby and I have separate beds but the same boyfriends. Isn't that charming? If I think about that too long, it makes me SAD and I stop SMILING so I drink a LOT and integrate SALONS. Just because we have different hair doesn't mean we can't share groomers with SCHNAUZERS. Women and Weimaraners should be clipped together! My glass is NEARLY EMPTY DAMMIT! Ricki stop pawing the waiter and sashay your pink-slacked ass over here and get to pouring the wine!"

"I'm a gate cr...whee! whoppee! oh, look somebody else to hug! People have a tough time saying 'no' to me. I have a tough time understanding them. Wheee! Hehehehe I haven't slept since 1943! Sometimes say understand mean what I don't they?! I can't spea fa nuf! Woah-hooo-peee!"

"I'm British and better than EVERYONE except you! Except, I'm better than you too. Why don't you want to be my friend? Why? Is it because I'm better than you? But it's just the truth, dahling. I have depths of superiority that none have plumbed yet. Certainly not my uninterested pasty-faced husband. He's not plumbed any of my depths since 1943, and it's 8:15 now. I hide my bitterness well, don't you think? Where are you going? Come back!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4029766;
    Looks like the Salahis were served papers at their premiere party.

DC Housewife Michaele Salahi & Husband Tareq Served With New Lawsuit | RadarOnline.com
    I just hope that they've not had children to mortify with their antics.

Loved Lynda Erkiletian's dismissal of Salahi's polo gig, saying it was "...that little goat rodeo". This much we know: Lynda and her, ahem, "top modeling agency" are on the short list for Bravo to shred her to ribbons w/o mercy. How can she not see this coming?

And CatWoman's "famous" photographer husband, Charles Ommanney ?, does he think he's getting more Biden shoots any time soon? Bravo sure knows how to set up these egomaniacs!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4030858;
    I agree. I like RHOOC because it's so lovely and sunny and has such huge vistas, inside and outside their cranial spaces. And Slade. It has Slade.

I like RHONYC because the ladies are or try to be accomplished, yes, even Jill Zarin 'did things' for charity.

I like RHONJ because the ladies are just so outlandish. I mean sometimes I have to check the little station ident on the right bottom of the screen to see that I'm not watching "RuPaul's Drag Race" when RHONJ is on.

RHOA and RHODC seem ... drab. Like dime-store imitations. MAAAAYBE Kandy could carry a reality show about the music industry but that'd be about it.

It's early days yet for DC but honestly can you imagine being locked in a room with these people (although it if were that one woman she might be as good at busting out as she is busting in). What would you talk about?

"I'm a pimp, I call them 'models' but...who needs models in DC? I have a big black boyfriend. Do I shock you darling? Aren't I terribly avant-garde? I love Michaela, but I hate her too. I love my life, but I hate it too. I haven't eaten since 1943 on my fiftieth birthday, but scrawny Mike's the anorexic one, not me."

"I sell real estate. And I got a picture taken with Obama years ago. I sell real estate. And here I am with Obama. I sell houses. And look! Obama. What? Oh, you work in ... um.... I sell big pretty houses and met Obama. I want to have Obama and Janet Jackson's love child. Except ... I did, back in 1953. Whaddaya mean you don't believe me? Mommy said I was special with my houses and photos of whomever is President at the moment."

"I'm somebody's irrelevant grandaughter. My hubby and I have separate beds but the same boyfriends. Isn't that charming? If I think about that too long, it makes me SAD and I stop SMILING so I drink a LOT and integrate SALONS. Just because we have different hair doesn't mean we can't share groomers with SCHNAUZERS. Women and Weimaraners should be clipped together! My glass is NEARLY EMPTY DAMMIT! Ricki stop pawing the waiter and sashay your pink-slacked ass over here and get to pouring the wine!"

"I'm a gate cr...whee! whoppee! oh, look somebody else to hug! People have a tough time saying 'no' to me. I have a tough time understanding them. Wheee! Hehehehe I haven't slept since 1943! Sometimes say understand mean what I don't they?! I can't spea fa nuf! Woah-hooo-peee!"

"I'm British and better than EVERYONE except you! Except, I'm better than you too. Why don't you want to be my friend? Why? Is it because I'm better than you? But it's just the truth, dahling. I have depths of superiority that none have plumbed yet. Certainly not my uninterested pasty-faced husband. He's not plumbed any of my depths since 1943, and it's 8:15 now. I hide my bitterness well, don't you think? Where are you going? Come back!"
    I just love your posts! you have such great insight to these people.
    It's exactly what I would have said if I had your talent.

Is it my imagination or are we losing snarkers here? Used to be, in the good old days, we'd have many many FORT posters all over the place, now we're down to a precious few diehards!! Has the Bravo franchise run its course already?

Don't get me wrong, I love love love reading what everyone thinks, and it's always my comic relief for the day, seeing so many people say what I'm thinking... and more!
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4032536;
    Is it my imagination or are we losing snarkers here? Used to be, in the good old days, we'd have many many FORT posters all over the place, now we're down to a precious few diehards!! Has the Bravo franchise run its course already?

Don't get me wrong, I love love love reading what everyone thinks, and it's always my comic relief for the day, seeing so many people say what I'm thinking... and more!
    Ha! Maybe some of the fans have actually followed through on their threats and stopped watching! I know that I don't watch them the same way that I did a couple of years ago. I do other things while they're on and go in and watch if (and that's a big if) anything interesting happens. With DC I had to change the channel. If I miss any of these shows it will be DC. As much as I've enjoyed these shows I have to think that it will be a better world when these women are not on TV anymore!

Tvaholic - yep, a coupla' days go by, jest u & me here! RHs some of the few shows I watch & I've seen every epi since the first RHOC. That's sick, but I got hooked early. Used to be I'd have pages of posts to entertain me. Darn, bring on the gool ole' days!!
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

+ Reply to Thread