+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Will it be easier if I tell you there's really nothing that interesting about them? They're not as morally bankrupt as some of the OC ladies, and love them or hate them, the NJ and NY ladies are characters, and they give some pretty great one-liners. This is like Atlanta, just classier. It doesn't really work.

Yes, DC wives are even more trashier-trash-TV, if that's possible. Bottom line: All the wives of all the cities are there to provide us with entertainment. And, I, for one, am entertained. I think it helps to be of an advanced age (as myself) and just sit back and remember when you were younger and you watched various peers throughout your life who acted in the same way. Always wanting more...more $, more beauty, more status, etc and what they would do to get what they want. It's no wonder they're never without their wine glass.
    It's so nice to be past all that, knowing what's important in life and what is just show.

Although I must admit a little envy for that closet lock Mary had. When my daughter was a teen, she drove me nuts borrowing (stealing!) my clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4027206;
    No I actually didn't watch it at all. I actually spent the hour watching a very old episode of Top Gear with my son.
    I am so proud of my self for resisting the temptation
    I can't believe I made it a point NOT to watch the first episode. I simply can't take it anymore..............RHONJ got on my last nerve -- Theresa, Ashley -- all of them. I just lost all my strength.

I didn't want to lose touch with all my "buds" so am going to read everyone's comments and see how it goes.

I just have no interest in watching this bunch, particularly the Salahis....they're despicable.

Bravo was one of my favorite channels, but it's really gone downhill. Thank God the Project Runway bunch are now outta there. Would hate to see Tim Gunn having to interact with all those misfits.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

FORT Fanatic

I gave up on Housewives of New Jersey and Atlanta after about 20 minutes each. For some crazy reason, I was expecting more from the D.C. version - probably because I work in D.C.

I cannot stand the Salahis. Ever since the White House thing, their names and faces have been plastered in The Wash. Post, local news, etc. all over the place. Hopefully on future episodes they will show them being taken into court for owing money to people. Last fall a guy took Mr. Salahi to court in Loudoun County (about 20 miles away in Virginia) for an unpaid bill. Salahi made a big show of giving him his fancy wrist watch. Turned out it didn't work. A Post reporter tried a bottle of their wine and thought it was awful. I don't think the vineyard is being maintained at all right now - they went bankrupt. Their web site is 'under construction.'

Mr. Salahi doesn't speak to some of his family members because of the vineyard finances. The show had a brief shot of the vineyard and then a large house, which gave you the impression they live there. They do not. They live elsewhere - in a much more modest place.

But where do they get the money to stay at fancy hotels, etc? How would it help a hotel's reputation to brag they give free rooms to these people? They are being written up in papers constantly as people who don't pay their bills.

FORT Fogey

Just goes to show the kind of desperate people who gravitate towards reality TV and vice versa.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4027771;
    Stay strong!! We who are trying to resist need to support each other. We need to band together to send those Salahis and Bravo a message. I'm trying and so far I've been successful in avoiding watching, but I need everyone's support to stay away.
    Would it help if I said I am finding it hard to care about these women, either in a nice loving way or in an appalled train-wreck gawker way? i mean they're ... boring. Meh. I may not be a regular spectator.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4028229;
    Will it be easier if I tell you there's really nothing that interesting about them? They're not as morally bankrupt as some of the OC ladies, and love them or hate them, the NJ and NY ladies are characters, and they give some pretty great one-liners. This is like Atlanta, just classier. It doesn't really work.
    I agree. Rather ho-hum.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4027099;
    Yes! Thanks for bringing it up. Judging from her rough voice, I would say probably from years of smoking!
    OMG- That was my experience too. Why doesn't she have those lines filled in with botox? Yep, its the dreaded smoker lines, that's for sure.

What I don't understand, and I hope I am not duplicating here but why do these people resort to name-dropping if they really run in the same social circles - I mean like for real? It's like some of the Houswives on Twitter who claim to have all these thousands of people following them but when you look to see who the followers are, rarely, if ever, do you find an A-Listed celebrity. Yet, the Housewives are kissing butt on all the A-Listers pages.

Here is my take - they all sit on a toilet and wipe their butts like everyone else....At least, I hope that's the case!
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

FORT Fogey

I wonder if, during filming, Bravo realized they had a bunch of duds, and that's partly what led to the White House infiltration? Assuming that they were involved in making that happen rather than just filming it.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4029166;
    I wonder if, during filming, Bravo realized they had a bunch of duds, and that's partly what led to the White House infiltration? Assuming that they were involved in making that happen rather than just filming it.
    I wouldn't put anything past Bravo or their choice of the people cast on the show.

I wasn't shocked in the least to see all the Obama photos Bravo used and the clip showing the woman who worked at the White House (I think I am saying this correctly - just wasn't all that into it)

I really think Bravo has overcooked the HOUSEWIVES. They should have stopped while they were getting decent ratings and NEVER introduced the cat fights and immature behavior of late.

As for me, late night TV is to drain my brain from the daily grind, not get my blood boiling after listening to what should be, grown women acting like grade school girls. These peope are MESSED UP!!
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

+ Reply to Thread