+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of D.C.

Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.

I am doing the happy dance because I didn't waste my time watching this!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4027085;
    "Oh, you lobbied at the state level?" People will find anything to outdo someone, won't they?
    If you have to tell a lobbyist you're a lobbyist, you're probably not all that successful. Like telling people you're an actor - because they've never heard of you.

If you have to tell the public, you're probably desperate. Because all that gets done quitely, away from the cameras.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4027187;
    Is that meta-snarking? Snarking of a new, hitherto unknown refinement?

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4027191;
    Is that meta-snarking? Snarking of a new, hitherto unknown refinement?
    No I actually didn't watch it at all. I actually spent the hour watching a very old episode of Top Gear with my son.
    I am so proud of my self for resisting the temptation

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4027206;
    No I actually didn't watch it at all. I actually spent the hour watching a very old episode of Top Gear with my son.
    I am so proud of my self for resisting the temptation
    Where's the smilie for 'hangs head in shame?'

But I plead this : so few entertainment shows/films are set in DC. This is a new experience for us - I grew up wondering why DC looked so much like LA. I remember Scarecrow and Mrs. King - opened with a few file shots of the Mall and capitol building, and then everything was San Fernando. They even would talk about going to "Silver Springs Airport."

1) There's only one Silver Spring.

2) There's no airport in Silver Spring.

(That I know of - there are secret installations all over, I do know that.)

In "No Way Out" they somehow went to a Georgetown Metro station that doesn't even exist. They drove to "Annapolis" down a country road...but to get there from the DC I know you go down huge busy US-50* to the biggish town called Annapolis. And curse the traffic at rush hour.

So it's neat to see stuff we know for once. And doesn't Washington scrub up well?

*How many people know that US-50, the John Hanson Highway is (a) named for the first president of the United States and (b) secretly I-595?

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4027221;
    Where's the smilie for 'hangs head in shame?'

But I plead this : so few entertainment shows/films are set in DC. This is a new experience for us - I grew up wondering why DC looked so much like LA. I remember Scarecrow and Mrs. King - opened with a few file shots of the Mall and capitol building, and then everything was San Fernando. They even would talk about going to "Silver Springs Airport."

1) There's only one Silver Spring.

2) There's no airport in Silver Spring.

(That I know of - there are secret installations all over, I do know that.)

In "No Way Out" they somehow went to a Georgetown Metro station that doesn't even exist. They drove to "Annapolis" down a country road...but to get there from the DC I know you go down huge busy US-50* to the biggish town called Annapolis. And curse the traffic at rush hour.

So it's neat to see stuff we know for once. And doesn't Washington scrub up well?

*How many people know that US-50, the John Hanson Highway is (a) named for the first president of the United States and (b) secretly I-595?
    Oh trust me my dear, if the Salahi's weren't on this show I would be snarking alog with the rest of you. I know the DC area well. Both my of my brothers live in the area.
    I'm still on the fence about Beverly Hills. The Kelsey Grammer situation is kind of souring me on the franchise.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4027187;
    Me neither! I refuse to watch the gate crasher, but I'm reading this board seriously!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by Maidstone;4027086;
    Eeek - these ladies are so skeevy.

What is wrong with Mary's face? Has she had too much botox or something? Or just bloat? And she has a lot of older kids for just being in her early 40's. She said something like she and her husband "met, fell in love, married and had kids. Just not in that order."

I believe she met, fell in love and married her bottle of wine.
    And her husband? He's in the closet.

Stacie seems nice and a go getter. Her clothes were a little dated though.

Cat, Cat, Cat. Meow. Don't do what you did last night. New gal in the city - you're not making very many friends. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. And lay off the bourbon and ciggies - your voice sounds atrociously too deep. (She may be a man, baby)

Lynda is gonna be a biatch. She always thinks she's right. Not liking her.

Michaele - trailer trash. Nothing to be said of her. At all.

Again - they are all so skeevy.
    Maid
    Too, too funny.

I thought the same about Mary's face.
    To me, when they showed the pictures of her at a younger age, it was pretty obvious that she'd had plastic surgery, and way too much of it. She does look better than she did, but she does look kind of not quite real as a result.
    As far as the husband, yes, my gaydar totally went up on him, too. I think he's been on the down low for a very loooong time.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I want to stay away from this, really I do, simply because of those awful Salahis. I will succumb, I am sure, after reading these posts for goodness knows how long. There will be that night when the thousandth repeat is on and it's a choice between some infomercial and this, and I'll check it out.

I'm a total reality tv junkie. I'll be the first to ever appear on "Intervention" to kick a reality tv habit. Oh, the irony!
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4027457;
    I want to stay away from this, really I do, simply because of those awful Salahis. I will succumb, I am sure, after reading these posts for goodness knows how long. There will be that night when the thousandth repeat is on and it's a choice between some infomercial and this, and I'll check it out.

I'm a total reality tv junkie. I'll be the first to ever appear on "Intervention" to kick a reality tv habit. Oh, the irony!
    Stay strong!! We who are trying to resist need to support each other. We need to band together to send those Salahis and Bravo a message. I'm trying and so far I've been successful in avoiding watching, but I need everyone's support to stay away.

+ Reply to Thread