+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3006Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;4176868;
    While I agree with this, doing it while enraged on a national tv show watched by millions seems a bit harsh. The way Kyle outed Kim felt vindictive and hateful rather than self-affirming.
    I totally agree! National tv is NOT the place for all this to be taking place, and certainly not what the al anon people have in mind, but continuing to keep it a secret doesn't help anyone. I don't think that Kyle intended to out Kim when she did, and I don't think Kim means to continually be feeling sorry for herself or keep putting the blame on Kyle for her having worked as a child, but neither of them is in a good place with their relationship.

I hope they both get help. I also hope they both stay away from Taylor who obviously likes to stir up trouble and try to make everyone as unhappy as she is.

I actually have to avert my eyes when Taylor is talking. I find her so offensive, inside and out. I do the same with Jill Zarin on NY. Do these women really think we can't see the inside too?

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4176879;
    I taped the reunion last night, but still have not watched it. Read a few recaps online and did see part 1 of the reunion last week.
    I still find Kyle and Taylor the worst of the bunch. They're 2 very mean girls, IMO.
    Haven't been a big fan of Camille's, but at least she did take some responsibility for her actions and agreed that she was insecure.
    I was just thinking the same thing earlier. While I used to think Camille was the worst HW ever, just a smidgen above Danielle (NJ), I have to say she gained a lot of points by owning up to her misdeeds (unlike Taylor).

Did you notice the occasional squinty eyes (not in a nice way) Camille would give Kyle at times, as if to say, "You're no better, b!tch" . That was just the feeling I got.

I couldn't stand throughout the reunion how Kyle sat there with her head back, nose up in the air, so superior. I admit she seemed genuine in her support of Kim at the end, but overall she strikes me as a spoiled mean girl.

Taylor...ugh. She needs to go on a long yacht trip with Jill, Kelly, Danielle, and Tamra.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

While I may not like what Kyle did, she gets a bit of the same pass that you would give Kim. they grew up in the same household with the same mother who helped to establish these roles for them. As has been said many times, they both need help. Kyle comes off as evil because she seems to have it more together than Kim, and is lucky to have a husband that supports her, but in the end she's still a product of the same past and has not dealt fully with all of the issues from the past.

Taylor is just evil and manipulative. She started that fight with Kim, she helped to continue the fight betwen Camille and Kyle, and she tries to take shots at Kim whenever she can. She actually hates that Kim doesn't recoil when she attacks her. She's passive agressive when she can't be outright abusive. That whole entire idiotic jelly bean crap is because she knows if she came at Lisa the wrong way that woman would eat her like the flounder she resembles and spit her right back out. Kim she tries to attack outright, thinking she would shrink away like she does so often with Kyle. What Taylor doesn't accept is that those two are sisters that have a dynamic that doesn't concern her and the way they are with one another may not be the way they are with the rest of the world. She thought that "break some Oklahoma out on you" line was just a real killer and she used it and used it to try and show how much of a "gangsta" she was during the reunion to everyone. Loved the way Andy gave her that fakey slightly amused smile that pretty much said to her "nope, that line is not really working out for you the way you want it to Taylor". She wanted laughs and a pat on the back, she just looked like a dang fool instead.

Then the whole whispering to Kyle about "outing" Kim. Just sitting next to this woman's sister and trying to get her to destroy her on tv. Ugh, she is disgusting. Kyle should have looked her straight in the eye and said "leave it the hell alone". I wish they would have zoomed in on Taylor when Kyle went over and hugged her sister. I'm surprised her head didn't explode when that happened.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama;4177075;
    I was just thinking the same thing earlier. While I used to think Camille was the worst HW ever, just a smidgen above Danielle (NJ), I have to say she gained a lot of points by owning up to her misdeeds (unlike Taylor).

Did you notice the occasional squinty eyes (not in a nice way) Camille would give Kyle at times, as if to say, "You're no better, b!tch" . That was just the feeling I got.

I couldn't stand throughout the reunion how Kyle sat there with her head back, nose up in the air, so superior. I admit she seemed genuine in her support of Kim at the end, but overall she strikes me as a spoiled mean girl.

Taylor...ugh. She needs to go on a long yacht trip with Jill, Kelly, Danielle, and Tamra.
    Dude I would not wish anyone on a yacht trip with Kelly. NEVER.

That being said I found this reunion really boring. Camilla was on serious damage control, Kim doesn't want to admit being a drunky drunk, Taylor lied about everything, and they barely glossed off Allison. This reunion needed less Camilla laughing/poking fun of herself and more table throwing.

Just re-read on a site today a story about Kim's tragic loss of the love her life in 1991 (wasn't it?) to a shooting (hit), and that Kim had to identify the body. I'm sure that's been discussed here, didn't go back and check, but I had to wonder if that kind of a nuclear blast in your life (which might already be on the weak side) might just send you into a major downward spiral.

I considered how I'd have reacted to something like that, and I didn't have a Child-Star-Stage-Mom and wasn't deprived of my childhood as Kim probably was. And while my trauma wasn't that dramatic, I once was addicted to prescription painkillers, a numbing oasis to internal pain. It can happen easily.

Her statements regarding "what she's been through" could refer to that trauma. Failed marriage(s), relationships. A seemingly period of withdrawal and now trying to "come out" and build her life?

I really, really, really, hope she can find herself and pull her life together.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama;4177205;
    Just re-read on a site today a story about Kim's tragic loss of the love her life in 1991 (wasn't it?) to a shooting (hit), and that Kim had to identify the body. I'm sure that's been discussed here, didn't go back and check, but I had to wonder if that kind of a nuclear blast in your life (which might already be on the weak side) might just send you into a major downward spiral.

I considered how I'd have reacted to something like that, and I didn't have a Child-Star-Stage-Mom and wasn't deprived of my childhood as Kim probably was. And while my trauma wasn't that dramatic, I once was addicted to prescription painkillers, a numbing oasis to internal pain. It can happen easily.

Her statements regarding "what she's been through" could refer to that trauma. Failed marriage(s), relationships. A seemingly period of withdrawal and now trying to "come out" and build her life?

Me too, but good for you SugarMama, for your recovery.

There is a video on Bravo where Kim says that she was actually on the phone with her boyfriend at the time he was killed. Plus, two of her childhood actor costars committed suicide. Check it out

According to the story in the link above, little Kathy is supposed to be awful - no better than big Kathy. The whole family is one big drama fest.

I kind of like that Kim has distanced herself from that lifestyle - voluntarily or not. Who knows. She's been around the circle enough times to perhaps have developed a different world view. If she gets sober, she could very well be the sanest one of the bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;4176056;
    I felt sorry for Lisa and Ken. I knew that loser Cedric was a con right from the beginning.
    From the very begining, I have suspected that there was something seriously off there because people just don't allow someone to mooch off of them for over a year. What is lacking in Lisa to allow this? To me, it's obvious Ken allowed it because Lisa wanted it and he loves her a lot. Helping people during hard times as they get back on their feet.... Sure. But not a lazy dude who contributed nothing There are many ways to give back that doesn't involve money.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4176443;
    As the caregiver you become emotionally, physically & fincianally drained to the point where you just don't have anything leftfor those around you who are positives in your life. Those are the people you cling to life a life raft. I think that is why Kyle is close to Taylor. Taylor gets it.
    Why do you say "Taylor gets it?" I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;4176447;
    I think ALL of them have a problem with alcohol. Look at the way they toss it back.
    Yes! They all drink a lot but they come off so morally righteous like they are better than Kim just because they have fewer drinks then her. Who are they to judge her? Especially since all of them exhibit deficient judgement, given the plastic-zied look of their faces and bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4176673;
    Damn! That skanky Shauna/Taylor! I understand she has an awful life herself,
    Personally, I doubt Taylor's "awful life." We only have her word that it was terrible. In my experience, the people who have endured really horrible life experiences are the ones who rarely play the victim card. And if Taylor had dealt with terrible abuse (of any kind) you'd think it would make her a more a tolerant and kinder person, knowing suffering personally, especially threatening someone with physical abuse ("going Oklahoma on you") if that's what you experienced. Which I honestly doubt.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 02-03-2011 at 02:28 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama;4177205;

Don't forget that Kim was also the middle daughter growing up. In a family where the mother was apparently pushing beauty and acting and being a child star, I would imagine that the middle child syndrome had to be really really bad. Kathy is the older daughter who does everything so wonderfully, Kyle is the sweet cute little baby, and there's Kim trying as hard as she can, and being totally ignoed for it.

I fell asleep and missed part 2 of the reunion, I hope it wasn't a Kyle/Taylor assault on Kim. I would really like Taylor to mind her own business and not try to come between sisters.

+ Reply to Thread