+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 498 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Like Tree2981Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;4176056;
    Kim wouldn't talk about her 'problem' but I understood. She seemed to be in alot of pain and I was happy to see her and Kyle getting along better. I hope Kim gets help and is Ok because I think she is basically a good person. Kyle was on Ellen the other day and said she didn't think Kim would be back for season two.I felt sorry for Lisa and Ken. I knew that loser Cedric was a con right from the beginning. There's no way he will be an actor. He's already ruined his reputation by talking smack about Lisa and Ken, no one will take him seriously.
    I loved Adrienne and Paul. Our friends call me and my husband the Bickersons so I could relate to this couple. I wish I was as rich as them though!
    Well, I loved this season and hope all the ladies come back for season two!

I hope she's right. For me it's too painful to watch her - she's so sad, vulnerable and lonely. I hope she is getting the help she needs and then comes back when she is more equipped to fight back. That Taylor is a wicked witch. She knows Kim can't/won't fight back so she keeps picking on her. To me she is the ultimate bully. And what was with her lips on the reunion?? She looked worse than ever!

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4175906;
    ...Although I'll still stick to my theory that Kim adds pharmeceutical meds to her alcohol intake which fits a lot of how Kim acts and reponds.
    I would agree with you on that. We've not seen her "sloppy drunk" or aggressive. She strikes me as someone who wants to just numb the pain, and certain prescription drugs will do that just fine. Coupled with alcohol, that degree of numbing fits with her not wanting to confront problems (any of them!).

I'm not condoning alcoholism nor am I saying that it's ok to drink a lot. I just believe that Taylor was labeling Kim and in doing so, she deflected any blame on her part.
    Oh I so agree with that statement! Kim was Taylor's perfect package for deflecting the focus away from her own misbehavior. I got the impression Taylor was just chomping at the bit to bring up Kim's problems. I was shocked how earlier she'd turned to Kyle and asked if "we" should bring up her (Kim's) state of mind. Butt out and fix your own house, Taylor.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;4175930;
    ^^I completely agree. I cannot stand that Taylor!
    Taylor: I know we have discussed this over and over again BUT even though this was the SAME night as Part 1, why did it appear to me that Taylor's lips were even BIGGER than last Thursday night ….
    Does she really look in the mirror and say, "I'm hot with these lips" because they are horrific. I cannot even stand to look at her. And YES, she is a huge pot-stirrer.

I hope Kim gets the help she needs …. "Oh Dr. Drew … "

Kyle is just one big p.i.t.a. Period. Every time either one of them mentions they were child stars as well as Paris ...

Lisa and Adrienne, I really like!
    KAREN

[QUOTE=Jexter;4174965;]My personal spin on alcoholism - and any sort of substance abuse ... even cigarettes for that matter - is a choice between living and not living, i.e. dying. A slow form of suicide and an indication that the abuser thinks life unaffected by substances isn't worth living.

Speaking from personal experience, I'm not sure that abusers understand the pain they cause others. I tend to think they don't believe others care enough to worry about their actions/inactions.

QUOTE]

That is the problem with people with substance abuse issuse. They are clueless as to the chaos around them & the emotional & at times physical abuse the afflict on those who love & care for them the most.
    I am not trying to be offensive to anyone here. However unless you have had the burden of keeping the abuse secret, endured the mood swings, the anger, the going to pick someone you love off the floor of a bar at 3:00A.M. & then have them throw up all ove you, your car, you homewherever, you just can't get it. They can not support themselves financially or physically. Thay can't show an real type of emotions or feelings for another human because you can't be sure who you are talking to; the person you love or the disease.
    As the caregiver you become emotionally, physically & fincianally drained to the point where you just don't have anything leftfor those around you who are positives in your life. Those are the people you cling to life a life raft. I think that is why Kyle is close to Taylor. Taylor gets it.
    Somethings you just have to let the addction & the person go.
    This topic just makes me sad.

Lisa jumped in against Kim, and I can't stomach that. If I hear "You don't know what went on off camera ... " one more time.

Cedric had it made, and blew it. Free room and board for a year, probably set up somewhere (which thousands of low income people in America would appreciate), and a foot in the door to some nice parties. Instead, he blows it by threatening a tell all book. Which brings me to the conclusion ... he's an ungrateful hanger-on, and does he have something to tell? I'll let others read and discover, as he's not bright enough to keep it to himself.

Family secrets should remain family secrets, and Kyle blabbed to her friends, old and new. Lisa evidently has been around her long enough to confide in, but to fill someone like Taylor with things you want to remain confidential? Not smart.

I think ALL of them have a problem with alcohol. Look at the way they toss it back. I lost all respect for Kyle for blurting that out because she was starting to look bad.

If Taylor ever took responsibility for anything she did, the world would stop. "Kim got up ... " Really? Did you see how confrontational you were? Not exactly what Lisa was talking about but go ahead and blame her too.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Some nasty Bravo editing: previews showed Andy asking Kim if she's alcoholic; with a full-screen shot of Kim crying and grimacing, and a kinda shriek coming out of her- as if she was going to scream and cry and break down as a result of the question. Then on the actual reunion footage, same shot of Andy asking the question, then we see Kim carefully and calmly telling him she would not go there with the discussion. Seems a bit smarmy of Bravo.

I thought I saw CamO blow Mauricio a kiss when she said he would still be her realtor!! Or Real-A-Tor as CamO likes to pronounce it. And I swear I saw him blow a kiss back. Was that my imagination? I didn't TIVO this so cannot go look.

Damn! That skanky Shauna/Taylor! I understand she has an awful life herself, but gawd, is it so bad she has to retaliate to the world at large by making everything she touches seem ugly? Her abhorrent treatment of Kim is so unacceptable. I wish someone would call her on it big time!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Damn! That skanky Shauna/Taylor! I understand she has an awful life herself, but gawd, is it so bad she has to retaliate to the world at large by making everything she touches seem ugly? Her abhorrent treatment of Kim is so unacceptable. I wish someone would call her on it big time![/QUOTE]

this drove me nuts as well. No one really called her out enough on this in my opinion -- she clearly got things started at her b-day party -- she did not approach Kim like they were gonna have this nice conversation -- she went over to her and approched her very aggressively -- poor Kim -- all dressed up and ready to have a good time -- then pounced on by Skeletor. and Taylors response to this is so rehearsed -- hell she has said it so many times she may actually believe it -- she started the fight -- and then here comes sis and pounces on poor Kim as well -- no matter how frustrated I may be with my sister at the end of the day I ain't gonna let anybody mistreat her no matter what -- just makes me sick. Taylor attacks Kim because she thinks she can -- Kim does not have a spouse to support her or a sister to support her for that matter -- Taylor makes me ill. She is vile -- and those lips of hers are ridiculous

I think keeping substance abuse as a big "family secret" causes more problems than it alleviates.

In Al-Anon they tell you to stop covering for and continually rescuing the person from the consequences of their actions, that doing so is just enabling them further in their destructive behavior and putting more stress and responsibility on the caregiver while denying the caregiver the support they need.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4176831;
    I think keeping substance abuse as a big "family secret" causes more problems than it alleviates.

In Al-Anon they tell you to stop covering for and continually rescuing the person from the consequences of their actions, that doing so is just enabling them further in their destructive behavior and putting more stress and responsibility on the caregiver while denying the caregiver the support they need.

While I agree with this, doing it while enraged on a national tv show watched by millions seems a bit harsh. The way Kyle outed Kim felt vindictive and hateful rather than self-affirming.

I taped the reunion last night, but still have not watched it. Read a few recaps online and did see part 1 of the reunion last week.
    I still find Kyle and Taylor the worst of the bunch. They're 2 very mean girls, IMO.
    Haven't been a big fan of Camille's, but at least she did take some responsibility for her actions and agreed that she was insecure.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread