+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 499 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast
Like Tree2993Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Okay unless you have dealt with an alcoholic on a daily basis you have no clue. My Ex could drink a 1/2 gallon of vodka and would appear as sober as I,a non-drinker, would. You would think he was drinking a glass of Sprite when it was a glass of straight vodka. Vodka & gin...the alcoholic's dream beverage because vodka & gin are clear & don't, how do I put this gently, they don't make your body smell the next day. Ask anyone who is close to a heavy drinker & they will know the smell I am talking about.
    Kyle knows because she has probably been dealing with this for years. trust me frustration & anger can get the best of you at times and the alcoholic couldn't care less about the mahey they leave in their wake.

I know WAY too much about an alcoholic's demeanor, lies, smell, temper, sabotage, etc. (It is possible to drink so much vodka that you can smell it on someone's breath the next day. I smelled it on my ex. Of course, he drank until 3:00 a.m. most nights.)

I don't doubt Kyle may have suffered because of this, but as long as you keep yourself in the situation, you are part of the problem. You can't be a martyr. It doesn't work. You have to let the person go if they refuse rehab and sobriety. You aren't doing them favors by paying their rent, buying them food, or taking care of them. That's Kyle's fault, not Kim's. Also, you can't keep socialing with an alcoholic and drinking with them. It won't work. Kyle knew going on that show they would be drinking as they socialized. That was a recipe for disaster.

FORT Fogey

My personal spin on alcoholism - and any sort of substance abuse ... even cigarettes for that matter - is a choice between living and not living, i.e. dying. A slow form of suicide and an indication that the abuser thinks life unaffected by substances isn't worth living.

I suppose there are some who get caught up in substance abuse for other reasons but for many (if not all), it's a very raw state. And very, very dark. Honestly? I don't know how people recover at all. Those who do should be applauded, but those who don't should not be scorned.

Speaking from personal experience, I'm not sure that abusers understand the pain they cause others. I tend to think they don't believe others care enough to worry about their actions/inactions.

I don't know. This whole thing surrounding Kim is very, very sad. It's so sad I may not even watch the 2nd reunion show. I don't know how it would all work, but I hope she sues her sister and Bravo.
    Last edited by Jexter; 02-01-2011 at 03:45 PM.

FORT Fogey

Not sure why but the final reunion episode is tonight in case people aren't aware.

FORT Fogey

I feel like Taylor is the bully. There's something very weird about her. Consider it - she's tried to come between Kyle and Lisa, and Kyle and Kim. With Kyle and Kim, she succeeded.

At the party, she was so out of line to confront Kim. And it was so inappropriate to try to get involved with Kim and Kyle's relationship in that argument, and then keep saying she just didn't want to be involved. I think she knew there was tension between them and capitalized on it.

I think Taylor does a lot of things sneakily, but not on purpose..... she just wants to bring up drama and be the one spreading the gossip of the moment. I think she wants everyone to think of her as "clever". But really she comes across as a snake in the grass.

Anyways i'm rewatching the season finale and I love this dumb quote of Taylor "we would be the ones in the circle of stirring.....stirrrrr.."

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4175480;
    I feel like Taylor is the bully. There's something very weird about her. Consider it - she's tried to come between Kyle and Lisa, and Kyle and Kim. With Kyle and Kim, she succeeded.

At the party, she was so out of line to confront Kim. And it was so inappropriate to try to get involved with Kim and Kyle's relationship in that argument, and then keep saying she just didn't want to be involved. I think she knew there was tension between them and capitalized on it.
    ITA...Taylor started the whole fiasco at the party but Kim got the blame for it happening. Taylor seems to be quite experienced at that sort of thing. Can't stand Taylor one bit. Can't imagine that my opinion will ever change regarding her.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Exactly. I don't think we can judge the Kim/Kyle dynamic because I feel like there are just so many layers to it, built up over so many years, and they've both been so messed up by their mother. But we can absolutely judge how the others, who are not involved, react to it. I have to give Adrienne credit where it's due - she's very fair to both of them and seems to genuinely want peace between them. She gave them some solid advice.

I like both Adrienne and Paul, but not together. I mean, they're a hoot to watch, but they can't be happy together.

I don't know-I think Adrienne and Paul are probably just fine. What we see is a small portion of them, and if that is the portion of their relationship that Bravo chooses to play up well that's pretty much all we are going to see.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread