+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 518 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Like Tree3128Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I very well could be) but didn't Kelsey Grammer leave his second wife (don't remember her name) to be with Camille and marry her? If that is true, how can Camille not look back on that and wonder if history is repeating itself? And maybe Kayte (Kelsey's soon to be 4th wife) needs to consider that her fiance is going to dump her when she reaches her expiration date.
    Kelsey must have some serious issues with women and the true meaning of a lasting relationship. If his marriage to Kayte lasts "til death do us part" that will be a shocker. However, as old as Kelsey is, this 4th wife might make it through the rest of Kelsey's lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4170165;
    I have no idea if Kim has a drinking problem or not.
    I didn't see her drunk in any of the shows; not even the finale.
    And, when the others seemed to be drinking wine, I didn't see Kim drinking wine, either.
    I don't know for a fact that Kim has an alcohol problem, but having first hand experience with them and the relationships around them I would bet she does. Just my opinion but I also think she was drunk as a skunk in the limo in the finale show. The alcoholics I've dealt with don't show it in the same way as people who aren't physically addicted, but once you've lived with it on a daily basis you can recognize it: the blank look, the concentration expended just keeping up with the conversation, the blurting out of things (like "you stole my house") that you know aren't factually true but are deep hurts in your soul.

I don't judge Kim or Kyle. It's a very very difficult situation on both sides and in my opinion they both need to get help with it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4171023;
    Someone posted a link to a chat with Lisa earlier in the thread, and in that chat Lisa made a vague reference to something along the lines of the viewers not seeing the entire story involving Kim. As always, there may be more. The thing is, with all of these women being friends with Kyle and not really knowing Kim beforehand, I wonder how much they actually saw firsthand and how much is the ladies taking the word of their friend Kyle when she complains about her sister.
    I read that chat. Thing is, I'm not sure how truthful/objective Lisa is being. In the finale, Kyle tells her Kim is drunk. Lisa is surprised and says "really?!" as if she didn't know what Kim being drunk looked like. That tells me that is the first instance Lisa saw of it in a significant sort of way.

Then, she says in her final episode blog that viewers don't see the full story but that even she - a close friend of Kyle's - doesn't even know the story.

And, then, in the preview of the 2nd reunion show, she steps in and says "when people drink they don't always mean what they say" which implied Kim said something off track, but all I heard was Taylor being the aggressor. Lisa is firmly in Kyle's and Taylor's court.

For today, and until I hear anything different from the wives, Andy, or the producers, I think Lisa and Kyle are simply spewing what they've heard from Kyle. And that right there is a very one-sided perspective.

It is telling, though. These women never opened up to Kim and vice-versa. Oil and water. Different ways of experiencing the world. I kind of hope Kim doesn't come back - OR if she does, that they bring in some of her own friends. Otherwise, it's too painful to watch.

I still say shame on Kyle. Lisa (elitist) and Taylor (opportunitst) are what they are, and they will never change. I expected a bit more down-to-earth behavior from Kyle though.
    Last edited by Jexter; 01-30-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4171264;
    I read that chat. Thing is, I'm not sure how truthful/objective Lisa is being. In the finale, Kyle tells her Kim is drunk. Lisa is surprised and says "really?!" as if she didn't know what Kim being drunk looked like. That tells me that is the first instance Lisa saw of it in a significant sort of way.

Then, she says in her final episode blog that viewers don't see the full story but that even she - a close friend of Kyle's - doesn't even know the story.

And, then, in the preview of the 2nd reunion show, she steps in and says "when people drink they don't always mean what they say" which implied Kim said something off track, but all I heard was Taylor being the aggressor. Lisa is firmly in Kyle's and Taylor's court.

For today, and until I hear anything different from the wives, Andy, or the producers, I think Lisa and Kyle are simply spewing what they've heard from Kyle. And that right there is a very one-sided perspective.

It is telling, though. These women never opened up to Kim and vice-versa. Oil and water. Different ways of experiencing the world. I kind of hope Kim doesn't come back - OR if she does, that they bring in some of her own friends. Otherwise, it's too painful to watch.

I still say shame on Kyle. Lisa (elitist) and Taylor (opportunitst) are what they are, and they will never change. I expected a bit more down-to-earth behavior from Kyle though.
    I interpreted Lisa's reaction to hearing from Kyle that Kim was drunk differently. If she was at all surprised, it may only have been because she did not expect Kim, or anyone for that matter, to show up already drunk to what was the last major filming event of the show. I honestly don't see how Lisa's reaction indicated any inconsistency with later statements she made regarding Kim.

I guess I just find it hard to believe that Kyle, Lisa and Taylor, and to some degree, Andy, are all so "morally bankrupt" (thanks, Camille) that they would have no compunction about perpetuating a very damaging (both personally and professionally) lie about Kim just to further their own agenda. (And while we're at it, neither Camille nor Adrienne is really speaking out in Kim's defense either, if they feel there is some conspiracy against her.) Are these people pillars of virtue? No, but the belief that they are quite as Machiavellic (sorry, couldn't resist), inhuman and unfeeling as some are painting them, is just something I'm not ready to buy into. Even though it is natural to want to side with the underdog, maybe the problem really does lie with Kim.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4171322;
    I interpreted Lisa's reaction to hearing from Kyle that Kim was drunk differently. If she was at all surprised, it may only have been because she did not expect Kim, or anyone for that matter, to show up already drunk to what was the last major filming event of the show. I honestly don't see how Lisa's reaction indicated any inconsistency with later statements she made regarding Kim.[/quuote]

Lisa further asked "how bad" regarding the level of inebbriation and Kyle responded with "it's not good". Another indicator that Lisa wasn't fully aware of Kim's issues earlier on.

I guess I just find it hard to believe that Kyle, Lisa and Taylor, and to some degree, Andy, are all so "morally bankrupt" (thanks, Camille) that they would have no compunction about perpetuating a very damaging (both personally and professionally) lie about Kim just to further their own agenda. (And while we're at it, neither Camille nor Adrienne is really speaking out in Kim's defense either, if they feel there is some conspiracy against her.) Are these people pillars of virtue? No, but the belief that they are quite as Machiavellic (sorry, couldn't resist), inhuman and unfeeling as some are painting them, is just something I'm not ready to buy into. Even though it is natural to want to side with the underdog, maybe the problem really does lie with Kim.
    I have no problem believing that with the exception of Adrienne and even Camille where Kim is concerned, the other wives are morally bankrupt enough to "bully" (can't think of a better word) Kim. Kyle is immature enough, Lisa is elitist enough, and Taylor is too much of an opportunist. Until I hear/learn otherwise, I DO believe they behaved in a morally bankrupt way.

Reg. the producers....they've shown the OC wives' kids issues with alcohol, drugs, and the law - and many other unfortunate issues with the wives themselves. I can't help but believe that if Kim had more issues than what we have been shown, they would have shown them - but only in the spirit of the show - not as "morally bankrupt" individuals. Look at how poorly Camille came off prior to the divorce. They don't sweep much under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4171385;
    I have no problem believing that with the exception of Adrienne and even Camille where Kim is concerned, the other wives are morally bankrupt enough to "bully" (can't think of a better word) Kim. Kyle is immature enough, Lisa is elitist enough, and Taylor is too much of an opportunist. Until I hear/learn otherwise, I DO believe they behaved in a morally bankrupt way.

Reg. the producers....they've shown the OC wives' kids issues with alcohol, drugs, and the law - and many other unfortunate issues with the wives themselves. I can't help but believe that if Kim had more issues than what we have been shown, they would have shown them - but only in the spirit of the show - not as "morally bankrupt" individuals. Look at how poorly Camille came off prior to the divorce. They don't sweep much under the rug.
    We'll have to agree to disagree about who is morally bankrupt. To me, that is a pretty horrendous thing to assume about someone who is not a known murderer, rapist, crook, etc, and much worse than assuming someone suffers from alcoholism, which is a disease.

As far as sweeping things under the rug in BH (Kim's alcoholism), maybe they did so in earlier episodes to build up for the big "reveal" in the finale, and subsequent discussion at the reunion (notice they even saved the "alcoholic" issue for part 2, since it's more "juicy", just like the Cedric story). If Kim's drinking had been used as a storyline all along, it wouldn't have had the same shocking effect in that limo scene when Kyle blurts it out, which the producers were obviously saving until the very end of the season with good reason (from their perspective).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4171407;
    We'll have to agree to disagree about who is morally bankrupt. To me, that is a pretty horrendous thing to assume about someone who is not a known murderer, rapist, crook, etc, and much worse than assuming someone suffers from alcoholism, which is a disease.

As far as sweeping things under the rug in BH (Kim's alcoholism), maybe they did so in earlier episodes to build up for the big "reveal" in the finale, and subsequent discussion at the reunion (notice they even saved the "alcoholic" issue for part 2, since it's more "juicy", just like the Cedric story). If Kim's drinking had been used as a storyline all along, it wouldn't have had the same shocking effect in that limo scene when Kyle blurts it out, which the producers were obviously saving until the very end of the season with good reason (from their perspective).

My personal barometer for how people should treat each other is clearly defined. For me, Lisa, Kim, and Taylor didn't make the grade.
    Last edited by Jexter; 01-30-2011 at 05:16 PM.

I think Taylor's behavior on the reunion show was as disgusting as her distorted face. I really wonder if she believes she looks good with her over sized lip implant and shadowed over brows. Taylor needs to get her butt over to that makeup artist that Kim went to see to learn how to apply makeup, though all the makeup in the world would not cover up what a cruel and conniving biotch she is!

In regards to Camille, who I still can't stand....I really think that she has surrounded herself with people that constantly tell her how wonderful she is and how jealous all the other women are of her. These alleged "paid" friends of her don't want to lose their paychecks and as fast as she fired Mauricio, they better keep kissing her ass cuz she will cut them off quick if they don't keep filling up her ego tank.

I think Kyle and Kim's relationship is deep and they truly love one another, I wish people would let them alone to work out their own problems. Taylor needs to keep her fat lip out of other people's business, especially when they are sisters. Remember blood is thicker than water and no matter what Kim and Kyle will remain sisters for life where Taylor will be leaching on to someone else that will help her in her efforts to obtain wealth and fame. Ugh, the way she winked at Kim after telling her to stay away from her charity! She is repulsive to me!

For some reason, I like watching Paul and Adrienne...I think they adore each other and make a really cute couple. I like when Paul is on....

A few things I would like Andy to bring up on the reunion show:

1. Camille and her lip kissing with her friend's husbands'....also her strange relationships with him like how he showed up in Vegas, the bike ride, tennis...etc...
    2. Call Taylor out on the fact that the camera caught her in a lie at the airport when she kept saying she didn't call Camille insignificant.
    3. Why Camille was at the NY apt (when the doorman wouldn't let her in), wasn't she told by Kelsey that she wasn't "allowed" over there?
    4. The psycho "psychic".
    5. Ask Camille if she still has 4 nannies since she said she is focusing all her time and effort on her children now.

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;4171189;
    Correct me if I'm wrong (and I very well could be) but didn't Kelsey Grammer leave his second wife (don't remember her name) to be with Camille and marry her? If that is true, how can Camille not look back on that and wonder if history is repeating itself? And maybe Kayte (Kelsey's soon to be 4th wife) needs to consider that her fiance is going to dump her when she reaches her expiration date.
    Kelsey must have some serious issues with women and the true meaning of a lasting relationship. If his marriage to Kayte lasts "til death do us part" that will be a shocker. However, as old as Kelsey is, this 4th wife might make it through the rest of Kelsey's lifetime.
    I believe he left a girlfriend (maybe fiance) for her. Her name was Tammy Alexander and according to what I've read, she and Camille are now good friends.

After watching the season and the first Reunion, this is my present opinion of the "ladies" of Beverly Hills: (an opinion that could continue to evolve and change as we see more of them)

Lisa: appears to be the kindest and most sane of the bunch but still has a few screws missing as seen by allowing a leech like Cedric to live off of her and her husband for so long, especially when it annoyed her husband. No matter how pathetic his embellished story is of his past.
    The guy (Cedric) has no scruples at all and Lisa's allowing him to mooch off of them for so long shows me someone who's definitely lacking in judgement.

Kyle: Bitterly resents her sister and no matter how upset she is with Kim, I don't think she has any right to "out" her sister, even if she is an alcoholic. I dislike morally righteous people, especially when we see all the housewives (in every city), drinking their constant bottomless glasses of wine. Kim appears to drink a couple more than the rest of them, which does not make her into a pariah. Personally, I think she combines prescription meds with alcohol which can be seen in that vacant look and the slowness to comprehend and respond to what is being said to her. I am not condoning an alcoholic but I don't think these people who also drink a lot should be her judge and jury. They just may be lucky to not have the addictive gene.

Kim: deperately insecure, probably medicated by RX drugs and alcohol to cope with a life she is ill prepared to deal with.... a sad, lost girl who is unable to deal with all the complexities of life.

Adrienne: Pretty middle of the road. Nothing great but nothing bad either but I keep remembering that framed wedding dress on display in her home. Odd.

Taylor: I think she's a true snake in the grass. She is not a nice person, particulary to Kim. Remembering how dismissive and rude she was to her on that first trip to Vegas, she was barely polite. I never, ever believed her overly contrived tale of abuse at the charity event. I'm not saying she made it all up but I do think she exaggerated her victim-hood and enjoyed the response from others. It just never rang true to me. I disliked her behavior when she "crashed" the dinner that Lisa had arranged with Kyle. I dislike her total self absorbance at her daughter's birthday party. The party was more for her than the child and the contrived story of her daughter having allergies to the puppy just to flip off her husband. But mostly, I disliked the conspiratorial way she seemed to protray herself as Kyle's BFF at the reunion, saying "Should we mention her (Kim) state of mind at the time?" Wicked woman.

Camille: is Camille. She is so transparent. An insecure, narcissistic woman who from now on will get the answer to her prayers: to be something other than Kelsey Grammar's wife. Be careful what you wish for.

Maybe I'm being too harsh about these women but it annoys me to see people with so many advantages to act mean and petty to others instead of focusing on all the wonderful aspects of their lives.

+ Reply to Thread