+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 502 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Like Tree3012Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4168760;
    Bravo - that's Andy Cohen & Co. - should have left Kim's alcoholism footage on the cutting room floor........ Never, ever should show ratings take precedence over human decency, but Bravo made a conscious decision to throw humanity out the window. Shame.
    Huh? Leave her alcoholism footage on cutting room floor? Why? It's all fair game............part of the reality. After watching all these RH shows, nothing is sacred. Everyone else's life is "out there" -- so should Kim's.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

I have no idea if Kim has a drinking problem or not.
    I didn't see her drunk in any of the shows; not even the finale.
    And, when the others seemed to be drinking wine, I didn't see Kim drinking wine, either.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;4170005;
    That's not responding to Cohen's statement. Unless you're saying Danielle is "gutter trash" but loved. ??????????????????
    Neither.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

When RHs sign up w/Bravo, they're asking for skeletons to be unearthed. But when a person, such as Kim, is presented as having lost control of her daily life (Bravo allows her to be depicted as alcoholic), I think it's time to back off.

If it turned out that Kim was mentally ill, brain damaged, had Alzheimer's Disease, or suffered from other brain disease or early dementia-- or alcoholism--, I expect Bravo to treat her issues differently from the other seemingly "sane" women. I'm all for outing the hubris-filled monstrosities who think they are bigger and better and therefore can beat the system. But when it comes to people who cannot fend for themselves because of a condition they are ill equipped to combat --- well then I think Bravo should take the high road and back off.

If you told me, for example, that all this time NJ Beverly aka Danielle Staub had a brain tumor, and was unable to conduct herself in a civil manner, I'd think, well geez, I hope she gets treatment and how horrible it came to this low ebb before she got help. I'm probably in the minority here, but I think Kim - if she indeed is an alcoholic - has no more control over her daily life or or acts or deeds than a person with a brain tumor. She can be held responsible after it's fixed, but not now when she has so few resources.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4170402;
    .... I'm probably in the minority here, but I think Kim - if she indeed is an alcoholic - has no more control over her daily life or or acts or deeds than a person with a brain tumor. She can be held responsible after it's fixed, but not now when she has so few resources.
    Alcoholism is a disease. Not everyone who drinks becomes an alcoholic, but if you go down that road and it happens, it's a physical illness that needs treatment. It's a sad and dreadful thing to happen to a person because it wrecks not only the person afflicted but usually those around him/her. I'm no expert, but I've see it, too.

Years ago I was addicted to prescription pain killers. Even though it's been 10+ years since I've taken anything, if I even hear the name of that medication, I get a "stirring" and shake it off but will probably always have that part of my brain that craves it...it's that strong!

Addictions are powerful demons to conquer, and I hope Kim not only gets help but has support around her to keep her from relapsing...not too sure I'd feel good about that for her from what we've been shown.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Whether Kim has a drinking problem or not, I thought she was incredibly poised and articulate on the reunion show. Part 2 might prove me wrong but I'm glad she found her voice and stood up to Taylor.

FORT Fogey

Just watched the preview for the 2nd reunion show. Andy basically tells Taylor she started the fight at the finale party, but then Lisa chimes in as if Kim did start the fight and says "we all say things we don't mean when alcohol is involved". So, even though Andy is siding with Kim, both Lisa and Taylor continue to blame her.

More may come out about some sort of reprehensible behavior on Kim's part, but a) as of yet, I have't seen it and b) Andy's in Kim's court on at least one particular issue. I really do think if Kim did something behind the scenes that was gawd-awful, we'd hear about in some way - by spoken word or tone of voice.

Meanwhile, I've decided that ALL the RHoBH are worthless phonies - all of them. And, even though Adrienne remains the most rational of the bunch, I'm kinda not digging how she is Taylor's daughter's godmother and that Charlie Sheen (yuck in a million different ways) had his wedding ceremony at her house, and that if we are to believe Kyle, she has befriended Kyle and Mauricio. (double yuck).

Kyle, Taylor, and Lisa have taken huges falls from grace for me (although I wasn't impressed by any of them to begin with...even the ever-popular Lisa). As much as I had a bit of a soft-spot for Camille the last few episodes and felt she redeemed herself *a bit* during the reunion, I would still lay money on the fact that she was nothing more than a gold-digger when she married Kelsey and remains so today. And, she was far too flirty, flaunty, and arrogant before the divorce rolled around to forgive.

I'm not sure what Kim's deal is. All I know is that on the show, from what I saw/heard, whe was a victim of bullying (just like in middle school!). She may be something else off camera, but I haven't seen it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4170902;
    Meanwhile, I've decided that ALL the RHoBH are worthless phonies - all of them.
    Isn't that kind of the point of the show? I've always thought, going all the way back to the OC, that the idea behind these shows was not to show this enviable lifestyle that all the viewers wish we had. Instead, the idea is to in a tongue in cheek kind of way show these lives that the women think we wish we had, but to show what a price they pay for them so we realize we don't want them. Whether its someone like Vicki or Adrienne who sacrifice time with their kids to continue making millions, or people like Camille and LuAnn who marry money only to be replaced for a newer model, or people like Theresa and Tamara who give the appearance of having millions only to lose it all to foreclosure -- their all phonies and I think that Bravo is in on the joke.

FORT Fanatic

Just adding something, Adrienne is Charlie's neighbor. Reports say her husband called 911, I saw him in an interview on Inside Edition.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4170902;
    More may come out about some sort of reprehensible behavior on Kim's part, but a) as of yet, I have't seen it and b) Andy's in Kim's court on at least one particular issue. I really do think if Kim did something behind the scenes that was gawd-awful, we'd hear about in some way - by spoken word or tone of voice.

I'm not sure what Kim's deal is. All I know is that on the show, from what I saw/heard, whe was a victim of bullying (just like in middle school!). She may be something else off camera, but I haven't seen it.
    Someone posted a link to a chat with Lisa earlier in the thread, and in that chat Lisa made a vague reference to something along the lines of the viewers not seeing the entire story involving Kim. As always, there may be more. The thing is, with all of these women being friends with Kyle and not really knowing Kim beforehand, I wonder how much they actually saw firsthand and how much is the ladies taking the word of their friend Kyle when she complains about her sister.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread