+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 503 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I think the questions of why Kyle would allow Kim to be on the show may also indicate why Kathy Hilton wanted nothing to do with appearing on the show. As much as the Hilton's world revolves around Paris, it make more sense to me that she would not participate out of concern for Kim's participation than the rumors of her being mad the show wouldn't center around Paris. I'm not sure why exactly Kyle would go along with Kim being exposed to all of that. I'd heard that Kim was hoping the show would jumpstart her acting career. So maybe she pushed the issue a little?

Someone else said that they thought Camille came across better because she had good PR coaching. I agree. Being a Hollywood wife, she's had 13 years of training in creating a public image which may or may not reflect the truth. She even explained that she went to the Tonys because she wasn't ready to admit to the public they had split, so they had to portray a good image. She knows how to do it, and does it well.

As for Taylor - I think she came across bad, but I don't think she's as malicious as others seem to. I think she's a weird combination of being really concerned about what others think of her (she said herself she's a people pleaser) and being a bit oblvious to how her honest actions impact other people. I think she makes comments to make herself look good, and she's so concerned about that she forgets to think about how the other person feels hearing it. I don't think she's evil as much as she is so overly self-involved that she's oblivious to others feelings.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama;4168441;
    Kyle's juvenile "jelly bean" references for jealousy is just plain silly. Made me want to stick a couple of jelly beans up her nose, just for fun ya know. That would be just as mature.
    What's up with these "housewives" and jelly beans? Remember crazy Kelly from NY and her jelly beans (so silly and immature, too)?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV;4169167;
    I think the questions of why Kyle would allow Kim to be on the show may also indicate why Kathy Hilton wanted nothing to do with appearing on the show. As much as the Hilton's world revolves around Paris, it make more sense to me that she would not participate out of concern for Kim's participation than the rumors of her being mad the show wouldn't center around Paris. I'm not sure why exactly Kyle would go along with Kim being exposed to all of that. I'd heard that Kim was hoping the show would jumpstart her acting career. So maybe she pushed the issue a little?

Someone else said that they thought Camille came across better because she had good PR coaching. I agree. Being a Hollywood wife, she's had 13 years of training in creating a public image which may or may not reflect the truth. She even explained that she went to the Tonys because she wasn't ready to admit to the public they had split, so they had to portray a good image. She knows how to do it, and does it well.

As for Taylor - I think she came across bad, but I don't think she's as malicious as others seem to. I think she's a weird combination of being really concerned about what others think of her (she said herself she's a people pleaser) and being a bit oblvious to how her honest actions impact other people. I think she makes comments to make herself look good, and she's so concerned about that she forgets to think about how the other person feels hearing it. I don't think she's evil as much as she is so overly self-involved that she's oblivious to others feelings.
    I agree with you AcookerTV, in fact we all assume that Kyle pushed Kim to do the show, but I'm wondering if maybe it was the other way around. Maybe while Kyle was telling Kim about herself (Kyle) being on the show, and Kim, wanting desperately to restart her career, begged Kyle to help get Kim to be on the show with her. (Maybe Kim said something like, "Please, please Kyle, I NEED this! It could re-start my career. And after all I've done for you, you owe me this!!!") That would be a whole different thing, and I have a feeling that it was more like that, than Kyle "putting" Kim on the show.

And even if my assumption isn't correct, how can we say "Kyle shouldn't have LET Kim be on the show." Kim is a grown woman and this is still a free country. If the producers, knowing about both of the Richards sisters, came to both of them and asked them to be on the show, Kyle wouldn't have had the right or the power to refuse to 'let' Kim be on the show. True, she could've 'advised' Kim not to do it, but we really can't say that Kyle shouldn't have LET Kim do the show. It wasn't up to Kyle to make that decision for Kim!

I agree with you about Camille too. It's like, now, from the prospective of several months later --- and after her very public humilation, she has either had some very good PR people working with her, or she truly is seeing that she behaved badly, and is, at least, willing to admit to (some of) it.

I'm a little puzzled about people's reaction to Taylor. I don't think she's bad or evil either. Yeah, she probably got married to Russell to live an uber-wealthy lifestyle, and yes, she does over-indulge --- and yes, perhaps she didn't act correctly when she stirred up the pot a couple of times, but she doesn't seem evil to me, or like a bad person. I think that Danielle (RHNJ) and Tamra (RHOC) are malicious and evil 'mean-girls' --- Taylor's no where near that! As Canuck and SugaMama pointed out above, even Camille isn't anywhere near as bad as Danielle or Tamra!
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 01-29-2011 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4169324;
    I agree with you AcookerTV, in fact we all assume that Kyle pushed Kim to do the show, but I'm wondering if maybe it was the other way around. Maybe while Kyle was telling Kim about herself (Kyle) being on the show, and Kim, wanting desperately to restart her career, begged Kyle to help get Kim to be on the show with her. (Maybe Kim said something like, "Please, please Kyle, I NEED this! It could re-start my career. And after all I've done for you, you owe me this!!!") That would be a whole different thing, and I have a feeling that it was more like that, than Kyle "putting" Kim on the show. !
    I hadn't throught of it that way, it's a real possibility. Hopefully we'll find out how it really started one day!

I agree with you about Camille too. It's like, now, from the prospective of I'm a little puzzled about people's reaction to Taylor. I don't think she's bad or evil either. Yeah, she probably got married to Russell to live an uber-wealthy lifestyle, and yes, she does over-indulge --- and yes, perhaps she didn't act correctly when she stirred up the pot a couple of times, but she doesn't seem evil to me, or like a bad person. I think that Danielle (RHNJ) and Tamra (RHOC) are malicious and evil 'mean-girls' --- Taylor's no where near that! As Canuck and SugaMama pointed out above, even Camille isn't anywhere near as bad as Danielle or Tamra!
    Eww Danielle and Tamra. I'm waiting to see about Taylor. While I'd not call her evil (yet ), I think she's a cold, self-centered person who does a fairly good job of not letting it show, at least in filming. Her reaction over being upstaged by the puppy is what sealed it for me where Taylor's concerned. She was so jealous that her daughter preferred the puppy over her diamond necklace gift (for a 4-year old ) -- it's all about Taylor. Her fakey sadness over her daughter's allergies and just having to get rid of the puppy made me want to slap her. Her behavior at Reunion #1 showed more of her true side, a mean, sarcastic streak definitely came out for all to see.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4169266;
    What's up with these "housewives" and jelly beans? Remember crazy Kelly from NY and her jelly beans (so silly and immature, too)?
    Those natural, unprocessed jelly beans? Where can we find those?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Kyle was contacted first, then brought the others in according to reports from many sources a long time ago. I think Kyle may have had good intentions at first with Kim, but as she didn't behave in the manner appropriate to Kyle she became "the whipping dog."

As far as Camille vs Kyle: I think both of them are used to being Queen Bee, and were not prepared to share the title. Hence, a silly little dispute exploded into "the fight of the season."

Taylor has shown her true colors many times. She is a Cling-on. (Klingon) She's one of those "pretty girls" who fawn over the Queen Bee just to be included in the popular crowd. Then when the Queen Bee is overthrown by another her loyalties switch to the new one. She's one you tell your secrets too, then end up regretting it.

I'm hoping the others google her and find out all the information about Shana that's out there.

Cedric: I didn't buy his story. I think he started telling a true story, then exaggerated 99% of the rest. He did show his true colors upon his departure.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I agree with you AcookerTV, in fact we all assume that Kyle pushed Kim to do the show, but I'm wondering if maybe it was the other way around. Maybe while Kyle was telling Kim about herself (Kyle) being on the show, and Kim, wanting desperately to restart her career, begged Kyle to help get Kim to be on the show with her. (Maybe Kim said something like, "Please, please Kyle, I NEED this! It could re-start my career. And after all I've done for you, you owe me this!!!") That would be a whole different thing, and I have a feeling that it was more like that, than Kyle "putting" Kim on the show.

And even if my assumption isn't correct, how can we say "Kyle shouldn't have LET Kim be on the show." Kim is a grown woman and this is still a free country. If the producers, knowing about both of the Richards sisters, came to both of them and asked them to be on the show, Kyle wouldn't have had the right or the power to refuse to 'let' Kim be on the show. True, she could've 'advised' Kim not to do it, but we really can't say that Kyle shouldn't have LET Kim do the show. It wasn't up to Kyle to make that decision for Kim!

I agree with you about Camille too. It's like, now, from the prospective of several months later --- and after her very public humilation, she has either had some very good PR people working with her, or she truly is seeing that she behaved badly, and is, at least, willing to admit to (some of) it.
    I'm betting you're right about how Kim came to be on the show. Kyle was going to be on the show and Kim wanted in.

Kyle may have known it was a bad idea, or she may have thought it was a good idea, that it would inspire Kim to do better, to get out of the house and to restart her career, give her something in her life besides her kids so she wouldn't hang on to them so desperately.

What would people be saying about Kyle if she had somehow managed to bar Kim from the show?? What a horrible sister she was. If Kim ends up on the show, as she did, what are they saying? What a horrible sister she is. She, along with many other people with addicted relatives, was in a no win situation.

Either way it was not her decision, it was Kim's and the producer's. Kim is a grown up woman who is responsible for herself and her own decisions.

I'm a little puzzled about people's reaction to Taylor. I don't think she's bad or evil either. Yeah, she probably got married to Russell to live an uber-wealthy lifestyle, and yes, she does over-indulge --- and yes, perhaps she didn't act correctly when she stirred up the pot a couple of times, but she doesn't seem evil to me, or like a bad person. I think that Danielle (RHNJ) and Tamra (RHOC) are malicious and evil 'mean-girls' --- Taylor's no where near that! As Canuck and SugaMama pointed out above, even Camille isn't anywhere near as bad as Danielle or Tamra!
    What irks me about Taylor is that she continually refuses to own up to her sh*t. She is an opportunist, who in an attempt to score brownie points with Camille, the wife of a celebrity, who seemed to like her, blabbed about the airport conversation with Kim (probably presenting it as Taylor sticking up for Camille against Kim's criticism), and while I do think she had no idea how the word "insecure" would set Camille off, there is no denying it did, and that her gossiping to Camille in the first place was not in the best taste, nor was it in anyone's best interest but her own (or so she thought). She may not have told Camille with the purpose of "stirring the pot", but her motives were also far from innocent.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4169641;
    What irks me about Taylor is that she continually refuses to own up to her sh*t. She is an opportunist
    "Opportunist" is the best word I've heard to describe Taylor. I think it sums up Kim's thoughts, Lisa's thoughts, and those of a large chunk of the viewing public.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama;4168593;
    Camille is one we can love to hate, while

Danielle is just gutter trash (hate to have to even use those words!)
    That's not responding to Cohen's statement. Unless you're saying Danielle is "gutter trash" but loved. ??????????????????
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread