+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 503 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140190 ... LastLast
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4168670;
    This is so true. As Dr. Drew says, If you're not a part of the solutiion, then you're part of the problem." Those enablers are just as messed up as the alcoholic. They need treatment and support too.

Kyle and other family are only adding to the problem by covering up, making excuses and taking care of the mess the mess Kim makes.(If we believe the stories). So, Kyle's method of being a marty and then throwing Kim under the bus on tv about her disease is just plain WRONG.

Kyle can afford a professional intervenor to explain with family (IN PRIVATE) that Kim must go to detox, rehab and then stay in support meetings to stay sober or they are out of her life. No calls, no favors, no money, no nothing, period. And then do it. That's the only way she's going to get Kim's attention and give her a reason to recover. Why bother if she gets all this attention from her family for messing up? If these people are so smart, why don't they know all of this?
    With all due respect, we don't know what the family may have tried or not tried privately in the past. I don't have experience with this issue, so maybe someone who has can address it better, but if the addict refuses treatment, what can the family do? Kim signed herself out of rehab after a week. Wonder if it's the first time.

I have wondered, if Kyle knew Kim was this unstable, why did she get her to sign up for this? Just doesn't seem right to me, surely she knew something would blow up somewhere - and if she did, then that's really mean of her. I don't know, I can't figure Kyle out.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Why don't these ladies have stylist? The only ones who know how to dress are Taylor and Camille. The rest of their dress' are ridiculous.

Bravo - that's Andy Cohen & Co. - should have left Kim's alcoholism footage on the cutting room floor. I know they're in the business of boosting ratings by outing the RH in various ways, but this runs a little far into the gutter.

Never, ever should show ratings take precedence over human decency, but Bravo made a conscious decision to throw humanity out the window. Shame.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama;4168745;
    I have wondered, if Kyle knew Kim was this unstable, why did she get her to sign up for this? Just doesn't seem right to me, surely she knew something would blow up somewhere - and if she did, then that's really mean of her. I don't know, I can't figure Kyle out.
    I wonder the same. At first Kyle seemed all; I want to bring my sister in the group, get her out of her shell, it will be good for her, etc....
    But it seems to have evolved to - I've carried this secret about her , I'm tired of it, I want everyone to see my sister for what she is. I can understand her frustration and even anger at Kim; but there was no need to parade her on national television when it's really a private family issue. I like Kim. I think she never learned coping and communication skills or how to bond emotionally with others given her child stardom and family life. Unfortunately she choose an easy and unhealthy way to deal with all of this; if she is indeed an alcoholic. Since they have put it all out there; their family dynamic intriques me. I feel sympathy for Kim and I really hope she can come through this and heal of whatever her issues may be; if not for her sake for the sake of her children. I can see how Kyle would be tired of it and even not understand how she feels about her sister: and not understanding how to help her and getting more frustated and angry when nothing works- like introducing her to a new social group and wanting her to be on this show. They really need counseling and both of them need to be willing to learn how to communicate with each other. I hope they get the help they need. They have the money for it; it's sad if this just continues and gets worse when they could have done something about their relationship improving.

Given the addiction problems that run in that family, I find it hard to believe that Kim is the only one with a problem.

In my opinion, Kyle is despicable for putting Kim on the show knowing/hoping she would out herself, for treating her less than human, for isolating her from the others that she said she wanted to introduce to her, and for aligning herself with the likes of Taylor against her own sister.

Why do they tape the reunion before the last episode airs so that we cannot comment on things that arise from there? What a disservice to the viewers.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I just saw that our local paper did a live blog with Lisa this morning.
    I just read it, and she seems to answer some questions there. She does indicate that next week gets pretty intense.

Lisa Vanderpump talks 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' reunion in live chat | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Just rewatching last night's Reunion #1 -- Describe each HW in one or two words

Kyle = Haughty, Guarded
    Taylor = Mean, Hateful
    Lisa = Spirited, Confident
    Camille = Humbled
    Lisa = Ready-for-Battle
    Adrienne = Listening, Removed

Andy = bored to tears or angry, maybe both (definitely didn't seem to be enjoying himself)
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama;4169007;
    Just rewatching last night's Reunion #1 -- Describe each HW in one or two words

Kyle = Haughty, Guarded
    Taylor = Mean, Hateful
    Lisa = Spirited, Confident
    Camille = Humbled
    Lisa = Ready-for-Battle
    Adrienne = Listening, Removed

Andy = bored to tears or angry, maybe both (definitely didn't seem to be enjoying himself)
    Is the second Lisa supposed to be Kim?

Quote Originally Posted by ksgirl;4169108;
    Is the second Lisa supposed to be Kim?
    Yes, sorry bout that....my hubby just walked in with Chinese food and was distracting me!

+ Reply to Thread