+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 501 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree3011Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;4089229;
    She is scary but did you see the lady she had lunch with that had had kids with Bruce Jenner? Yikes!
    they

I thought Maloof looked much better on this episode. I was absolutely shocked when I saw Linda Thompson. I almost cried. She was always so beautiful - Elvis Presley's ex. She was very good to Elvis and the Memphis Mafia thought a lot of her. I can't believe she did that to herself. I just don't understand how they can't see what's happening to them.

Same thing with priscilla Presley -- her plastic surgeon was a quack and unlicensed, I believe.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;4089431;
    they

I thought Maloof looked much better on this episode. I was absolutely shocked when I saw Linda Thompson. I almost cried. She was always so beautiful - Elvis Presley's ex. She was very good to Elvis and the Memphis Mafia thought a lot of her. I can't believe she did that to herself. I just don't understand how they can't see what's happening to them.

Same thing with priscilla Presley -- her plastic surgeon was a quack and unlicensed, I believe.
    I had missed the name, but that was Linda Thompson? She was pretty and yes, it is sad. I think Adrienne could be pretty if she toned down the makeup and it would help immensely if any of her plastic surgery is in any way reversible. Her husband doesn't look much better, and looking at his face I would not go to him for plastic surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4089083;
    I'm not liking Camille after the 2nd show. She's a braggert and has an unfortunately naive sense of her own skills.

Not that he's much better...he's a babehound and will likely always go after the next youngest thing....Camille is probably too old for him at this point. I'm curious what the divorce settlement called for.
    I don't like her either. I wonder if the new york apartment she was furnishing this week's episode is the one that Kelsey and his girlfriend are now staying at. I had read that he had no prenup with her, so if true, that could potentially be quite a nice settlement. Not to mention she will probably also get an insane amount of child support.

I wonder if freakish plastic-surgery faces are the new standard of beauty among the rich and vain in California? Kinda of like women with perfectly fine boobs getting implants to get the "fake boob look." What else could explain how they not only accept these grotesque features ... but pay a lot of money to get the same look?

As for Kim, I agree that she's a total head case. Her defensive overreaction to the British husband's teasing makes me think she'd be an exhausting friend. But judging from the argument over the daughter spending the summer in Texas, her sister (Brooke Shields and Demi Moore combined) did subtly provoke her with the comment about sending the niece a private text. The teenager was the only mature one in that squabble.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4084756;
    Reg. the Grammers....when Kelsey was leaving, Camille said "I love you" but he did not say it in return. There did seem to be a little tension in that house.

The thing is about affairs.....I would bet hands down that ALL, and I mean ALL, the other husbands are sleeping around. In fact, they may even have their wives' permission to do so (apparently very commin on big money circles).

I just think that when people have so much money that they can have any pleasure in life, they will take it. Men, anyway. I hate to say it, but I do think women are more inclined to monogamy than men (as a general rule....there are always exceptions on both sides).
    Statistically (as of 2010), about 60% of married men cheat, and 50% of married women do - the numbers are nearly double from studies 10 years ago. Extrapolated: 53% of all married people cheat. And if they are cheating with married partners, up to 80% of American marriages have a cheating spouse at any given time.

The divorce rate in the U.S. is the highest in the Western world. Monogamy doesn't see to be our cup of tea anymore and only about 3% of cheating husbands who divorce actually marry their lovers.

These statistics are from the Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy, but if you Google a query like "number of spouses who cheat 2010," you will get numerous articles reporting similar numbers.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4089822;
    Statistically (as of 2010), about 60% of married men cheat, and 50% of married women do - the numbers are nearly double from studies 10 years ago. Extrapolated: 53% of all married people cheat. And if they are cheating with married partners, up to 80% of American marriages have a cheating spouse at any given time.

The divorce rate in the U.S. is the highest in the Western world. Monogamy doesn't see to be our cup of tea anymore and only about 3% of cheating husbands who divorce actually marry their lovers.

These statistics are from the Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy, but if you Google a query like "number of spouses who cheat 2010," you will get numerous articles reporting similar numbers.

Wow. Thanks for sharing this. The number of cheating women is far higher than I would have thought. I wonder which of the housewives are dabbling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4089083;
    I'm not liking Camille after the 2nd show. She's a braggert and has an unfortunately naive sense of her own skills.

Not that he's much better...he's a babehound and will likely always go after the next youngest thing....Camille is probably too old for him at this point. I'm curious what the divorce settlement called for.
    Kelsey has had one of the most tragic lives in Hollywood. Amazing how he got through it all. "In 1968, when Grammer was 13 years old, his father, whom he had seen only twice since his parents' divorce, was shot and killed on the front lawn of his home in the U.S. Virgin Islands. In 1975, his younger sister, Karen, was raped and murdered after being abducted outside a Red Lobster restaurant in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where her boyfriend worked. In 1980, his fraternal twin half-brothers were killed in a scuba diving accident. Grammer has sworn to prevent his sister's murderer, Freddie Lee Glenn, from being paroled; in July 2009, Glenn was denied parole at least in part due to a letter Grammer submitted to the parole board."

"Born on St. Thomas, one of the U.S. Virgin Islands. Following the shooting death of his father when he was a boy, he was raised in New Jersey and then Florida, by his mother and grandfather. His grandfather died before Grammer became a teen. When he was 20, his sister was abducted and violently murdered. Five years later, he lost two half brothers in a diving accident. As a young man, Grammer found comfort in Shakespeare; with his acting debut in a high school production of +The Little Foxes came an interest in pursuing drama as a career."

FORT Newbie

I'm digging this new set of 'Wives. I didn't think I would like these ladies but so far I'm enjoying this one more than Atlanta and DC. Yes the women are fake and ridiculous, but that's part of the fun to me. They are fake in a physical way, whereas a lot of the other housewives are just fake (ATLANTA, anyone???). I think this group will be fun.

I think Camille is a snooty b****.... like some of the stuff she says I can't believe she can even say it with a straight face!!! Who acts like that?? lol She's really just a nobody who got lucky and married a rich dude. It will be interesting to see how the divorce plays out.

[QUOTE=candor;4089708;]I wonder if freakish plastic-surgery faces are the new standard of beauty among the rich and vain in California? Kinda of like women with perfectly fine boobs getting implants to get the "fake boob look." What else could explain how they not only accept these grotesque features ... but pay a lot of money to get the same look?

That is exactly why I avoided this show at first.
    I have to see these people on a daily basis and it totally freaks me out!!

Obviously, my curiousity for the freakish has now taken over.

Can someone tell me when the Linda Thompson episode was on?
    I believe she had her surgery quite a while ago.
    I think I've only watched 1 episode, I think, so far.
    TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

[QUOTE=norealityhere;4091360;][B][I][B]
    Quote Originally Posted by candor;4089708;
    Can someone tell me when the Linda Thompson episode was on?
    I believe she had her surgery quite a while ago.
    I think I've only watched 1 episode, I think, so far.
    TIA
    She was on last week's episode. She wasn't "part" of the episode -- just shown on the screen for a few moments with one of the housewives. It was so shocking, particularly since she's not seen much normally. In fact, last time I saw her she looked like the old Linda Thompson just older, but this was absolute distortion. So sad.

+ Reply to Thread