+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 502 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134184 ... LastLast
Like Tree3014Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

thank you for this post. you said everything i was thinking, but too lazy to type, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4156583;
    If you read the producers' blog on the Bravo website, they clearly side with Kyle, so I tend to think that after spending 4 months following these women around, they have a pretty clear perspective of how things really went down. I doubt they would risk a libel suit by putting it out there that Kim is an alcoholic if it weren't true. However, as the viewers appear to now be strongly on Kim's side if their poll is to be believed (71-29 in Kim's favor), it seems they also clearly underestimated the public's tendency to side with the underdog, even if she is an alcoholic.

My take on the sisters is that both have a lot of resentment towards the other because of their highly dysfunctional childhood, and much of that resentment could probably be laid at their mother's feet, but since she is dead, they are blaming each other, even if they don't acknowledge/realize it. Kim resents that while she was working to support her family, she lost out on a normal childhood, which seems to have saddled her with the social anxiety, awkwardness and retardation she now suffers from, which perhaps in her mind is also responsible for her poor choices in husbands and lack of ability to sustain female friendships, all of which her sister has managed to excell at. Perhaps unconciously she has resisted getting help with her drinking problem, which I suspect has been going on for years, as a way of "paying back"/punishing Kyle by now guilting her into cleaning up Kim's messes.

Kyle OTOH is clearly resentful of having to bail out Kim and cover up for her (until now). If Mauricio has been helping to financially support Kim every month, even though according to reports, Kim received substantial alimony/child support for years (and perhaps pissed a lot of it away due to her lifestyle choices) and shouldn't have needed it, we have no idea how much of a strain that may have put on Kyle's marriage, which she obviously cherishes. Unfortunately as a result, Kyle has chosen, whether wittingly or unwittingly, to take out her frustration directly on Kim with her digs and belittlement, which only serve to further weaken Kim's already tenuous ability to cope with life on her own.

I sincerely hope that if any good comes out of the Richards sisters' appearance on this show, it is that they both get therapy to work out their extremely complicated family issues.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4162748;
    Yes there is a very real difference between a person who drinks & an alcoholic. An alcoholic needs to drink where a drinker doesn't.
    That was my point, though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;4161772;
    My sons are now grown men..but when they were young, I taught them to always stand up for each other. In the privacy of our home..you can disagree and even occasionally even come to blows (as boys will do). However..in public..one brother is always to stand with the other...no matter what...even if he's wrong. That's what they did...and I'm proud of them.

That's right - I always quote Michael Corleone - "you can't go against the family".

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4162856;
    Kim is also a big girl & could have called a cab to take her home if that is what she wanted.
    But that's exactly the problem. Kim is not, nor does she act like, a big girl. Unless you knew, no one would think that Kim was the oldest. Kyle always takes on the parental role and Kim seems happy to let it be that way. She couldn't go directly against Kyle's wishes. She hasn't the self confidence to do so. When really pushed to the wall (like in the limo) Kim will fight back but she knows she'll never win against Kyle. They each know their roles and they continue to play them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4162791;
    I was also angry that Kyle told their agent to call the limo and prevent Kim from leaving, however, I think it was probably the producers who told her to do it.
    On another note, it cracks me up that these people have to bring "Their People" to dial the phone for them or whatever mundane task that needs doing. Made me wonder, did her agent/assistant program the phone number of the valet service in her phone, just in case?? I mean, who has the phone number of the valet service at a party?? Maybe it's a common thing to call ahead when it time to leave so that these Very Important People don't have to wait long for their car with the rest of the hoi polloi.
    (or maybe I just don't get out very often and this is normal)

TheDragonLady, I thought having her agent call was just so Kyle could say that it wasn't her that called and prevented Kim from leaving. No, but she told someone else to do it. She was already making her story straight for the argument.

Who knows how it was set up, but the times that I have had a limo, they drive you there and wait at the location for you to go somewhere else or to take you home. They are yours for the evening. I guess that's why Adrienne and her friend were riding around with Kim in the limo. Maybe Kim needed a friend to talk to.

Didn't it seem very odd the way the cameras kept showing the men looking over at something at the party. They were implying that the men were looking at the ladies in their discussion, but it just seemed so fake. Almost like the wildlife nature films where they show a deer running in one scene and the next scene there is a wolf running and they are from different locations and times, but they are trying to portray the wolf chasing the deer. LOL Creative drama production I guess. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4164855;
    Didn't it seem very odd the way the cameras kept showing the men looking over at something at the party. They were implying that the men were looking at the ladies in their discussion, but it just seemed so fake. Almost like the wildlife nature films where they show a deer running in one scene and the next scene there is a wolf running and they are from different locations and times, but they are trying to portray the wolf chasing the deer. LOL Creative drama production I guess. LOL
    Now that you mention it, that's exactly the way it seemed. I wonder if Kim was in on it, too, or was she the gazelle getting clobbered by the lion?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

It may well have been Taylor's birthday. However, the party was a wrap party for the show. If you notice everyone that's been on the show this season, was at the party. The only exception was Camille's brigade.

FORT Fan

Kyle was on Regis and Kelly - it was like she was doing "damage control" before the reunion show airs (clips have Camille and her arguing) There is a lot we dont see - but, no one tells them what to say, thats what they put out there - yes production can get tears, can orchestrate functions - but they still who they are...

What's confusing is Kim's back story - why does she believe Kyle stole her home? did Kim's acting money go to the family in the early years?

I went to a convention where I met Blair from the Facts of Life - Lisa Welchel... she just put out a book and she talked about how she was on this great show, but her words were written for her, her situations were solved in 22 min - in real life she didnt know how to really function socially, how in those junior high years when all the "drama" happens, there is a learning curve - but I think Kim is like Lisa Welchel in that as a child actor, she missed a lot of learning...

add to that her 4 marriages, I get the feeling that one or two of her ex husbands took her money, or left her without money...

money is a big issue with these 2 - that's sad, and more than should be put out there for our "amusement" They need counseling, and maybe AA (and Al Anon as well)

I think show business just really screws up people and not in a good way. Childhood/teen years are hard enough but to not live in a normal world like so many child actors did/do, how can you possibly turn out normal??
    Look what happens to adults who are famous. After years and years of people telling them how great they are, they start to believe it and act that way.
    As for the mystery surrounding the house that Kyle stole from Kim, I don't think Bravo is letting anything out about it so we'll stay tuned to find out more.

I do believe that Kyle loves her sister but her anger and resentment is almost palpable and it seems difficult to Kyle to suppress it for very long. It just keeps simmering until she loses it. Sometimes I think Kim doesn't even understand why Kyle is so angry.
    Kim is somewhat a mess of a human being but pretty harmless. Kyle needs help in dealing with her out of control resentment.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4160708;
    That is the whole point with addiction, you need to stop enabling the addiction. I am imagining Kyle is financially supporting Kim.

I hope no one thinks I am terrible but I really had no choice but to file for divorce. I tried for 25 year to sober this man/child up. I quite frankly was too afraid that he would get into an accident & I would lose everything I worked for.
    I cut him off while his father kept fueling his addiction. After our divorce was final, he totaled 14 cars in a parking lot. He was forced by his employers into therapy & he checked himself out after 10 days. From what I have heard he has been to therapy 3 or 4 times & always checks himeslf out.
    PA Bunny...anyone who thinks you are terrible has no idea about addiction or getting healthy for yourself. My bestfriend is a barely functioning alcoholic. I stopped talking to her for a few years. We recently started talking again. I still hear about how I turned my back on her. In her sober moments she understands..in her non-sober ones it is feel sorry for me time.
    That is how I see some of Kim and Kyle's relationship. It seems to me that Kim is one of those people that drains everything out of you and still wants more. JMO that if your Daughter is Paris and you are embarrassed by things that Kim does..it must be pretty bad at times. LOL

+ Reply to Thread