+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 518 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167 ... LastLast
Like Tree3133Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4141509;
    Does anyone know the time line of the show because last night Camille stated something about going to the TONY's and they are always in June. So this series was all before June? I thought they showed us previews of her in a beautiful red dress that she was wearing to the Tony's and yet we have not actually seen that epi? And last night Camille was telling someone that she is hearing less and less from Kelsey ... ?

I saw this on WIKI:
    On June 14, 2010, Donatacci and Grammer appeared together at the Tony Awards. It was announced on July 1, 2010 that Donatacci had filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences. About five weeks later, it was announced that Kelsey had a new girlfriend, Kayte Walsh and she was pregnant. Unfortunately, Kayte had a miscarriage, which was announced in October.

Kayte is a 29-year-old stewardess for Virgin Atlantic Airways. She is 26 years younger than Kelsey. The two met on a flight to New York, before Kelsey had started divorce proceedings from Camille.

The red dress was when she was shopping for dresses to wear to the Tony's. And actually, I think she picked a different dress for the Tony's, that shortish black and white poofy thing you sometimes see her wear when they introduce her scenes?

I imagine they started filming in the spring, because about the 3rd episode in was Easter. When they were in Palm Springs and Lisa brought that giant chocolate bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;4141166;
    Camille is still thinking all of the other women are jealous of her because none of them thought to bring their bikinis along for a tennis party.
    Camille is very much aware that she has an extremely good body...not going thru pregnancy certainly helps with that!! She knew exactly what she was doing by putting on her swimsuit. That's why the women don't like her. We've all known women like that who break the Woman Code and flaunts herself in front of other women's husbands. It's not that Kyle is jealous/insecure about Camille. It's a normal reaction to be cautious around snakes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;4141166;
    I loved Kyle's party. and FATBURGER!!!!
    Did anyone hear Taylor say she was going to get some sushi and then ask another wife if she was eating tonight?? Like it's common knowledge among them that sometimes they don't eat....at all!! let alone a Fatburger. Taking one bite is not eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4141223;
    If Kyle is insecure, my guess is it's only because her husband is a real estate agent (or broker, don't know which) which is a very tough business right now. She certainly doesn't have anything to be jealous about regarding her husband because Mauricio clearly adores her --- although yes, I've also noticed his wandering eye several times on the show. A couple of times on the Las Vegas episode and now again last night.
    I think Mauricio is just a man who really enjoys looking at beautiful women. I think with him, it is just looking/appreciating because he seems to love Kyle and she seems to be someone who would work hard to keep her marriage happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4141223;
    It was sooooo sad watching Taylor sadly watching everyone having a great time at the party -- and especially watching Kyle and Mauricio flirting with each other. I don't know if she knew what she was getting into with Russell when she married him, but I'm sure she hoped he would be affectionate and romantic with her. He obviously is not
    I think Taylor made a deal with the devil (Russell), agreeing to marry him because of all the perks (and maybe she loved him) but in turn, had to settle for a somewhat loveless marriage. I think a man can handle that kind of relationship but women need much more affection. I feel badly for her.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4141338;
    NOPE, Taylor is far from a gold digger ... she has her own career.

Taylor Armstrong – Founder/President. Mrs. Armstrong is the co-founder and President of eImplement, Inc., a management consulting firm specializing in ERP solutions for SAP and Oracle, IT Infrastructure Planning and Content Management. The primary goal of eImplement is to further empower Fortune 1000 companies to better utilize their existing tools through strategic planning and upgrades in core modules and sub areas such as COPA, COGS and Dynamic Forecasting. Mrs. Armstrong is a partner of Patchi Chocolate USA, a founding shareholder of FamilyFilter.com and a Director of Crescent Financial Partners, Inc., (this is Russell's company) a Los Angeles based private merchant banking firm. Prior to launching her entrepreneurial career, Mrs. Armstrong worked as a Sales Representative for both Pfizer Pharmaceuticals and Medtronic. Mrs. Armstrong is an active supporter of the 1736 Family Crisis Center, b InTune Foundation, Big Brothers and Sisters and United Friends of the Children
    I don't know ....maybe I'm being too hard on Taylor but this whole resume sounds a little off to me. How do you go from being a sales rep for pharmaceutical company to being president of such a different type of company?? Not that I understand much of the resume since it's all in initials and in big words that may or may not say anything at all. Being a drug company rep is not a difficult job to get. Look at all the past Bachelors and Bachelorettes that are reps.
    Or maybe I'm just a pessimist about these women. I'm not saying a woman can't run a company more advanced than her experience but I'm just not buying it with Taylor.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 01-08-2011 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4141278;
    I missed the first few minutes, but I didn't understand why Kyle would ask the Frenchman at a happy occasion in public about a childhood she knew had been extremely painful.
    I think that was the producers' idea. She had this odd look on her face when she leaned over Lisa to ask such a personal question among all the hubbub and noise going on at the table. Usually you would ask that question when just the two of you were alone. He almost had to shout his answer about being the son of a prostitute and all that he endured. Who does that??
    I think the producers wanted his background to come out but very odd timing, I think.
    I love this show!! Makes the National Enquirer seem like Readers' Digest.

Taylor's business connections and her company are suspect IMHO. Everything I see about her "business" is superficial, including the websites I looked at. I do think she has the positions stated, but wonder if there's really any business being transacted.

I believe if Taylor had a decent income of her own, she'd leave that Armstrong thing in a hurry. He clearly does not value her, even with plastic surgery (her lips are a huge mistake, and I think she knows it). Well, I just don't believe her business is anything at all- and Bravo usually outs people on that kind of thing. Only a matter of time.

I feel sorry for her but hate the subterfuge.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I think the business is real.
    There are many SAP businesses out there providing ERP solutions.

I think that Taylor is extremely insecure. She seems like she's trapped in the life she so struggled to craft for herself. Very sad to watch her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4142768;
    I think the business is real.
    There are many SAP businesses out there providing ERP solutions.

I think that Taylor is extremely insecure. She seems like she's trapped in the life she so struggled to craft for herself. Very sad to watch her.
    For all my limited knowledge, you could be right about Taylor. In fact, I hope you are because I'd like to think she is more than what is presented on the show. Something just doesn't ring true about her resume nor does she portray a woman with other projects like being president of a company. I definitely see the career side of Adrienne and even Lisa (admittedly, only a part time effort with Lisa.) With Kyle and Kim, I see that their main focus is family and home with various charitable activities. Camille's main focus is Camille...full time job.

Taylor's life seems empty and void. You can devote only so much time to one child, to having theme parties, etc. She is missing the confidence of a woman who held those jobs. She looks lost and thinks if her marriage was better then everything else would be fine. Unfortunately, Russell knows this and plays on it. He's a controlling kind of man.
    If she were as sucessful as her resume says, she'd be confident and would be handling Russell. As it is, Russell is handling her. She's given him all the power.

It could very well be that she's pres. of the company.
    I just think there are a lot of people, both men and women, who are extremely insecure, credentials or not.
    From everything we've seen of Taylor, she presents as extremely insecure, so the fact that she takes a backseat to Russell is not at all surprising, IMO. Just sad.
    She seems to have worked overtime in her life to create herself a new persona - new name, face, etc.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I've been suspicious of Taylor's companies,too. Mainly because she appears to have quite a bit of free time and also because Bravo hasn't shown her at work or dealing with any of these jobs like they have the other women. She just seems to be this wannabe Beverly Hills wife that may have the money, husband,house etc, but is still striving to 'fit in'.

Didn't I read somewhere that Russell had filed for chapter 11 or something last year? Is this true? If so, maybe the salary (and extra salary that can be made from becoming famous as a 'housewife') is why he's allowed their family to be on this show, because otherwise he doesn't seem interested at all.

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix1;4143537;
    I've been suspicious of Taylor's companies,too. Mainly because she appears to have quite a bit of free time and also because Bravo hasn't shown her at work or dealing with any of these jobs like they have the other women. She just seems to be this wannabe Beverly Hills wife that may have the money, husband,house etc, but is still striving to 'fit in'.

Didn't I read somewhere that Russell had filed for chapter 11 or something last year? Is this true? If so, maybe the salary (and extra salary that can be made from becoming famous as a 'housewife') is why he's allowed their family to be on this show, because otherwise he doesn't seem interested at all.
    He filed in '06, claiming he had less than $50K in assests & owed from $1-10 Million.
    Then they must be renting the house they live in because it's well over $1M in BH, So Cal. and you'd need more than $50K for a down payment. Of course, maybe by now, he's recouped a lot of what he lost to pay for all they seem to pay for!

Taylor may be a president of a company (in name only?) but she just does not have the demeanor of someone in charge of anything. She doesn't even act like she's in charge with her own daughter. I just don't believe it. All her "positions" could be for tax purposes only.

FORT Fogey

Taylor's businesses seem "thin". I'm guessing they are real, but they don't sound "substantial" at all.

I don't know anything about domestic abuse but what I've heard is that the cycle tends to repeat itself from generation to generation. Russell isn't physically abusive - nor do I think he's inherently emotionally abusive - but, put the two of them together and it ain't good. He wields some sort of psychological power over Taylor, and she sits back and takes it like a lap dog.

Taylor's selection of a partner and her submissiveness to him seem to suggest that she is living the life she was raised to know, i.e. the one of her mother (likely to a less extreme degree of wierdness, though). Or, maybe their arrangement is just old school - the guy is in charge (like the Duggars).

Or....Taylor could just be acting the part for screen time (which wouldn't surprise me a bit).

I'm still on the fence about her. If she could break the Russell-spell (assuming it's real), she could do great things - and be a pretty admirable woman.

Sidenote: I could really care less if a person - male or female - marries for a Beverly Hills zip code or other form of financial gain. As I get older and the rose-colored glasses tend to lose their luster, I see the world in a much more practical way. There is an expression in real esate - everything is negotiable as long as there is full disclosure. Same applies to a marriage and household.

I think this is my biggest beef with Camille....she probably played a good game of "love and marriage" with poor old messed up Kelsey. However, at the end of the day, all she really wanted was his money and lifestyle. And this (and 30-50 million) is why I don't feel any sympathy for her despite the miserable way in which Kelsey handled the situation.

In contrast to Camille and Kelsey, I'd put money on the idea that Russell and Taylor had a good understanding of each other's goals going into the marriage. Whether they said it out loud is another matter, but I'll be they were on the same page (Russell gets trophy wife; Taylor gets rich husband).

+ Reply to Thread