+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 500 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Like Tree3002Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4130353;
    LMAO!!! - Anglo..... too funny! Thanks for the laugh.

I wouldn't pay a nickle for those ridiculous looking Louboutin shoes even if I could afford them. Who can even walk in those things???

I believe in buying well made shoes that are COMFORTABLE!!!

Does anyone know know what Housewives series comes on next? I don't watch Atlanta or OC but do watch the rest of them.
    1) Being a guy I couldn't possibly walk in them. They look like very pretty pain devices. I think straight men like to see women in heels though.

2) I would imagine OC; I hope so at least. The sunshine brightens our Februaries.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;4130388;
    Well isn't he clever (and rich!)
    Yes, the shoes cost $80 for the leather and hand labour and $600 for the snob value. But it does show the value of going with your instinct even if it seems crazy and nobody's ever done it before.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4130407;
    I rewatched the dinner party while waitiing for 60 Minutes to come on.
    While I couldn't stand the psychic or Camille, I do think that Faye really provoked all the drama and I do think that Kyle fueled it. I'm by no means absolving Allison, but Faye should have just not said anything.
    But, then, I guess it wouldn't have been one of my fave scenes on the HW's shows!!
    Yes, you're right - it's like how the US and the Soviet Union used South and North Vietnam; Faye was Kyle's proxy and the alleycat Cammy's. Except of course the minor conflict lasted what - two seconds - before the major powers piled in.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;4130433;
    In my opinion, Faye was fired upon first by the Hostess with the Mostess, Camille, in order to get this "dinner party" going. She defended herself as she should have.
    Not to disagree, or not totally, but Faye was attacked with the "oh, you're the sleazy famewhore who stripped for pawing men in Playboy" comment which was dripping with condescension, in return, AFAIR, she was quiet (the panther began its prowl through the jungle but its fangs weren't quite bared); it was only when Faye called Cammy and the alleycat liars that things took off.

Did you notice how Faye's attack was really damaging to the alleycat - very subtle! The alleycat is, in essence, a jester, an employee of the Grammars and therefore not quite on Cammy's exalted level. So Faye noted that chink in the armor the pair threw up (mainly consisting in being strange, with that strange dawling way of speaking, that pseudo-calm demeanor) and went after it with a well-aimed switchblade by declaring that the alleycat really wasn't such a good friend as she thought.

Did you notice that Cammy was annoyed at being called a liar, but the alleycat honed in on "so you're saying we're not good girlfriends?" That must have crumbled her psychic cake as her low status was deftly pointed out and she was trapped into repeating it over and over (because, let's face it, she spends so much time talking to dead people she can't find time to develop her intellect, can the poor thing; I loved what the Maloof said).

Lisa, Kyle and the others should have backed off the moment the psycho said she was "off the clock". Besides being rude in continuing to pander to her unGiftedness, it would have had Camille scrambling to get her back ON the clock. Oh, but that's what the ginormous drinks were all about.
    Yes! I agree totally.

Of course, it also underlined the alleycat's court jester status - nobody suggested that Lisa cater the dinner, the Maloof host the dinner, or Kim or Kyle entertain for the dinner. Only the jester was called on to perform, and when the jester dared to ask for a bit of silver to cross her palm (and drop in), that gave Kyle great umbrage. How dare the jester expect to be paid! Why, it's a priviledge just to be in our company for her. Lisa had made that point earlier ("Who are you again? Well, isn't that nice, you have a little show. I must have the servants tell me about it") and I'm sure that wasn't lost on the alleycat.

You can imagine her ruminating and obsessing on it as she got drunker and drunker.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4130528;
    I sort of agree with this. I like Kyle, but she needs to realize and accept that she'll need to restrain herself and rise above to make this work.

Although, my take is that Camille thought she would be the top-dog in the pack since day one, and when Kyle came around with her great personality, humor, family, husband, friends, etc. she felt she had to put Kyle in her place. She did this by overreacting to Kyle's unfortunate wording back in Vegas.

I do think Kyle is a bit of an instigator without realizing it. She's one of those people who create drama unwittingly because that is what they are accustomed to.
    Did you love how in NY Kim said to Kyle "You need to remember your place!" I thought that sounded so medieval.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4130579;
    Both Kyle and Faye were clearly enjoying the situation and contributing to it's downward spiral. Kyle clealry provoked the situation by blathering on about wanting a reading from the medium. An adult with class would have simply not done that. But, Kyle wanted so to start something. Kyle strikes me as cruel, self-absorbed and lacking in any kindness, especially toward her sister, who seems to be nothing more to her than an emotional piņata Kyle bats around for her own amusement. Her behavior, IMO, is no better than Camille's.
    Perhaps more depressing for being more stupid. I really think Kyle loves to start things but doesn't really consider the consequences - she lights fires and wonders why she gets burnt. And she and her sister hate each other. Kim resents Kyle for being younger, prettier and for having taken yet another bit of their parents' attention away from her, Kyle resents having to take care of the waif that is her older sister.

As for Faye, she isn't exactly a paragon of good taste herself-she did write a book about `her best friend' Nicole Simpson, thus cashing in on her murder. She did in fact pose for Playboy during the promotion of said book. All of these things she did by benefiting from the murder of `her best friend.' She certainly added fuel to the fire at the dinner party by adding her two cents whenever possible.
    She had the lid of her gas can unscrewed on the limo ride over.

None of these women came across as classy or sophisticated or lady like [(although I give Kim a pass because she just seems so beaten down and lacking in self- esteem). If she had any self-esteem she wouldn't have called her sister after her sister ditched her. The whole 'it's a two hour delay excuse was such a slap in the face in the way it was handled-geesh, could one of the woman at least have offered to hang out with Kim so that she didn't feel like such an after-thought to her sister?
    I will give LaLisa and the Maloof a ladylike label. LaLisa seemed to be trying to get everyone to calm down (=shut up) and the Maloof kept her mouth shut, the lid on her gas can closed, and probably did herself out of a second season. Which she doesn't need.

Just because you have money doesn't mean it can buy you class and manners-this episode proved that.
    Sounds like La Contessa's anthem.

I really like Kim. While she does come accross as a bundle of nerves and no confidence, I think staying away from her sister would do wonders for her.

Lisa is still my favorite. I love her little comments.

i can't stand kim and i don't have the same sympathy others do for her . . . . if i was kyle, i would prob be pretty mean to kim too, lol, she's annoying, whiny and clingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4130754;
    I really like Kim. While she does come accross as a bundle of nerves and no confidence, I think staying away from her sister would do wonders for her.

Lisa is still my favorite. I love her little comments.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4130713;
    Yes, the shoes cost $80 for the leather and hand labour and $600 for the snob value. But it does show the value of going with your instinct even if it seems crazy and nobody's ever done it before.
    Oh trust me I would love to own a pair of Louboutins, Jimmy Choos or Manolo's but at $600+ that's a mortgage payment so I am more of a Payless girl myself of which I own alot of. Hey I'm a shoe girl with the firm belief that a woman can never have enough pairs of black shoes.

I just thought of something that would really be funny. Now that Kelsey is living in New York wouldn't it be ironic of his new love interest of the moment was cast as a Real Housewife of New York? Can you imagine having both of the on Andy Cohen at the same time???

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;4130273;
    Kelsey Grammer was just on the Wendy Williams show - he brought along his wife and had her sitting in the front row of the audience and introduced her to the world. I'll bet Camille is just seething right now after seeing that! I love it!
    Score 100 points for Kelsey
    That was an old show from September. Was she his wife at that time? They were both dressed like upscale bums, I thought. I know he didn't file for divorce until July, and Camille was looking for millions in settlement, so I'd be surprised if he was divorced by early September.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread