+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 501 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast
Like Tree3011Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4128928;
    Did anyone notice how, at the very beginning of the dinner party scenes, when Camille was first talking to her friends about the tv show The Medium --- she very casually tossed off the comment that "WE produce it." Well, I just checked and WE don't produce it Camille, your ex-husband Kelsey was one of the executive producers. That's like someone married to a doctor saying "Oh we're doctors," or someone married to an astronaut saying "Oh, we went up into space."
    Hmmmm... interesting. And that makes sense. Why would someone with Kelsey's experience in the entertainment world, and with his connections, even need her in the picture 'helping' at all? Sounds like 'we' need a new job now that Kelsey's taken his marbles and gone to play with his new partner du jour.

Oh, and one more thing about that medium : If she really didn't want to talk about her 'gift', then why were she,Camille, and DD sooo eager to practically announce it when the other women arrived? It was practically the first thing out of their mouths. You could tell Lisa was taken aback by it all and just managed to murmer,'' Well I'll have to manage to watch it" Which I thought was funny because it let Allison subtly but politely know it wasn't that important to her. I love Lisa's class!

Allison was practically snarling by the time the BH ladies were scampering away. She was accusing Kyle of being the 'mean girl' type like back in school, but I actually thought Allison reminded me of girls who were not popular but just mean. As in, saying things that might be hurtful to someone to get a reaction and attention-- positive,negative, whatever as long as it was attention.

Did anyone notice how, at the very beginning of the dinner party scenes, when Camille was first talking to her friends about the tv show The Medium --- she very casually tossed off the comment that "WE produce it." Well, I just checked and WE don't produce it Camille, your ex-husband Kelsey was one of the executive producers. That's like someone married to a doctor saying "Oh we're doctors," or someone married to an astronaut saying "Oh, we went up into space."
    Yes, I sure noticed that also and had a good laugh at her proprietary manner about it. Camille goes to great lengths to prove (in her own mind) how she is so much more than just the wife of Kelsey Grammar, something none of us really care about. It seems to be important to her though.

On another note, I had a good laugh at Adrienne's husband and his broken nose. He sure wanted a lot of sympathy, even though I felt he was already over the top with the bandage and the splints he had up his nose.
    I've had my nose broken 3 times, once as a kid and twice as an adult (when training in karate). Never have I had a bandage or splints. Not much you can do with a broken nose, unless you opt to have surgery for it.
    Given Adrienne's lack of displays of affection for her husband, maybe he was just begging for some attention from her which is totally understandable. Poor guy.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4128986;
    Yes, I sure noticed that also and had a good laugh at her proprietary manner about it. Camille goes to great lengths to prove (in her own mind) how she is so much more than just the wife of Kelsey Grammar, something none of us really care about. It seems to be important to her though.

On another note, I had a good laugh at Adrienne's husband and his broken nose. He sure wanted a lot of sympathy, even though I felt he was already over the top with the bandage and the splints he had up his nose.
    I've had my nose broken 3 times, once as a kid and twice as an adult (when training in karate). Never have I had a bandage or splints. Not much you can do with a broken nose, unless you opt to have surgery for it.
    Given Adrienne's lack of displays of affection for her husband, maybe he was just begging for some attention from her which is totally understandable. Poor guy.
    I can't help it, I DO feel sorry for Adrienne's husband. She can try and explain it away all she wants, but she IS mean to him and very demeaning to him, and treats him like a bothersome child. It really bothers me because I can sort of see the two of them potentially being a great couple and having a great relationship --- but she is squandering it --- and to me, being put down all the time is NOT being in a great relationship. You know, I don't care how rich one is, it is not that easy to find someone that one can have a great relationship with, and it just seems to me that one should nurture it and treasure it if that person has one, or even has the possibility of one!

Camille - total setup, having 2 of her friends there with her. (Btw, the only real friends in her life happen to be on her payroll? That's sad, and says a lot about you.) She was hacked off that Kyle brought someone with her as well, because she wanted Kyle to suffer. Camille totally threw the first punch in insulting a guest of hers and the friend of Kyle. Classless act that shows it all. And btw, that "every woman is jealous of me" bit is really annoying and should be left in junior high where it belongs.

Kyle - smart lady that allowed herself to be provoked. She knew better, and it didn't take a genius to figure out that the "psychic" friend of Camille's would target you. You have issues with your sister that are most unbecoming to you. You have established that the BH are "your friends that you sometimes let Kim play with". To insist that Kim go home alone after the drama that had just ensued was a total bitch move. Then to refuse to answer the phone and roll those eyes while saying disgustedly "Oh, it's Kiiiiiim" showed your character as well. You stated that the 2 hour detour was the reason, but after ignoring her calls you happily suggested everyone else go out for drinks. You may be further up on the class train than Camille, but that ain't saying much.

Lisa and Adrienne - what else could you do while the drama was unfolding? However later you should have spoken up about Kim being sent off alone when everyone else got to vent together. Or at least made sure Kim was included in the drinks invitation.

Taylor - cannot stand this "cover my ass" loser. Every time Kim points out that Taylor was involved in the airport scene and had that few minutes alone with Camille to stir things up again, she loses it instead of owning her part and moving on. Then Kyle takes Taylor's part instead of her sister (who is telling the truth, btw) and Taylor wins double again.

Kim - yes, she is socially awkward, however she should know that her sister would back her up, especially when she's right. I do feel for her, it's been made clear to her that Kyle has claimed these women as "hers" and Kim is only allowed in on certain occasions. I wish she'd try to have relationships that have nothing to do with her sister.

The Guests:
    DD - what a horrible position to be in. Your job demands that you back the bitch or find other employment. Wish you had a backbone and stood up for yourself and truth instead of the paycheck. Btw, the only one jealous of Camille is Camille. She is jealous of what she thinks she portrays, because she knows the actual truth and it kills her.

Faye Resnick - I don't know anything about her except what I saw on the episode, which I think may be a plus. So, here it goes ... she comported herself admirably. She was not bringing attention to herself in any way until she was fired upon by the "hostess". She defended herself, then when her friend was also attacked, defended her as well. As far as I'm concerned, she was one of the few adults there.

Allison - what a joke. She did more harm to herself than she probably even realizes. She was brought in by Camille to bring drama and she delivered, however she unknowingly revealed what a fake she was. Her "reading" of Kyle applied to Camille and everyone now knows it. Her over the top behavior with that snark and the cigarette drama underlined her juvenile character. The comments she made about the women missing a child and see who they run to for help was over the top horrible. This is not a woman I'd ask for help regardless of the situation, she's just too evil.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

Actually Camille is part owner of Grammnet Productions, the production company that provided the financial/business support for the show, hence the executive producer credit which typically goes to the president of a production company, not everyone (See Wiki). Drawing on the analogy above, Kelsey and Camille would be owners of a medical clinic, not the doctors or clinic directors. It would be their clinic since they own it, but Kelsey would be the public face of the clinic due to his background.

The dinner party-
    Alison- She was vile when she wasn't drunk. Camille made it known she's horrible when she drinks and that's why Camille made certian there was plenty of alcohol and that the glasses were as big as boats. She wanted a clash and probably fueled Alison with things about Kyle so that when she was good and snockered she would go after Kyle. And I agree with the person who said that Camille and Alison made it well known over and over that she was a medium and could tell interesting things about others , but then to play it off as "oh i'm not on the clock" was stupid. They wanted the girls to ask about it. Bait bait bait Both of them are horrible people and I can't believe Alison would say stuff like "I know how you will die and what will happen to your family". That's just evil and hateful.

Kyle- I like her but she's not perfect. She treats her sister like crap and makes her the scapegoat for everything. She goes on and on about Kim not backing her up, but she never backs up Kim in anything and leads others into treating her badly. Concerning the Camille/Allison interaction I think she defended herself in a stupid situation. But she also came in defensive.

Camille saying she doesn't have a problem with Kyle is a lie. She says Kyle is jealous of her, but I think she is jealous of Kyle and that's her problem...... She knew her marriage was faltering and Kyle and her hubby are VERY affectionate.

On another note, I like Adrienne and I think she's the most normal. But she also reminds me of Rainbow Brite.

Quote Originally Posted by mina;4129268;
    The dinner party-
    Alison- She was vile when she wasn't drunk. Camille made it known she's horrible when she drinks and that's why Camille made certian there was plenty of alcohol and that the glasses were as big as boats. She wanted a clash and probably fueled Alison with things about Kyle so that when she was good and snockered she would go after Kyle. And I agree with the person who said that Camille and Alison made it well known over and over that she was a medium and could tell interesting things about others , but then to play it off as "oh i'm not on the clock" was stupid. They wanted the girls to ask about it. Bait bait bait Both of them are horrible people and I can't believe Alison would say stuff like "I know how you will die and what will happen to your family". That's just evil and hateful.
    I'm still stunned and in shock about Allison Dubois.
    Having watched Medium, I had read about her, read one of her books and enjoy Medium. To see this wicked, mean drunk woman really threw me. I might even have understood better if she had been defending herself, but not someone when she wasn't even there!!
    I can never read another of her books or believe that she is a psychic.
    If she does get thoughts and feelings, she needs to adjust her antenna because that was Camille's husband she described, not Kyle's!!

Mom2, you've written a very good description of all the Housewives on the last episode. You nailed them all.

Aren't they just deliciously awful?!!!!
    I love every dysfunctional minute of it!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;4129064;
    To insist that Kim go home alone after the drama that had just ensued was a total bitch move. Then to refuse to answer the phone and roll those eyes while saying disgustedly "Oh, it's Kiiiiiim" showed your character as well. You stated that the 2 hour detour was the reason, but after ignoring her calls you happily suggested everyone else go out for drinks. You may be further up on the class train than Camille, but that ain't saying much.
    Just for the record, and to be fair to the other ladies, Kim lives in Westlake, about a half hour from Camille's house, and all of the other ladies live in BH, over a half hour in the total opposite direction, very close to each other. I can see why they all didn't want to share a car with Kim UNLESS Kim was willing to let all of the other ladies be dropped off in BH first --- and then Kim would still have to go all the way home alone -- only now, with the detour, it would end up being a 2 hour ride alone, instead of just a half hour ride. (When Kim was looking for a house to rent Kyle kept asking her why she wanted to live so far away from everyone else --- so now she has to suffer the consequences.)

But yes, Kyle was b*tchy when Kim called her in the limo, and yes, Kyle should have at least asked Kim if she wanted to go out for drinks with them all. And if Kyle really wanted to be a sweet sister, she could've invited Kim to spend the night at her home, and that would've solved the problem. . .

+ Reply to Thread