+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3126Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I watched two of them. I like the science aspect. One woman went to Tijuana because her mother said surgery was cheap there. They put a block of ice on her stomach and did not use anesthesia.....horrific.

I think both Paul and Terry are excellent surgeons. But being an excellent surgeon does not make someone an excellent person...I know that from a relative that worked in surgery. I do not find Terry interesting.
    Plastic surgeons kind of fascinate me in general. The emphasis on physical beauty through surgery is something I don't get...its Frankenstein-ish.

On the other hand, there is often more to the profession than that. Whether its restorative surgery after an injury or boob job, there does seem to be an element at play about just wanting to help people improve their quality of life.

So Adrienne is coming back to the show!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

I never liked her (Adrienne)...so... BH might be scratched from my must-watch list.
    sparklete likes this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Plastic surgeons kind of fascinate me in general. The emphasis on physical beauty through surgery is something I don't get...its Frankenstein-ish.

On the other hand, there is often more to the profession than that. Whether its restorative surgery after an injury or boob job, there does seem to be an element at play about just wanting to help people improve their quality of life.
    Dubrow probably is a good surgeon, based upon his apparently huge income. I doubt there's any element of wanting to help or improve the quality of life.... looks like it's all about money and status and power for Dubrow.

I don't get the surgery craze at all.
    Fo'Realz? likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Anyone see Taylor's wedding on David Tuterro's Wedding Show? I don't there's a thread on him. It was SO bizarre! I think David called Taylor crazy...oh....maybe 35 times in one hour! lol She was a real witch to the guy and he was only trying to give her a beautiful wedding. It turned out great! Wedding guests included Lisa and Ken Vanderpump, Kyle and Portia, Adrienne Maloof and Paul who were SEPARATE at the ceremony.

Didn't Taylor marry her divorce attorney? Oh, her husband announced that he had adopted Taylor's daugther Kennedy at the ceremony.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    So Adrienne is coming back to the show!
    Ugh, that would not be good news, IMO.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Dubrow probably is a good surgeon, based upon his apparently huge income. I doubt there's any element of wanting to help or improve the quality of life.... looks like it's all about money and status and power for Dubrow.

I don't get the surgery craze at all.
    I don't really get it either, Prism - at least not in the cases of the elective surgery frequent-fliers and habitual-tweakers - I mean - there is a particular "look" that they all seem to end up with (even when all the work that they get is well done), and it's not a good look, IMO.
    Paul's ex, Adrienne Maloof, is one example. Goodness knows that she has always had the money and access to see the best of the best in the field ... but I find the "end product" quite mask-ish and rather off-putting.

I concede that Terry Dubrow is skillful, and I appreciate that skill, especially when the cases are reparative or reconstructive - but I feel that he comes off as being smug and smirky ... and that puts me off, too.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Anyone see Taylor's wedding on David Tuterro's Wedding Show? I don't there's a thread on him. It was SO bizarre! I think David called Taylor crazy...oh....maybe 35 times in one hour! lol She was a real witch to the guy and he was only trying to give her a beautiful wedding. It turned out great! Wedding guests included Lisa and Ken Vanderpump, Kyle and Portia, Adrienne Maloof and Paul who were SEPARATE at the ceremony.

Didn't Taylor marry her divorce attorney? Oh, her husband announced that he had adopted Taylor's daugther Kennedy at the ceremony.
    Yep, I saw it too. Taylor did marry her divorce attorney and wow, she is really a piece of work. She can be so charming and sweet one minute, and then turn on a dime and be a total witch! She probably was the little girl who fit the nursery rhyme: When she was good she was very, very good and when she was bad she was a horror!
    And I agree Debb, her wedding turned out to be absolutely gorgeous, and I noticed there were also some couples from their Celebrity Boot Camp show at the wedding too.

By the way, John adopting Kennedy and him announcing it at the wedding totally warmed my heart. He seems like a very very sweet guy who totally adores Taylor, and apparently he loves Kennedy too, and I am so glad that after everything that little girl has been through with her father's suicide and everything else, that she will have a kind daddy figure in the family.

For some reason, I get the feeling that Kennedy may have to look after her mommie. Just a vibe I get.

It seems that Kyle and Mario are doing pretty well. They just bought a little get-a-way for a couple million. Not bad.
    Kyle Richards buys desert retreat for $2.35 million - LA Times
    momrek06 likes this.

It seem Paul is the face guru, and Terry is a boob and body man.
    momrek06 likes this.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread