+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 501 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast
Like Tree3006Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I agree about Russell.

Probably it would have been more beneficial to the women involved with the charity but we have to remember that she might have spoken more openly to the women had she not been broadcasting on national TV. I know that I would speak openly in that situation if I were just speaking to women who would understand and connect with me, but not if I were speaking to millions of people I didn't know and had no common ground with.

I think that one-on-one she does go into greater detail about her past, but knowing that her audience was not just past victims/survivors of abuse and that it would probably be aired on the show, she elected to keep it general. I do not care for her at all, she's just above Camille in my estimation, however I do respect her for not throwing it all out there.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Here's what happens when I can't sleep at night - I find all kinds of bizarre things for sale on TV (for those of us who like those shiny things Adrienne wears in her hair:

:: Shimmer Strands ::

However, I'm a bit apprehensive with this particular brand/website after noticing they didn't use spell check and it also states that Shimmer Strands are for ages "3 103"
    And I'm sure these are not the same ones that they sell at the Palms in Las Vegas but I'm all about saving money

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;4125218;
    Here's what happens when I can't sleep at night - I find all kinds of bizarre things for sale on TV (for those of us who like those shiny things Adrienne wears in her hair:

:: Shimmer Strands ::

However, I'm a bit apprehensive with this particular brand/website after noticing they didn't use spell check and it also states that Shimmer Strands are for ages "3 103"
    And I'm sure these are not the same ones that they sell at the Palms in Las Vegas but I'm all about saving money
    I know I'd be hesitant to order those and try to do them myself. I would imagine that the application would be similar to how extensions are attached and you definitely need a professional to do it well.
    They do look like fun for a special occassion though. If I were younger and had anything like a good social life, I'd try them.

Let me first preface this is the fact that today I'm feeling like a cynical old woman who's seen too many posers and victims. I just finished watching this episode and need to vent a little:

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4123911;
    Is it just me or isn't it a really big deal to ride a bicycle for 60 miles? How in the world did that girl do it? I know she said she had trained, but my goodness.
    I'm sorry but I'm just not believing that Kyle rode that (mostly) uphill race for 60 miles. It takes a lot more than a little training and a bikini wax to be that accomplished and build endurance. Not to mention how she wobbles on her bike as she starts off. Most real bikers can almost keep their bike perfectly still & balanced while stopping. Never have seen any wobbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;4123917;
    I didn't like Lisa's attitude when she arrived at the DMV. It just made her seem like a snob.
    Everytime I've gone to the DMV, it seems to be packed full of people you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. Maybe it's just here in So Cal but you'd be surprised at what you see. So I understand her attitude to a certain point. But unless she's been living under a rock in Beverly Hills, no one dresses like she did to go to the DMV, including her "daytime jewels", partcularly knowing that you'll be crushed against some unsavory types.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4123895;
    I can't believe Kim picked up "single Gary" at the grocery store and then he came to her house.
    I thought Kim's treatment of Single Gary was cruel. She made him the butt of a joke while he sat politely with his sweet little granddaughter, thinking he was meeting a nice single woman. I'd be just fine with teasing him a little by pretending she had all those kids, etc but not to keep it going and never explain. All he knew was something was off and he was still in the dark. Although he should be grateful he didn't have to eat those burnt shoe-leather overcooked pieces of chicken that Kim was destroying on her BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;4125124;
    Taylor was very unclear about exactly what her experience with "domestic abuse" was when she was a young child. Although I certainly didn't expect her to go into any sordid details it might be beneficial to the abused women whom this charity is all about, to have a better idea of how Taylor was abused and how often...just so these other women could relate to her better.
    Again, I remind you I'm in a cynical mood but I'm just not buying what Taylor is selling. I agree that she did not need to go into sordid details about her experiences but neither did she need to be so evasive. She could very well have indicated if it was abuse she observed concerning her mother or herself since she was speaking to people involved in helping those dealing with similar issues while keeping her privacy. It was just too vague for me. Personally, I think she saw her mother being hit/beaten by some man (boyfriend?) and it left a serious impression on her. I do understand tearing up a little when you're forced to remember something painful but she was way over the top to me. At least, 25-30 years have passed so I'd like to think she made some strides in dealing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4124028;
    Adrienne in that cowboy hat, long straight hair and the ridiculous sparkles in her hair just looks ridiculous, IMO.
    Once again, we see that Countess Luanne is right: Money can't buy you class. Adrienne looked ready for a Halloween party and nothing else.

There. Now I've vented.

That's so funny Dragonlady .... When I saw Adrienne I thought " OH, is this suppose to be a costume party"? What was she thinking? Maybe she's spent too much time is Vegas.

I thought the (drunk?) guy at the DMV was being very rude. I would have been rude right back at him. As for how she was dressed.... I agree she seemed a little overdressed that. Maybe she had somewhere else to go that day or something. I still like the interaction between she a Cedric. They seem to be partners in crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4126327;
    That's so funny Dragonlady .... When I saw Adrienne I thought " OH, is this suppose to be a costume party"? What was she thinking? Maybe she's spent too much time is Vegas.
    I thought it odd that not only did Adrienne show up in a cowboy hat, so did her husband AND Taylor's husband.
    They all looked like they were on their way to Dolly Parton Land

I am with you DragonLady. I think I have finally hit my tolerence with the RHW series.
    They are driving around in the Bently's & Aston's wearing jewls & designer clothes & living in homes they can't afford.
    It is this exact type of greed that has gotten this country into the financial mess it is in right now. Then these people, I am talking ONY RHW's have the nerve to declare bankruptcy & then have the ability to walk away from their self-inflicted mess with a clean slate.
    I can't think of one franchise from this series that hasn't had at least one HW facing eviction or repossession.
    I feel guilty for spending money that I actually work for. Heck I would love to own a pair of jimmy Choos but if all I can afford is a pair of knock-off Uggs, then that is what I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;4126361;
    I thought it odd that not only did Adrienne show up in a cowboy hat, so did her husband AND Taylor's husband.
    They all looked like they were on their way to Dolly Parton Land
    VIVA LAS VEGAS! Man I thought "tacky" as well.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4126372;
    ...if all I can afford is a pair of knock-off Uggs, then that is what I buy.
    ITA! I'd rather have knock off Uggs in 4 different colors, than 1 color of the real thing

+ Reply to Thread