+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3180Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Deb, the best way I can answer your question is to say that I think Lisa is there for friends on her own terms.
    My sister was voted class snob in high school. Her feelings were hurt and she didn't understand why. Then she said something like "I can't help it! There are just some people I don't like!"

....so funny. One of my favorite stories.

Anyway, she comes by that attitude so naturally and she just doesn't understand how she can be perceived. I'm the exact opposite. My sister and I are like Lisa (my sister) and Kim (me; complete with substance abuse tendencies!).

Lisa is not my cup of tea but I can't get down on her for knowing who and what she likes and sticking to them. In fact, it is, IMO, a very healthy way to be, and I wish I had that attribute. As to my sister, she is smart, pretty, successful, has a clever sense of humor and so on - much like Lisa. I actually really enjoy her company, but like Kim is to Lisa, I don't think she enjoys mine.

In other words, its not a two-way street. Kim will be better off realizing - and accepting - that Lisa just doesn't care for her. Drunk, sober, purple or pink.
    Moontat and Dragonlady like this.

I don't recall Lisa standing up for Joyce against Brandi in Palm Springs. I'll rewatch if I still have it recorded. I do recall KIM doing that and I was impressed.

I'm not sure Lisa can be all things to all people and maybe it boils down to just personal taste and I'm fine with that. It seems that the ladies have to go a long way into a sea of triffleness to pick her to pieces though. lol I'll watch Reunion II, hopefully tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't recall Lisa standing up for Joyce against Brandi in Palm Springs. I'll rewatch if I still have it recorded. I do recall KIM doing that and I was impressed.

I'm not sure Lisa can be all things to all people and maybe it boils down to just personal taste and I'm fine with that. It seems that the ladies have to go a long way into a sea of triffleness to pick her to pieces though. lol I'll watch Reunion II, hopefully tonight.
    I agree, it really does boil down to personal taste, I will take Lisa over most of them After seeing Yolanda on The Doctors, I had no idea what she went though, and she came across more normal than she does on the show.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've just read some rumors of Yolanda's separation from David. Something about her not using the name Foster. Could be some legal thing involving the sale of the house. Sometimes for legal documents, deeds, etc. you have to use the same name you used orginally. Of course, you never know.

I have also read rumors of the Fosters quietly unloading properties in recent months. I believe I read that the house in Malibu was first purchase by Yolanda after her divorce from Mohammed and the Fosters basically tore it down and rebuilt around it. Perhaps the house could be in Yolanda's name only IF Mohammed purchased it for her. I can't imagine that someone who customized a home to this extent would sell to move closer to Beverly Hills.

Then again it could just be rumors...
    Last edited by PA Snow Bunny; 03-26-2014 at 03:16 PM.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

They had a romantic supper a week ago, in a lovely little place in Victoria BC. I think they are selling the house because its too big. I wont write them off just yet
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

If she bought the house in her name that was NOT Foster at the time, they may explain it. It may have nothing to do with a split. I hope not. Yolands seems to fragile. I don't think she could handle it. She seems to worship the man.

Don't forget that Yolanda's daugther Gigi's boyfriend is on DWTS as a contestant. (Cody) I wonder if Yolanda and David will attend.

I read that she held title as Yolanda Hadid, meaning she owned the home prior to marrying David Foster. I think it is as simple as that.

I finally watched Reunion Part II. I think Kim has lost her mind. I also wonder what is wrong with her. Something is not right. I think she is lying. Her reasoning made no sense. First she says that Lisa was nothing to her and never did anything for her. Then she says she wanted Lisa to attend so bad and that it would mean so much to her if Lisa would attend her daugther's graduation. Then she says she didn't want Lisa to attend and that she wanted everyone else there, but not Lisa. Then, she says she got upset when they didn't attend. WHICH IS IT? She contradicted herself multiple times. I don't buy it, Kim. Even Kyle was looking at her like she was crazy. And when has Kim been there for anyone?

I thought Carlton came off as usual. Lisa shouldn't defend her. It's not becoming and makes her look silly.

Liked Joyce. She was rather Spicey. I thought she was assertive and make sense.

Brandi is just full of it. IMO, she's a huge liar. Just watching her talk about not wanting publicity was hilarious. Of course, that's what she wants. And Kim starts bragging on what a good mom Brandi is....OMG. That was disgusting.

I watched both parts of the reunion. This is one of the few times I have liked Joyce. Watching Kim, I am reminded of the old commercial with the egg that they use to demonstrate your brain on drugs. I think her drug use (I will never believe it was only drinking) has fried her brain. I also get tired of her acting like she is a victim. She is the one who chose drugs and booze over her children. She gets no sympathy from me. I also have an issue with her getting angry with someone for pointing out her past misdeeds or wondering if she is drinking. Addicts are liars. They are not entitled to be trusted just because they say they are working on their sobriety. They are not entitled to have others just instantly forget the past because they say they have changed. She will have to realize that and just get over it. Plus, is this the third or fourth time she has been in rehab? So why should anyone believe her and forget her past. I think her whole thing with Lisa is that she has jumped on the gang up on Lisa bandwagon so she needs to manufacture some way she has been "wronged" by Lisa. She and Lisa were never close, so there is no reason to expect Lisa would think it is important for her to go to her child's graduation. Lisa and Ken told her ahead of time they would not make it and sent a gift. Get over it already.

I have had my moments of liking Brandi, but she has really annoyed me. I think she has realized she was in the wrong with whipping the women in a frenzy against Lisa and also realized the public didn't go her way like she thought. Now she is back to playing the victim to get people to feel sorry for her. The whole debate over whether Lisa lived in Calabasas was stupid. Has Brandi never heard of an investment property? Just because you own a house doesn't mean you live there. And what kind of person pays $10 to do background checks for the sole purpose of snooping on their friends? So what if Lisa will knock back drinks with her off camera but chide her for drinking on camera. Brandi is a nasty, embarassing drunk. The cameras give nice evidence to argue that she is an unfit mother should her ex decide to take her to court over custody. It is also obvious that if she spends so much time at Sur she doesn't have any issue with Scheana. I absolutely think Kyle was spreading the rumors about Lisa being bankrupt to Brandi and didn't realize she would be thrown under the bus.

+ Reply to Thread