+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3006Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I'm positive that Brandi tried her best to research Lisa on purpose to see if she could find any lies that Lisa had told. This would give her more ammunition at the Reunion to prove her point about Lisa being two-faced and a liar to the other women and the audience. Only problem is Brandi is brainless and didn't take the time to really get all the facts so it bombed. To which, I say hurray!
    Brandi disgusts me with her low class behavior, meanwhile complaining that others' behavior would contribute negatively to her poor sons' tender souls. It's like Jenny McCarthy denying her child vaccinations while she pumps her face full of poison (Botox).
    These women and their constant need for Stardom are pathetic.
    Also, if Yoyo keeps reminding us how the illness really affected her brain for over a year, one of Housewives should ask if she's sure she remembers who came to visit and who didn't.

FORT Fogey

You give more credit to Brandi than I will. I don't think she has the patience or smarts to research Lisa like that. That's why I think she more likely heard incomplete gossip, assumed the worst and filled in the blanks inaccurately assuming the worst.

Have you send the new music video by Lady Gaga that features the the RHWOBH and Andy? They didn't include Brandi or Joyce, but it looks like Carltong to me, though the article does not say Carlton is included. What do you think?

Lady Gaga's 'G.U.Y.' Features Ladies of 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' (Video) - Hollywood Reporter
    Punkin likes this.

Oh Wow, Debb! Thanks for the link! Blew me away! I'll admit I was a Lady Gaga virgin. Wasn't even quite sure what she looked like because I have only seen pictures of her with elaborate costumes that often veiled her features. She is very beautiful and, no doubt about it, very talented. My music of choice is R&B, and I don't often go outside that box, but I loved her "G.U.Y." and her artistic vision. I could start calling myself a fan. She's an actual adult and the sensuality she exhibits is appropriate (hear that, Miley?).

I Love that Brandi was not included. And Carlton? I can see Gaga might find her interesting in a way we can't appreciate. :>)
    Debb70 likes this.

the second part of the reunion show was kind of boring as was the first. i guess you could say it was a little bit more lively, but not by much. i wasn't so involved that i remember it all very well, but a lot of it seemed to focus on the fact that kim feels very torn about lisa as a friend. thinks lisa sort of called attention to her being missing from lots of the events and so on. carlton apparently doesn't like kyle because she's rude, lol. that's it.

andy was asking the ladies about any work they'd had done on their faces and when he was talking to brandy, she was kind of denying having very much done, and andy told her she looked different to him. he seems to have less love for brandy these days and doesn't seem as taken with her as he used to be. wonder if he ever regrets putting some of these women in these shows. he certainly should!

i guess part three will probably get teary since it hasn't really happened yet. but these ladies clearly don't have very much to argue about. it's all so silly, it really is. it's a sort of odd group of women now, and they just don't seem to match up. i could always see adrienne and lisa, and lisa and kyle being real friends up to a point, and some of the ladies who used to be there who seemed to fit in in a way these new ladies don't. it's just become rather boring and empty. and it all just seems kind of sad.

bring back camille and maybe even taylor and i'd be happier. i never thought i'd say that but there it is.
    Punkin and MsDiva2007 like this.

I have not watched this week yet. I just returned home from NY so will watch today sometime. I know people who have said it was so boring!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I think that so many of the women have the same reaction to Lisa that what they say must be true. My impression is that Lisa is a really fun woman who makes people around her feel good, and feel supported. But at some point, something happens that is one of those times in life that you need your real friends to come through and she falls short. Lisa is great to be around on her own terms, but is probably not very good and adjusting to other people's ways. With people like that it usually takes a while to notice it. But once it's noticed, it can become exhausting to constantly be falling in to "her" way. And of course since so many of the women have experienced this, they all discuss it and have "me too" moments, which cause them to turn on Lisa. Then she's left feeling hurt and ganged up on. I'm waiting on someone to call Kyle out on just how much she seems to have cozied up to Brandi suddenly. During the reunion, I've noticed quite a few times that she's behaving like they are a "team". Given the problems the two of them have had in the past, it seems kind of out of place. People talk about how Lisa bounces from woman to woman searching for allies. Kyle is clearly doing the same thing.

Interesting points ACHookerTV. I'll take them into consideration.

I haven't watched Reunion II, so I won't comment much on that. I'm trying to determine who the people are who are saying Lisa wasn't there for them, as referenced in the post above. Yolanda, actual backpeddled after accusing Lisa of ignoring her in Reunion I. Lisa had not ignored her. With Kyle, well Lisa and Kyle planned their husband's birthdays together and had it at Lisa's home. And Lisa has publically sided with Kyle and Maurico on the affair rumor on multiple occasions. Granted Lisa didn't make it to Kim's daughter's graduation party, but please. We know the story on Kim and her attendance record. And Brandi has been saying that Lisa and Ken were very supportive of her. (Except for the comment to Schaena.) Carlton and Joyce, I don't know. They have not been around long enough to complain that Lisa has not been there for them, IMO. I do think if anyone has a gripe against Lisa it should be Joyce. She should tell her off for sitting by and raising no objection when she was verbally attacked by Brandi in Palm Springs. But she's not the only one at fault for that one, IMO.
    Moontat and Dragonlady like this.

But Lisa did stand up for Joyce at Palm Springs. She did tell Brandi to stop it & what she said is just not right. It seems like Kyle was trying to be a part of any group that will have her. She is the only one who keeps going on and on and on about that stupid tabloid article. How many times does Lisa have to defend herself! I never even saw that stupid story because I don't read trash. Maybe it is me but I still don't get why Kyle & Maruricio are upset with Lisa joking that Portia is the younger woman in her life. I very much doubt Portia, at 5, even knew anything about that story unless her parents told her about it & even then...what 5 year old completely understands alleged adultry anyway?
    Kim, I am sorry but I still can not follow what she is trying to say. Okay I get she was upset that Lisa & Ken did not attend Kimberly's graduation party but they did reply back that they could not attend because of a prior committment. I would wager Kimberly was heartbroken they did not attend so give it up already. Honestly she is either on something or she is just mentally stunted at 14. Perhaps that is the curse of child-stardom...so Kyle..do you really want that for Portia?
    Brandi, I used to be firmly in her corner but now I am over her "pity me" storyline. Yes it sucks for your husband to cheat on you, been there/done that, but after awhile it does get old. Okay I get she is suffering from depression, been there/done that, take your meds & see your shrink. One thing I do know, not supposed to drink on Lexapro.
    Yolo I am tired of you. Carleton & Joyce grew on me a bit but their presence on the show, don't know if I will watch next season.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Deb, the best way I can answer your question is to say that I think Lisa is there for friends on her own terms. There are some people who are just like that, and I think Lisa is one of them. After I had each of my kids, I experienced many people coming through to help me as many people do. Some of those friends would show up at a time they had decided would be convenient, bring me things they had decided I needed, and take care of me based on what they thought I needed. Others would call, tell me they wanted to help, and ask me what I needed. I appreciated all of them for being kind. But I must say, I appreciated those who asked what I needed much more than those who decided on my behalf what i needed ... especially the neighbor who decided the best time to stop by to visit (multiple times!) was at the same time that my son would fall asleep for the longest period of time - when I could finally get some real sleep in the afternoon!!! Are there things that Lisa and others can list to show she's been there for them? Yes! But if those things are done for the convenience of Lisa, then I don't give her great credit for being a giving and caring friend. It's more like checking a "kind" box. Further, it can't be lost that for the kind things listed, there are other things that Lisa has done to off-set those gestures. For example in part 2 of the reunion that you may not have seen yet, she denies picking on Kim and several of the women point out all the times that she pointed out Kim's absence, being unreliable, etc. It's a passive agressive gesture, so it leaves a lot of room for her deny doing anything wrong. But that doesn't mean that she isn't a ring leader many times in turning the women against someone.

+ Reply to Thread