+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3012Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I think Lisa needs to remember that you reap what you sow. I think she needs to do some soul-searching to figure out what her part was/is in all of this chaos. An involved person is seldom totally without fault. It's her question to answer. The question is.....can she be truthful with herself?
    PGM35 and momrek06 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think Lisa needs to remember that you reap what you sow. I think she needs to do some soul-searching to figure out what her part was/is in all of this chaos. An involved person is seldom totally without fault. It's her question to answer. The question is.....can she be truthful with herself?
    ITA with you, SHAY!!!
    PGM35 likes this.
    KAREN

Most people would say I love my kids, mom & my cats so I don't have a problem with Lisa only realy loving her husband, kids & dogs. While I do love my extended family & friends it is a different kind of love. While I would definately take a bullet for my kids, the rest I would always be there for them but I wouldn't put a target on my back for them. Maybe it is selfish but that is how I am. I don't hate anyone although I do have a very strong dislike that is reserved for 3 people & those I just don't waste any energy even thinking about.

Initially I did feel & sympathize for Brandi; the lying cheater for a husband but at some point you learn to love yourself so much that you just just don't care about you EX anymore. Self medicating with booze & random men won't help. Twitter battles between you, your Ex & his current wife does not help. The excess is starting to show on her face that no amount of boxtox will fix. To me she seems to latch on to whomever has what she wants. I felt badly if BRAVO was her only source of income & should be kept for that reason. Now, unless she gets help, I doubt I would keep watching this series.
    AmyKay, Dragonlady, Debb70 and 1 others like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

I finally got around to watching the finale tonight. I must say of everyone Kens behavior bothered me the most. He clearly didn't want to be there ... but didn't want cameras rolling without him so he showed. He has chosen to be angry and bitter and will stay that way no matter what. His interaction with Mauricio really bothered me. Mauricio was explaining where he was coming from and mentioned Kim. Ken instantly dismissed that because "it's Kim". Yes, she's flakey. But she's also Mauricio's sister in law. To scoff at that is to some degree asking Mauricio to dismiss family loyalties. That's not right. Lastly I will say this about Lisa. My criticizing her does not mean I side with the other ladies. But if you look at who she is closest with on both shows, she bonds closest with weak people. There have been very few times we've seen her close with people who are strong and " her equal". She's drawn to people like Brandi, or the 20 something nut jobs like her employees. I think that says a lot about her and it's not good. To me, it implies she wants to be around weak people to feel better about herself. That's gross.
    momrek06 and MsDiva2007 like this.

I think Ken is delusional when it comes to Lisa.
    momrek06 and lilymax like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I missed all but the last half hour or so of the finale. But i was pretty disgusted, none the less.

I'm disgusted by Bravo feeling the need to go so far overboard to bring big drama at the end. They've sort of gone too far, if you know what I mean. It just is not feasible to me that a huge all-out war would be started over something so petty, or that all of the women would gang up on one single person. It is ridiculous to me that Kyle would believe Brandi over Lisa after having a rather long friendship with one and a troubled beginning and never a close tie with the other. It just doesn't make any sense. But then, I am beginning to wonder just how childish and silly these women all are. They are certainly all showing their behinds this time, aren't they? Yolanda comes across as an annoying fool. Kyle comes across as clueless. I do believe that out of all the women, she and Lisa had what was closest to a real friendship that had been going on for some time. When Kim told Kyle that Lisa loved her dog, Ken, and her daughter, and that was about it, I found some small truth in that. I don't believe Lisa bonds very deeply with very many people. But I don't really see that as a fault, it's just who she is. I don't see her as being manipulative in the way that Brandi is accusing her of. The only thing Brandi seems able to produce as evidence of Lisa's evil ways is the thing with Scheana and the magazine. Weak on both counts. I think Brandi needs to go away, as it's the only way I think I could keep on watching the show. I don't like some of the other women, but she has really taken it down more than a notch. She shouldn't be angry with Lisa because she employs somebody Brandi doesn't like. I see why she does not like Scheana. Big deal. Get over it, Brandi. The world is not out here crying over you and saying how horrible it is that you should have to be in the presence of somebody who wronged you.....a long long time ago.

I almost don't want to even watch the reunion. It just seems really low to me that they are all going to attack Lisa and we already know this. Believe what you will about Lisa, and she is not my favorite person by any means, but she is human and I can see that this is hurting her. Probably because once again she did a few favors for a skanky person and grew close to them, or so she thought, then had them turn on her. No matter what did or did not happen with the magazines, nothing ever came of it and there just isn't enough of a reason for Brandi to start such a huge deal over it. She is every bit as bad as Cedric. Ken and Lisa sort of made Brandi over from a sort of unacceptable person into somebody who suddenly had all of these opportunities ... the books, the parties and friendships, etc. Brandi would still be in the rather shallow end of the pool socially if it were not for Ken and Lisa. She should have been more loyal. But Brandi doesn't have the brains to distinguish what merits a huge drama and what doesn't. She is being tacky and spiteful, which she seems good at.

The other women hold little interest for me. I find it tiresome too, all the crying over the girls leaving for college. There really aren't any stories here. Kim is just weird, these days. I'm glad the woman is sober, that's wonderful, but she is just plain weird, and it gets sort of old. Carlton is even more weird than Kim. But in the end, it doesn't make her interesting. I really was turned off early on when she took such a strong disliking to Kyle. Kyle is boring now. Joyce, I have no problems with, but there isn't much of a story around her either. I would think the newer girls would not be coming back based on this season, but you never know. They kept Brandi, even though many people dislike her. But then I guess hatred for a character brings more interest than feeling nothing or being bored. Something is wrong in that.

Maybe the whole problem with these shows is that after you deal with the parties and the real daily lives of these people, there isn't much of interest to hold viewers attention without some kind of drama going on. The women want to stay on the show so they must stay relevant. Therefore they must manufacture something which in most people's day to day lives wouldn't amount to a hill of beans. It's really all kind of sick, if you think about it. Think of the cost to some of these people's family lives.

They've just gone way overboard with this huge thing against Lisa. I find it to be much ado about nothing, really.
    lilymax, I think you've put it very well. It makes total sense that it's all TPTB's idea of story lines and drama. And it failed. I think it's part of the reason so many of us have problems w/how all this mess ended. When you think about it, Yolanda's meddling is really out of character for her. I'm not a big fan of hers at all but usually she tries to behave better than this. Kim seemed to blow up over nothing. Kyle seemed totally clueless about everything.....and usually she always has an opinion. Lisa is not a saint by any means....but neither is she mean and vicious.
    It's Brandi that's ruining the whole thing and the reasons for that are obvious and well discussed here. She doesn't belong and brought the show down to a Honey Boo Boo level.
    Brandi needs to move her Trailer to another Park that is a better fit. I doubt I'll continue with this show if she returns because I usually feel somewhat dirty and disgusted watching her take center stage and cause such chaos. She's too manipulative, conniving and really trashy.
    Moontat, Coco46, lilymax and 2 others like this.

KK4
    FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    lilymax, I think you've put it very well. It makes total sense that it's all TPTB's idea of story lines and drama. And it failed. I think it's part of the reason so many of us have problems w/how all this mess ended. When you think about it, Yolanda's meddling is really out of character for her. I'm not a big fan of hers at all but usually she tries to behave better than this. Kim seemed to blow up over nothing. Kyle seemed totally clueless about everything.....and usually she always has an opinion. Lisa is not a saint by any means....but neither is she mean and vicious.
    It's Brandi that's ruining the whole thing and the reasons for that are obvious and well discussed here. She doesn't belong and brought the show down to a Honey Boo Boo level.
    Brandi needs to move her Trailer to another Park that is a better fit. I doubt I'll continue with this show if she returns because I usually feel somewhat dirty and disgusted watching her take center stage and cause such chaos. She's too manipulative, conniving and really trashy.
    LOL at the Honey Boo Boo reference, but that is truly what this season has turned into. Call me crazy, but I believe Lisa. She might not behave the way she ought to most of the time, but I do not believe her to be that vicious. This season has been so boring. I'm already loving NY...Ramona and Sonjia remind me of Lucy and Ethel.
    lilymax and Debb70 like this.

Brandi has her books for additional income. The first one was entertaining, the second I skimmed at Barnes and Noble and left on the shelf. Brandi DOES need to move on, if not for her, but for her kids. Her sons are getting older now and I am sure, eventually, other kids will bring up what has been shown on tv. Maybe Brandi needs to actually get a real job and busy herself with other things.

With respect to the Lisa, Brandi and the tabloid issue...I think there is a third side of the story.

Carlton has got to go...can't say it enough. Same with Yoyo. I liked her at first, but each epi I find her annoying. Maybe she needs to start dragging her famous husband with her to some of these events/vacations, so she'll have something to do.

Still like Kyle, can't stand Kim. I know she is supposed to be sober, but I swear she has a permanent slur.

I think I am missing the original cast, minus Taylor.
    Last edited by jenniferboston1; 03-15-2014 at 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling
    Jexter likes this.

I know yours is a popular opinion! Though, for me anyway, it's nice to see a husband jump in and not stand for an attack against his wife (right or wrong). I know the show has tons of edits, but I felt that Maurico (sp?) should have stood up to Carlton and defended Kyle when she went for Kyle's jugular at the combined birthday celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I think Ken is delusional when it comes to Lisa.
    lilymax likes this.

I totally agree with MsDiva about Ken being delusional when it comes to Lisa. I think he loves her so much it almost makes him stupid. Not that I think Lisa would ever do anything absolutely horrible to him or anybody else, but he sure seems to worship her.

I also believe that Lisa loves Ken very much. Maybe the problem here is that she doesn't want him to know what she did because he does think so highly of her and she's afraid to lose that? .... wait. No, that doesn't make much sense.

It's all so confusing. Ken and Lisa absolutely love one another, but along with knowing your spouse's strengths after a long marriage comes knowing their weaknesses as well. You can bet Ken is on familiar terms with Lisa's snarky side. If Ken thought Lisa had done what she was accused of, would he really think it was that awful, given that Brandy's version of it is probably very slanted at best? I don't think there is much of anything that could make Ken stop loving and respecting Lisa. They've been together far too long for him to ever not take her side especially over something this petty and small. And even though I don't believe Lisa has any doubts about Ken's love for her, it's possible she wouldn't want him to know if she actually did what Brandy said. I just don't really believe that. Like I've said before, I think Lisa has problems remembering things, and the only scenario I would believe wherein Lisa behaved that way would be with her and Brandy horsing around and Lisa saying it as a joke. I don't believe she has it in her to truly be malicious enough to try to hurt Kyle that way (whatever the supposed plan to use the mags might have been).

I'm not sure any of this makes much sense. But those are my feelings on the subject. Oh, and I might check out RHNY on a more regular basis since I don't think I'll be able to stomach much over here in this neck of the woods called Beverly Hills. Lol.
    Last edited by lilymax; 03-16-2014 at 12:10 PM.
    Punkin and Dragonlady like this.

+ Reply to Thread