+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 498 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree2988Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;4121018;
    I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, I'm just getting caught up on the shows and I'm too lazy to read back over all the posts. But, is it clear to anyone else that Camille and Nick have something going on? The way they look at each other is way more than just friends.
    Yeah, this is a weird 'friendship'. Didn't he say he was in Las Vegas with his wife? I could swear he said a woman's name. Where was she? And why was Camille looking at him like she'd had the appetizer but here was the main course?! I don't know if, since he's an actor, he's hanging out with her to get screen time or not-- but she definitely acts interested in him.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4120807;
    1) The Rococo-Egyptian mansion was indeed gilt and pretension laden. I hope the oddly tall "girlfriend" is paid well. What strikes me is how odd these megamansions are - one the one hand there's sumptious sizes of salons and giant rooms, on the other hand, apparently the kitchen and sculleries are supposed to be gathering places as well. As if their inhabitants are common nobility, with bejeweled palaces to live in, but also kitchen tables to sit around. They can't seem to decide if they are above catering or 'just normal guys.' So betwixt and between, the moneyed tradespeople.

2) I've seen Martin too - I swear in films.
    The amazon girlfriend is a 25-year-old model -- she was breathtaking. Trust me, if I even came remotely close to looking like that when I was 25, you can bet I'd snag me a rich dude like that. I mean, that's the point of being gorgeous, rich, a celebrity, or why guys learned to play the guitar when they were kids -- to get girls.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4120814;
    You mean ordinary people can afford to live in BH?

I do think there is a difference between the rich of the suburbs (OC, BH, NJ, ATL) and the cities (DC, NY) in that the DC & NY ladies seem to be move involved with charities and things outside their mansions/townhouses. And of course the East Coast ladies have to deal with humidity and winter, something hardly on the West Coast ladies' radar, while the Westies know from earthquakes.
    Yes, "ordinary people" live in Beverly Hills. Have worked with secretaries and/or paralegals and young bachelor attorneys (only because I'm in law environment) who live there. There's Beverly Hills and there's Beverly Hills. There's apartments all over the place.

You're generalizing the term. Ex-husband and wife boss still live there - south of Wilshire -- on regular street (yet still higher $$$ than other places in the city) -- they call it the "flats." The Beverly Hills you're probably referring to are those mansions way above Santa Monica Boulevard/Sunset which trail all the way to the ocean. So, yes, ordinary people live there -- and it blends into certain parts of West LA. Unfortunately, there are those unfamiliar and who get their info from TV, so just let them think what they want (as misinformed as they are).

They're in Malibu and Bel Air which are NOT "Beverly Hills," but they count, too.

Not to mention there are lots of rich doctors and attorneys who live in high-end areas, and trust me, the wives are DEFINITELY totally involved in charities. It's what they do.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4120853;
    Give me an earthquake any day over a blizzard or a tornado!! Guess it's more about what you know and have experienced. Just the thought of a tornado gives me the willies.
    Speaking of blizzards...we just had 15 minute snow squall pass through here & dumped an inch of snow. I hate living here. Roads are as slick as a baby's butt.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;4121086;
    Yes, "ordinary people" live in Beverly Hills. Have worked with secretaries and/or paralegals and young bachelor attorneys (only because I'm in law environment) who live there. There's Beverly Hills and there's Beverly Hills. There's apartments all over the place.
    Of course "ordinary people" live in Beverly Hills. Someone has to make their beds, do their gardening & clean the pool.

I AM joking people!

I was raised in CA and have been in earthquakes. I've also live in Okla for the past 20 years. I'll take a tornado over an eartquake any day. At least you know the tornado is coming plus the weather folks can pinpoint with pretty good accuracy as to where the tornado is. Earthquakes scare the daylights out of me!!

About "blind-date" Martin.... He does look familiar. I agree he looks like an actor..... I'm think soap opera??

I was reading the Sunday paper yesterday. Happened to look at the RE section and noticed that Mauricio has some very high end listings. Also noticed that he works for Kyle's half sister's (Kathy Hilton) husband's firm.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

i don't understand her point . . . . . the kid's allergy didn't seem very severe. if left alone, she'll prob just grow out of it by being continually exposed to the dog. but even still, a claritin is all she needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4119233;
    I hate that Taylor wants to get rid of the puppy, but I understand her point. I hope she gives it to Adrienne. She seems to really love animals. Or even Lisa. The dog would fit right in over there.

FORT Newbie

Rewatching episodes and must comment on Taylor's hair while in NYC at the premier. How is a pony-tail acceptable hairstyle for a big night out?

In fairness, I thought her ponytail do was stylish; a lot more so than most of their regular dos. And, didn't Kyle wear a ponytail, as well?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread