+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3014Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Wine with mani-pedi?? Apparently we are less sophisticated here in the north!
    lol you can pretty much do anything here in California that includes wine. lol I went to one of those wine and paint classes with my girlf'riends. I discovered I can't paint so I quit and just drank the wine lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I've read that Bravo has plans to fire Kim for next season. Seems her dog story is not juicy enough. Kyle says if Kim goes, so does she. This is Kim's only income.

I wonder if Bravo didn't include that story about Kim's daugher for the show. It happened during the time they were filming. Maybe Kim refused to air it, since involved her daughter. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm................ ....

I hope Andy thinks this through. While Kim may be boring, Brandi and Carlton are hated by many fans of the show. I don't see the logic of getting rid of Kim, who has some fans, over Brandi and Carlton. I don't know of anyone who likes either one of them. They make cause a fuss, but their fuss isn't bringing in viewers, according to their ratings. So what value are Brandi and Carlton?
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-16-2014 at 03:17 PM.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Brandi and Carlton both have huge value to Bravo. Look at how often we talk about them here. Joyce too. A housewife does not have to be adored to have value to the show. The women who create the drama generate ratings. If it goes too over the top and nasty (like that toxic season of New York) then it is damaging. But seasons where all or most of the women have been liked by the audience and by each other are boring. Look at the attempt to do the show in DC. It makes sense to me that they'd think about getting rid of Kim, just because she doens't really have much story to tell anymore. She was a focus the first few years becuse she was a mess. She's put her life back together again, and a drama free normal life doesn't make for good housewives TV - especially for a woman who doesn't have a love interest or kids to make her stories interesting. I like Kim, and I like the attitude she brings to the group gatherings. If they decided not to keep her in the cast, I think it would be great if she was still one who popped up at social gatherings from time to time to add her perspective. If letting Kim go means that Kyle would leave, I'd almost root for that. I think Kyle has gotten to a point where what she's doing comes across as fake and created for the cameras, and I think that she considers herself much more of a queen bee than the viewers and other women do.
    Jamie5632 likes this.

so Brandi has made some more comments that have people calling for her to be fired. "she wishes she had been molested as a child' lovely!
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well, if the conflict with Brandi and Carlton is a good thing, then why are the ratings going down? Their bizarre and mean girl behavior may be the topic of conversation, but it's not resulting in good ratings. It seems people don't care enough to watch them.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

I'd say the rating are down because the format of housewives shows has been on the air for a long time, there are a lot of shows like them, and people have gotten tired and moved on to other things. Similar to why the ratings for musical talent shows are generally down. After all, when the shows went from the original format of watching the women live their lives and go to parties to lots of fighting drama and conflict because when there was fighting and drama in New Jersey, the ratings went up.

However RHoA ratings are up and they fight all the time too!
    norealityhere likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    However RHoA ratings are up and they fight all the time too!
    I have read that. It's odd to me. I can't think of anything less appealing than RHO Atlanta. For those who love, go for it. I just find that show a total snooze.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have read that. It's odd to me. I can't think of anything less appealing than RHO Atlanta. For those who love, go for it. I just find that show a total snooze.
    this show is heading there.Its mean spirited with Brandi & Carlton on it! It is less appealing to watch with those skanks on it.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    so Brandi has made some more comments that have people calling for her to be fired. "she wishes she had been molested as a child' lovely!
    She said that?? good lord, what a mucky mouth she has
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread