+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Ken was certainly not our normal Ken last night. I wonder if part of that was that he was forced to be there, and din't want to be. It was a gathering of the women, with none of the other husbands there. When he told Lisa he was going to leave, she begged him not to. Perhaps his arm was twisted far enough that he started to show some attitude.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I couldn't get over Brandi announcing to Joyce that she had some things to say and that she didn't want Joyce to say ANYTHING. She truly saw herself as running the show, and nobody else needed to say a thing. Control issues from a woman who can't control anything? I was glad to see Joyce speak up. The more I see Brandi, the more I just can't stand her and her brainless antics. To call her stupid is to give her too much credit.
    MsDiva2007, Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am sorry but I still just do not like Joyce at all. I am tired of her beauty pagent clothes, hair & lectures. When she went down her list of grivences to Brandi it was like she had memorized a script. Her hair flipping is annoying. Sorry but I am not buying she isn't using extentions no matter how much she denies it or has Andy feel for tracks. Last week she had her hair on a ponytail; hair didn't seem as full as it is when it is down.

I don't think Ken wanted to be there ar all. Kim has missed numerous events in the past few years. Wasn't she an entire day late when showingup for a vacation? Okay she chastised Lisa & Ken for not showing up for her daughter's graduation. She brought it up many times too many. Ken & Lisa sent their regrets weeks before & sent a gift so Kim knew full well they would not be attending. Give it a break so yea I think eventually I would have had enough of her yammering on about it & said something. I think Kimberly wanted her friends at her graduation party alot more than she wanted your rich BH girlfriends.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

I agree with you about Joyce. The way that she is so quick to list every single thing a person has ever done to hurt her makes me think that she misses out on enjoying life by stewing over her grievances. But I think it bothers me even more the way that anytime a person points out ways she has hurt other people, she defends it by saying the same has happened to her ... only worse. Not only does that remind me of that one-upping character that Kristen Wiig used to do on SNL, but it also says that she thinks if you've been wronged, than it is acceptable to wrong other people. But if that is her rule, why doesn't she accept Brandi's behavior, knowing that she's been wronged? I think that Joyce's only rule is that the world needs to fall in line to take care of her needs first.

I do like Kim this season, but honestly, Kim. As many events as you were a no show, how dare you pester somone else about not coming to your event. It was her daugther's high school graduation. Sorry, but I dont' want to attend a graduation for someone unless I am close to them or related. I wish them well, but it's just not something I would care to attend and that goes for the party too. That's for close family friends and the girl's friends, not mom's fake reality show friends. lol Lisa sent her regrets and a nice gift. Let it alone. IMO, that was Kim being rude.

Recall wasn't it Kyle's daughter's graduation that her sister Kathy Hilton didn't show up for?

My friends used to be very upset if I wouldn't come to their ten year old's birthday party. What? I don't get it.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-14-2014 at 03:36 PM.

FORT Fogey

Totally agree! I loved Ken's comment about how they RSVP'd and sent a gift, if they were upset, Ken and Lisa would accept not receiving a thank you note! That came across to me as producer-created drama instead of a true conflict between them. I'd be willing to guess that the "hairdresser" who told Kim that LIsa was at Sur was actually a Bravo producer. But I do wish that Kim had declined the invitation to be in the room with Kyle getting a bikini wax. That was clearly set up with the intent of creating a humorous scene. Only it wasn't funny so much as it was baffling why on earth a woman would go into the room with another woman to get a bikini wax!!!!

It happens here in Cali all the time we ladies go get the wax jobs together. Misery loving company.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I need for Brandi to understand that "I always say stupid things. It's just me and people who know me understand" girl that is not an excuse to say whatever you want to people. You also need to know that sometimes when you dish it out people will shove it back at you!
    Nothing is more annoying than people who create conflict then play the victim when they're held to account. Brandi is a master at ducking responsibility even while she's pretending to accept it the "but it's just who I am" excuse is a prime example. She seems to have forgotten that her mean-girl cattiness is what started this feud with Joyce. Joyce fought back and called her a bully, a term I think Brandi has used herself. That just seemed to fuel Brandi's delusion. She and her kids(!) are now the supposed real victims, so she's got to fight even more to "defend herself" against the mean Joyce. Everybody's out to get me, it's so unfair, but I'm a trooper and I won't let the haters get me down! She's the Sarah Palin of reality TV.
    Prism, Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

Do you go at the same time, or are you in the room together? IF in the room together, do you normally walk down to look at the work in progress like Kim did?

The waxing bit was likely played up, but that's fine. Have at it. But Kim was out of line with the Lisa/Ken attendance. Kim's events are usually family get togethers as opposed to when Lisa, or even Kyle, throw a Housewives event it is generally a private event or charity related, or something else that fits in. It would be different if Kim and Kyle were especially close friends with one of the women and invited that one or maybe two, but to invite the whole clan seems wrong.

+ Reply to Thread