+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3014Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I'll keep the beautiful jewels, if you don't mind!

There are only so many minutes of home and garden and noble behavior shows that I could sit still for. Maybe they should create a channel just for that type of show. The other side to that is that, in reality, those kinds of people are really no different than most other people are. A family always looks different from the inside than they do from the outside....warts and all. All people have their ugly sides, you just may not see them. They are as corrupt as everybody else!

Only fantasies and fairy tales are perfect.....scripted or not.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'll keep the beautiful jewels, if you don't mind!

There are only so many minutes of home and garden and noble behavior shows that I could sit still for. Maybe they should create a channel just for that type of show. The other side to that is that, in reality, those kinds of people are really no different than most other people are. A family always looks different from the inside than they do from the outside....warts and all. All people have their ugly sides, you just may not see them. They are as corrupt as everybody else!

Only fantasies and fairy tales are perfect.....scripted or not.
    What beautiful jewels?

I'm not saying the characters have to be perfect on HW's. In fact, just regular arguments are fine. It's the preposterous, fabricated, staged, cruel antics that I don't appreciate. I think the Bravo producers could do better if they were more clever and creative.

There is some reason fans aren't engaged. The ratings for their shows have declined since season 2. I read that this season's premire was down from season's two premire. (1,5922,000 compared to season 2 of 2,183,000) And the viewers aged 18-49 have decreased this season by 30%. I can't put the link here, but I read the same numbers on the Neilson rating list.
    momrek06 and Coco46 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    You mean there was a time you considered any of the housewives shows to be anything but stupid?
    Well yes actually. I did love the 1st 2 seasons of OC & New York. After that crazytown took over and I found myself watching it live less & less. I did like BH at first but now...not so much but I still adore Lisa. I could do without Joyce & Carleton. Why do they need 7 when 5 work everywhere else? Joyce bores me to tears. When she tries to start something with the other women (Brandi) it is like a yorkie going againts a pitbull. Why make such a big fuss over Lisa not appreciating that Joyce took the time to fix Lisa's hair when obviously Lisa didn't care/remember. Hey if some stranger started playing with my hair it would annoy me too. Carleton, hey different is what it is. I don't care she is Wiccan & I just don't care if she puts her freak on with her husband. Just TMI for me.
    I never watched DC or Miami. Jersey I can take or leave more leave than take. I just don't care to watch felons pretend all is well & I absolutely HATE these shows where their children are on prominate display.
    Last edited by PA Snow Bunny; 01-03-2014 at 12:33 PM.
    Punkin, Coco46 and Debb70 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What beautiful jewels?

I'm not saying the characters have to be perfect on HW's. In fact, just regular arguments are fine. It's the preposterous, fabricated, staged, cruel antics that I don't appreciate. I think the Bravo producers could do better if they were more clever and creative. There is some reason fans aren't engaged. The ratings for their shows have declined since season 2. I read that this season's premire was down from season's two premire. (1,5922,000 compared to season 2 of 2,183,000) And the viewers aged 18-49 have decreased this season by 30%. I can't put the link here, but I read the same numbers on the Neilson rating list.
    I think we're all tiring of the hags. But, geez, I'll miss this FORT group!
    Seems I remember the first year OC ratings were around 600,000 viewers. Then it climbed to actual Success. I suppose when the average RH show drops back to five or six thousand, they'll stop filming. Already there are dozens of trials out there- the Dallas woman, the slimes of sunset, Patti Stanger's millionaire thing, all those cooking and décor shows, they tried gallery girls, and lots of others I cannot remember. The RHs have pretty much had their day, and eventually a couple other reality shows will make it big and RHs will be dust.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Just finished watching Taylor on couples therapy. Prefer her brand of crazy over the hot mess that Brandi is!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

RHBH had its heyday that riveting season Bravo broadcast after Russell made his fateful decision in the bedroom closet. Something was actually going on week after week instead of contrived parties and get togethers where the ladies arrive by limo to insult each other after a couple cocktails. We in the audience knew the ending before the season began and instead of being a spoiler, it made for a fascinating character study. We literally watched Russell and Taylor's marriage disintegrate before our eyes before switching over to Kim on a fast spiral to what one hopes is her bottom. Nothing that has occurred this round feels authentic and so much time is devoted to Brandi enabled by the gang to be a really nasty drunk. Adrienne and Camille are definitely missed compared to the wacko Wiccan and out of her league Joyce who would never run with this crowd without a paycheck from Bravo. How much solar tanning has Carlton done anyway? Is she trying to get closer to her animal friends by appearing to be an amphibian?
    Punkin, Coco46 and Debb70 like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

OMG!!!! You'll never guess which RHBH couple is on the new Couple's Therapy on VH1! TAYLOR ARMSTRONG and her new lawyer-boyfriend! I was so surprised to see them, cause it doesn't seem like they've been together long enough to even have Couple's Therapy type problems. And actually, I'm sad for Taylor because I'm one of the viewers who really likes her --- and she went through so much grief and tragedy with Russell, that I'm sorry she's not happy with her new love.

I suspect that Couple's Therapy is just a tv show and not really designed to provide real therapy, although they have a real therapist who counsels them on air. The couples play the role of people needing therapy, but they are there to entertain and are paid to play that role. That's my take on it.

I do agree regarding the contention that this show is in a downfall. Nothing is going on of much interest. Kim is making progress in her sobriety, Kim is managing her boutique, Lisa has Sur, and Yolanda is doting on her husband. Then there is Carlton building a stripper pole in her house, which I don't think any fans care to see and Brandi is insulting Joyce.....over and over. So boring really.

Andy needs more material and I'm not sure why his writers couldn't have provided it or why he couldn't have found better housewives than Brandi and Carlton.

I think that Joyce should have been offered a better role. Her behavior is preventing her from getting fans. That should not be when she is paired against Brandi, IMO.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-04-2014 at 09:21 AM.
    AWfielder likes this.

The dinner was a bad idea. anytime they get together to "move forward" it just all blows up.... I don't like Joyce; I think she's boring. But, I do think that Brandi is jealous of her and starts crap with her for no reason. Joyce, in turn, doesn't respond well. At Kyle's store, Brandi's friend Jennifer started speaking to Joyce in Spanish.....But to hear Brandi interview about it, Joyce was trying to make everything about her and forced Jennifer to speak in Spanish to exclude Brandi. Basically Brandi is nuts..... they all need to own their parts in this feud- Yolo, Lisa, Joyce, and Brandi. Lisa was trying to mend things , but she should have told Brandi to shut up also if she was going to tell Joyce to shut up. Yolo needs to realize that yes the hearts thing was stupid and she maybe shouldn't have done it, b/c it did create a problem and divide. I don't think Joyce should have taken Brandi's bait at the dinner- just let Brandi act stupid.... I see her husband as being protective, but I think he was being too aggressive over really stupid stuff. I can understand why they were mad at Brandi though.

Also I've never seen Carlton's nanny looking after the kids......just playing with Carlton and helping her set up her sex torture room.
    Last edited by mina; 01-04-2014 at 01:58 PM.
    Punkin likes this.

I know this may sound really terrible. But, I think that in order for Bravo viewers to be interested in the "room" that Carlton is building, they should have found a more appealing, attractive and interesting person than Carlton. She's just not a person, IMO, to inspire viewers to be amused about her sex life. It just makes you feel a little ill.
    Punkin, momrek06, Moontat and 5 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread