+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 503 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4119242;
    Last night Kym was having that facial and when they placed the brown round thing on top with the hole in the center, it reminded me of a volcano!
    That was just the utterest of BS. Did either look anything other than a bit pinker afterwards? Which I guess was an improvement over looking like creatures from a horror movie a few moments before. Dubious improvement - at least with the leather cone on their heads you couldn't see the sad desperation in Kim's eyes or the silent dripping contempt in Kyle's.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4119413;
    That Mohamed's home was simply amazing.
    It was also intersting to note that one of the party goers was a local news reporter out here. He was sitting next to Lisa, I believe, and stood up at the table when Kim returned from talking with the other man at the party. It was interesting to see him, too,
    I do think I've seen Kim's blind date, Martin, before. Is he an actor or a real estate agent like Mauricio? Anyone know?
    1) The Rococo-Egyptian mansion was indeed gilt and pretension laden. I hope the oddly tall "girlfriend" is paid well. What strikes me is how odd these megamansions are - one the one hand there's sumptious sizes of salons and giant rooms, on the other hand, apparently the kitchen and sculleries are supposed to be gathering places as well. As if their inhabitants are common nobility, with bejeweled palaces to live in, but also kitchen tables to sit around. They can't seem to decide if they are above catering or 'just normal guys.' So betwixt and between, the moneyed tradespeople.

2) I've seen Martin too - I swear in films.

I love the term "bored contempt" - thank you for that AngloAm. You are light years ahead of me when it comes to finding the perfect words to describe a particular behavior.
    Who would've ever thought one could sum up Taylor and what's his name's relationship in just 2 words!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix1;4119713;
    I don't think Camille is pretty in the face. But I'd certainly trade my body for hers-- silicone and all! I think she knows how to present herself around the men...
    Sometimes, like a baboon in heat

...so that they think she's sexy-- that's what I meant when I said she was 'hot'. With no makeup on and her hair done by herself she'd just be a normal woman with cute legs. Give her the special treatment of professional hair and makeup and the best fitting sexy clothes Kelsey's money can buy and yes, she's hot. (or it seemed to me the men on the show thought so in the Vegas show!) She knows what she's doing. If the sheik stories are true, apparently she's had a lot of practice! Just sayin...
    She is good at merchandising, I'll give her that.

It should tell her something when her only friends are paid help or people she's let live in one of her homes for free. Maybe if she watches this show she will see herself as she really is. The other women aren't so much jealous of her as they don't like her flirty and coy mannerisms. I know I wouldn't trust her around my husband. He's on his laptop while I watch the show and I've noticed him peeking around his screen a couple of times when Camille is on, but none of the other ladies. Wonder why?
    Friends you buy aren't worth the price....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mischief4911;4119728;
    I don't know if anyone else has addressed this as I have not read through all the previous pages, but I seriously doubt that Taylor's daughter is allergic to the dog. I am not a doctor, but am a nurse and small children often get congested and often get rashes. To my eye the "rash" looked like a red spot. I would think if the spot was rash from carrying the dog around it would affect more than a realitively small area. I also feel as though if the childs eyes are "sealed shut" or practically every morning her eyes would still be at least red and her nose and throat would not be clear upon the doctor's exam. A little later after Taylor's talk with her husband they showed her telling the puppy "no, no, that's not a toy, it's for pee pee." and she didn't seem amused. I really believe that the whole "allergy" and "doctor said to get rid of the puppy" thing is her ploy to rid herself of dealing with the puppy. Don't get me wrong , I think it is BS that he got the dog after she specifically asked him not to get one. It's just another in a long line of him devalueing her as a partner and person. Which I am surprised surprises her. That is the whole story of their relationship. Still though instead of making up a reason (maybe she thinks that's the only way he will get rid of the dog) she needs to say flat out I asked you not to get the dog. The child is too young to take care of it and I have no desire to take care of it, so if it is to remain in OUR home than you will soley be responsible for it's care. I will no longer be it's care taker. Doesn't she have maids and nannys? Why not ask them? (Just a thought). Either way she is going to have to realize that HE is not going to change, so she is going to have to give up her ideals and learn to follow him with little to no say in anything or unfortunately probably have to walk away (which she is not prepared to do, I don't think, as status seems to be so important to her (even if it is lower upper class ).
    What struck me was, and it may have been for the show, but how she had to tell her husband that the child had been waking up with her eyes glued shut and had a huge rash and had been taken to the doctor. I mean surely he'd know that, you know, from the mornings when he saw her? When she and he discussed taking the kid to the doctor? I don't think I was ever taken to the doctor without my parents both knowing, nor can I imagine any of my friends who are parents not informing their spouse until after the appointment. If it's serious enough to go to the doctor (and glued shut eyes are) then surely it's serious enough for the other parent to need to know (and possibly to be interested in).

Camille IS crazy and delusional, and so self-important. I think she projects her inner thoughts onto what others are saying to her and THAT is what she hears. She is the one that talk insessantly about Kelsey and his fame and how it's time for her to be her own person. She is the one who sees herself as an extention of him, no one else in the group says it. (personally I also think this drive for fame in her own right is because she saw that she would soon be replaced and wanted to get a bit of a jump on it while she still had a little time to use the connections she has through him, rarely is the wife totally surprised when this sort of thing happens).
    That's what I thought - too bad she didn't establish herself as either talented or interesting or sympathetic.

As far as the surrogate I have my own thoughts as to why she didn't carry her own children. When it was briefly discussed on the 1st episode , I believe, I don't recall her mentioning any health issues that determined it necessary for a suragate. I swear she said something about busy schedule, but I can not say that for certain that is accurate. I can't clearly recall it. She has assistants, housekeepers, nannies, cooks, and who knows who else (multiples of each I believe as well), what IS her job again, that she needs others to take care of all of her other responsibilities???
    I'll have to go back and check but how horrible when her children see that scene in years to come.

Kim is also a nut. Im too tired to go into everything bizarre there.
    I like Lisa and Kyle for the most part, and I do see why out of all the HW they are close friends.
    I do but they need to work out the resentment they have for each other. It's very disturbing.
    Last edited by AngloAm; 12-05-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Fix quote tags

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;4120728;
    Well, Dragon, I feel very fortunate to live here. Love ya', but to To set SoCal separate and apart from the elite and rich in NYC and Florida (i.e., South Beach), or anywhere is unfair, inaccurate and ridiculous.

Don't know where you're hanging out, but would agree with you if you're referring to people in the "industry," and Beverly Hills type. And just living in Beverly Hills doesn't fit that category either.

So, I, too, have the ability to say that any of these people do/don't represent women in my state. Geez, Lisa talks like Lady Di -- don't think she learned to live like she does here in California.

No one represents anyone anywhere.
    You mean ordinary people can afford to live in BH?

I do think there is a difference between the rich of the suburbs (OC, BH, NJ, ATL) and the cities (DC, NY) in that the DC & NY ladies seem to be move involved with charities and things outside their mansions/townhouses. And of course the East Coast ladies have to deal with humidity and winter, something hardly on the West Coast ladies' radar, while the Westies know from earthquakes.

Well, Dragon, I feel very fortunate to live here. Love ya', but to To set SoCal separate and apart from the elite and rich in NYC and Florida (i.e., South Beach), or anywhere is unfair, inaccurate and ridiculous.
    Oops, sorry about that. I didn't mean to imply that SoCal women were different than the elite in other areas. I just meant that there are a lot of them around here. I'm not familiar with other areas/states since I'm not much of a traveler so I can only comment on what I know.

Don't know where you're hanging out, but would agree with you if you're referring to people in the "industry," and Beverly Hills type. And just living in Beverly Hills doesn't fit that category either.
    Yes, the "industry" people and the Bev Hills people but they are all over the place, tucked into posh little neighborhoods and they mostly, stay in that area and associate with people just like them. I used to live in a city known for it's extreme wealth. (I lived there due to the good schools and moved out as soon as the kids grew up.) Most women looked like the BH women, acted like the BH women and had contempt for anyone outside their circle. I had very few friends there because even tho financially, I was equal to them, I found them to ultimately be superficial and shallow.
    Earlier this year I attended my brother in law's wedding at his prestigious country club and there they were again. Not the very same people but hard to distinguish them from the others. So sometimes I can't avoid them but I try to. I don't go to Rodeo Drive, Roberston Blvd, Sak's, Barney's etc.
    But whether they're like any other women in other states, I haven't a clue.

And yes, there are definitely areas of BH that are not posh.

And you're right, it does get cold here, contrary to what everyone else thinks. At the moment, it's pouring rain, not the supposed constant sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4120814;
    And of course the East Coast ladies have to deal with humidity and winter, something hardly on the West Coast ladies' radar, while the Westies know from earthquakes.
    Give me an earthquake any day over a blizzard or a tornado!! Guess it's more about what you know and have experienced. Just the thought of a tornado gives me the willies.

FORT Fanatic

I was a reading a British paper on-line this morning, and it had a long article about the Kennedy Center in Wash., D.C. honors held this past weekend. Contrary to what the article said, the TV broadcast will be TUESDAY, December 28.

It showed a picture of Kelsey Grammar and his current girlfriend. Wonder how Camille felt about not walking down the red carpet with her husband at a glittery affair.

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, I'm just getting caught up on the shows and I'm too lazy to read back over all the posts. But, is it clear to anyone else that Camille and Nick have something going on? The way they look at each other is way more than just friends.

+ Reply to Thread