+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3075Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I tend to take people at their word before I solidify my opinions of them. I believe in allowing THEM to either sink or swim....but I am watching them for consistency. I don't tend to rush to judgment, unless it's something just blatantly obviously.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 12-12-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was skeptical of the description Joyce gave in her first intro about the degrees she obtained and the amount of time it took to get them. Even if she is really smart, college classes require a certain amount of time.
    I checked it out. Wiki says she graduated from highschool at age 16 and graduated with TWO Bachelor of Arts degrees at age 19. One was in Social Work and the other in Special Education. I guess she is very smart, but still.......

This is VERY odd, IMO. WARNING SPOILERS. It's actual news from back when what we are seeing was filmed about Brandi.
    Click to see Spoiler:

It says that Brandi freaked out that her dog disappeared, she offered a reward, then suddenly got another dog just a couple days later. I feel for her kids. It has a photo of her son. I had no idea those kids were that big.

Brandi Glanville of "Real Housewives" Gets Her Dog Stolen -- And Then Things Get Weird | Dogster
    That surprises me about Joyce. She comes across as vapid and dumb. Maybe she was raised to think she needs to hide the fact she is smart so as not to intimidate men away from her? I wish she would show she has a brain. I would probably like her more. That is really odd about Brandi. Regarding the spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    What on earth is she going to do with the new dog if by some miracle she finds her old one? She said she has that dog UNTIL Chica is found.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 12-12-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I know several extremely beautiful women who have the sense that God gave a box of rocks. They are very accomplished and capable, but as daft as the day is long. I don't get it, but I've seen and experienced it. I am always amazed by it.

Of course, sensational looks can make life a lot easier for some people, and if they are also as smart as all heck (and ambitious), well don't underestimate them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

apparently from brandi's video she made to apologise prior to last weeks show. we have 2 more episodes of her heinous behavior to come!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Regarding all the SPOILERS .......... HOW BIZARRE.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    As they sat at that dinner table, I had trouble figuring out who I didn't want to swat with a fly swatter. lol So mean, so petty, so absolutely ridiculous. I realize the writers have a difficult time coming up with new insults, storylines and matters of controvsersy, but they are so desperate that they are ruining the show.!
    My thoughts exactly. Watching RH shows is my only true brain-dead time of the week- and my brain is not being sufficiently underworked
    Punkin and PA Snow Bunny like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Watching RH shows is my only true brain-dead time of the week- and my brain is not being sufficiently underworked
    It is a habit I have been trying to break albiet not very successfully.
    Punkin and Prism like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Ah.... not even trying to break the habit. I think of them as clowns, there on my screen for a few laughs.
    prhoshay likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I'm confused....really. I don't understand why Brandie's comment to Joyce saying "you're black" was racist. It was definitely inappropriate and totally unnecessary....given that Brandie doesn't like Joyce, I'm sure she didn't say it kindly. But I'm confused why it's racist.
    Joyce said that she has black in her heritage....I think a lot of people have different races in them.
    My family (both sides) come from southern Italy. The Moors once invaded Sicily and then moved into southern Italy also so I imagine that's in my heritage.
    but could someone please explain why it was called racist?

I don't think it was a racist remark. It was racial in nature though and I think Brandi from watching it myself used it as an insult to Joyce. It came across that way to me at least and I found it highly offensive way to speak to someone. Joyce did not rise to the bait and I am sure that made Brandi extremely mad! Brandi already stated she kept saying her name incorrectly on purpose because she doesn't like her.

I took Brandi's remark to mean Joyce being black somehow made her inferior. I need her to know that plenty of us black women swim,ski,and even ride jet skis weave and all. Brandi wears cheap hair extensions but we all don't. The fact that she is not aware that you can wear weave and get it wet shows her ignorance.
    Punkin and Dragonlady like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread