+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 501 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree3006Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Adrienne's husband was actually on a reality show long before Adrienne came on this one.
    He was one of the featured Drs. on Dr. 90210. He seems very affable and seems to really enjoy the fame.
    I just don't see any love in their relationship, at all.
    IMO, as I've said before, she seems to treat him like an accessory.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix1;4119676;
    Also, Paul really seems to like being on this show... He seems to be doing things to get some spotlight. Like getting together with 'the guys', (some that he barely knows) rather than go with Adrienne to her moms like she wanted when her uncle died. And pushing 'the guys' into the Vegas trip when she obviously wanted it to be a girls only trip. Something about him makes me think he's loving the attention of being on this show.
    I don't think it's all about him just liking the limelight. It just might be his passive-aggressive way of getting back at her for how she tends to demean and emasculate him when they're bickering. I think they care about each other, enjoy the fantastic life they live and have no need to get involved with anyone else. To each of them, their work is far more important to their existance than the relationship. He's like a little boy, thumbing his nose at his mother with his little rebellious acts.

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix1;4119713;
    I don't think Camille is pretty in the face. But I'd certainly trade my body for hers-- silicone and all! I think she knows how to present herself around the men so that they think she's sexy-- that's what I meant when I said she was 'hot'...... She knows what she's doing.
    The other women aren't so much jealous of her as they don't like her flirty and coy mannerisms. I know I wouldn't trust her around my husband. He's on his laptop while I watch the show and I've noticed him peeking around his screen a couple of times when Camille is on, but none of the other ladies. Wonder why?
    Camille is not textbook pretty but she has everything needed to be considered "hot," at least to a man's mind. Her body is damn near perfect: attractive, blonde, slender, etc etc. and to a man, if she's got all that, she doesn't have to have a beautiful face.

All of us women, have known Camille-type women. We can spot them a mile away. They've got what it takes, they know it and they use it, indiscriminately. They don't care if the man is "taken." We instinctively dislike her because she breaks the "woman-code": Stay away from my man! So is it any wonder she has no friends??
    She gets her low esteem "fix" by luring as many men as possible into her little sexy web but in doing so, she ostracizes any decent woman who could be a friend.
    So now she's left with no husband, no girlfriends and most of the men she attracts don't follow up on it (or if they do, it's a temp thing) so it all adds up to a big fat zero.

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...

I don't know if anyone else has addressed this as I have not read through all the previous pages, but I seriously doubt that Taylor's daughter is allergic to the dog. I am not a doctor, but am a nurse and small children often get congested and often get rashes. To my eye the "rash" looked like a red spot. I would think if the spot was rash from carrying the dog around it would affect more than a realitively small area. I also feel as though if the childs eyes are "sealed shut" or practically every morning her eyes would still be at least red and her nose and throat would not be clear upon the doctor's exam. A little later after Taylor's talk with her husband they showed her telling the puppy "no, no, that's not a toy, it's for pee pee." and she didn't seem amused. I really believe that the whole "allergy" and "doctor said to get rid of the puppy" thing is her ploy to rid herself of dealing with the puppy. Don't get me wrong , I think it is BS that he got the dog after she specifically asked him not to get one. It's just another in a long line of him devalueing her as a partner and person. Which I am surprised surprises her. That is the whole story of their relationship. Still though instead of making up a reason (maybe she thinks that's the only way he will get rid of the dog) she needs to say flat out I asked you not to get the dog. The child is too young to take care of it and I have no desire to take care of it, so if it is to remain in OUR home than you will soley be responsible for it's care. I will no longer be it's care taker. Doesn't she have maids and nannys? Why not ask them? (Just a thought). Either way she is going to have to realize that HE is not going to change, so she is going to have to give up her ideals and learn to follow him with little to no say in anything or unfortunately probably have to walk away (which she is not prepared to do, I don't think, as status seems to be so important to her (even if it is lower upper class ).
    Camille IS crazy and delusional, and so self-important. I think she projects her inner thoughts onto what others are saying to her and THAT is what she hears. She is the one that talk insessantly about Kelsey and his fame and how it's time for her to be her own person. She is the one who sees herself as an extention of him, no one else in the group says it. (personally I also think this drive for fame in her own right is because she saw that she would soon be replaced and wanted to get a bit of a jump on it while she still had a little time to use the connections she has through him, rarely is the wife totally surprised when this sort of thing happens). As far as the surrogate I have my own thoughts as to why she didn't carry her own children. When it was briefly discussed on the 1st episode , I believe, I don't recall her mentioning any health issues that determined it necessary for a suragate. I swear she said something about busy schedule, but I can not say that for certain that is accurate. I can't clearly recall it. She has assistants, housekeepers, nannies, cooks, and who knows who else (multiples of each I believe as well), what IS her job again, that she needs others to take care of all of her other responsibilities??? Whatever....
    Adrianne I sort of liked in the begining, but now when I see her indifference to her husband most of the time, it bothers me. It looks to me like her style must be "the more expensive it is the more classy it must be". One word.... Wrong! Still on the fence about her.
    Kim is also a nut. Im too tired to go into everything bizarre there.
    I like Lisa and Kyle for the most part, and I do see why out of all the HW they are close friends.

Could be worse I guess. Camille could become a "singer" too , like another hw we all know. *shudder
    (ok Higher Power that was just a joke and does not indicate any desire by myself or anyone else in the hearing world to actually want to hear her sing or try to. Please take it as such....Amen)
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4119413;
    I was actually pretty disappointed with Lisa last night.
    She came across, IMO, as condescending and "feeling above it all."
    Didn't like her attitude toward Kim or to the maid that served them tea and cakes outside their home.
    And, the whole business with Cedric was just off-putting to me.
    I agree. Lisa has a bit of a queen bee attitude, and I don't like her condescending attitude toward Kim.

Reg. the gold thingies in Adrienne's hair...she said on Andy Cohen's show that they are sold at her hotel in Vegas.

I was actually pretty disappointed with Lisa last night.She came across, IMO, as condescending and "feeling above it all."
    Didn't like her attitude toward Kim or to the maid that served them tea and cakes outside their home.
    And, the whole business with Cedric was just off-putting to me.
    I've noticed since this show started that a lot of people seem to really like Lisa. The jury is still out on her for me because I think she looks good because she's being compared to all the rest of the Housewives from every part of US. I just think we haven't seen everything yet. Maybe some of the cracks in the flawless surface started to show in this episode. I still can't dismiss the whole Cedric as houseguest situation.

As for Kyle, she's also nicer than the rest but you can see she wears a sign that says: Don't mess with me. I think more will come out about her also.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4119722;
    Adrienne's husband was actually on a reality show long before Adrienne came on this one.
    He was one of the featured Drs. on Dr. 90210. He seems very affable and seems to really enjoy the fame.
    I just don't see any love in their relationship, at all.
    IMO, as I've said before, she seems to treat him like an accessory.
    Aha! He did look familiar. Thanks for that.

I do think I've seen Kim's blind date, Martin, before. Is he an actor or a real estate agent like Mauricio? Anyone know?
    He looked very familiar to me also but I couldn't place him. He also looked very much like a player so I hope Kim doesn't get her hopes up. I saw him as kind of a gigolo type player.........the kind that like rich desperate women.
    But maybe I'm just cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4094722;
    DragonLady,

Consider yourself very fortunate.
    Everywhere I go, I see replicas of the same people!! ...
    Well, I'm right in the middle of the Los Angeles population and work in Century City............and I do not see replicas of the "same" people. SThey're regular office workers, etc.........just like me. However, last week walked through Neiman Marcus (next to Sak's) on Wilshire Boulevard in the middle of Beverly Hills, and there they were.........including much elder women with that same look --- wreaking of money.

As an aside, there were couple pairs of shoes someone obviously tried on but hadn't yet been returned to their boxes. Out of curiosity, the leopard ones (can't recall if they were Louboutin's) - (approx. 4" heels, boot-like) - they were obviously expensive. I turned them over to read the price -- $1895. I almost had a coronary. I acted as if I was used to it and even feigned a look that I was interested.

Gorgeous Asian woman (pre-surgery, I suppose) in process of purchasing couple pairs of shoes -- and, trust me, they were many hundreds of dollars each.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4115865;
    Mom2, I envy your ability to say that Taylor doesn't represent the women in your state. Unfortunately, I live in Southern California and these women very much represent a lot of the women living here. Sad, but true.
    Well, Dragon, I feel very fortunate to live here. Love ya', but to To set SoCal separate and apart from the elite and rich in NYC and Florida (i.e., South Beach), or anywhere is unfair, inaccurate and ridiculous.

Don't know where you're hanging out, but would agree with you if you're referring to people in the "industry," and Beverly Hills type. And just living in Beverly Hills doesn't fit that category either.

So, I, too, have the ability to say that any of these people do/don't represent women in my state. Geez, Lisa talks like Lady Di -- don't think she learned to live like she does here in California.

No one represents anyone anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4117343;
    Ok...I'm in the San Diego area and when I left for work today it was 39 degrees....bbbrrrrrrr...for last week or so, it's been in the mid 30's at night!
    Exactly. I'm in the middle of Los Angeles on the west side, and people who don't live here watch way too much TV -- they think it's warm all the time. Have had the heater on at night and drove to workl with coat and gloves on. Who cares if it's 20 degrees somewhere else -- 39 and 40 degrees isn't chopped liver.

Wasn't going to comment until other Californians started posting. In Palmdale and Lancaster which is only 60 miles from L.A., it snows -- oh well, we won't even tell them about how the freeways close because of blizzards up there on the grapevine...............but it's still California.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix1;4118676;
    Honestly the thought of Taylor with no makeup on... SCARY. Like something you'd see staring back at you from the inside of an aquarium.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4119129;
    I thought it was interesting that when Taylor was talking about her marriage problems, Kyle really didn't have any help to offer Taylor. All she did was show her was Taylor's mistakes.....that she married without first having the commitment, friendship and love. I think Taylor is right...it's more of a business arrangement with her and her husband. When they talk together, he just seems to tolerate her, in this condescending way, knowing that he will always be the one to have the final decision about anything. And he knows that she knows that. She knows her place and she can "try" to change things but it's all up to his whims.
    I agree but think how awful it would be to tell somebody that basically their marriage was empty from the start and see all their dreams and hopes shatter.

How very sad to be in that marriage. She must be exhausted trying to constantly be everything he wants and never knowing when/if he changes his mind. But like a poster said up thread, I'm not sure why he doesn't replace her with a younger prettier model. Unless he can have all the young girls he wants on the side and avoid the messy divorce and child custody issues. Maybe there's no pre-nup.
    I'm sure the money is a consolation prize. I hope she has a good pre-nup. What really is tragic to me is the fact that Russell doesn't even seem to bother being heartless to her, it's as if she isn't even worth his bored contempt.

+ Reply to Thread