+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3012Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm so glad she dressed up to show us all her home!
    Ha ha ha! What a body! And beautiful skin, too.

Did anyone see Camillie Grammar on Dr. Oz last week? She was talking about her hysterectomy/cancer. She's now cancer free. She talked about her abuse by her ex-boyfriend a little.

Can we trade in Brandi for Camille? I mean I don't like either one but Camille is an upgrade in class and breeding.
    Punkin, candor and Coco46 like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I just can't get over how despicable that bunch of brats at SUR are. Is anyone watching those self centered little twits? What are Vanderpump's rules anyway? Be a jerk, sleep with your co-workers, don't do any actual work, and sulk a lot? None of them are that alluring to excuse their wretched behavior because we are too busy being hypnotized by their beauty. It just proves that reality TV needs the structure of the formula Bravo has perfected then repeated to death but lives by the magic elixir of something real wandering into frame unexpectedly. Whether it be watching the lifetime of competitiveness between the sexy Voltaggio brothers make TOP CHEF irresistible, playing out genuine damage control over Russell's suicide on BEVERLY HILLS, or Rachel storming through the BB house warning floaters to grab their life vests, sometimes reality TV is lightning in a bottle. I guess I take for granted how many genuine train wrecks I've witnessed through the medium and hold it to an impossible standard. Just this morning I took a beat to remember the cautionary tale that was profoundly moving and truly sad as reality TV invited us into the downward spiral of THE TWO COREYS. It showed more about addiction than the whole run of INTERVENTION while reminding us how our friends become family and how important that is.
    Last edited by AWfielder; 11-18-2013 at 12:19 AM.
    Punkin, Coco46, doolollie and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did anyone see Camillie Grammar on Dr. Oz last week? She was talking about her hysterectomy/cancer. She's now cancer free. She talked about her abuse by her ex-boyfriend a little.
    I definately believe that this happened. What was your impression of her when you watched? I wonder if going public about it is an indication she will be back on the show.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I definately believe that this happened. What was your impression of her when you watched? I wonder if going public about it is an indication she will be back on the show.

I sure hope not. I wish they would do a clean sweep of this cast. I am over the Richard sisters, Lisa is somehow bigger than this show, the 2 new ones...boring, Yolanda no connection & Brandi is just crass.
    doolollie likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

I don't watch Vanderpump Rules as a reality show. I don't think it reflects the real lives of the people involved at all. I think it's FAR more like The Hills where producers suggest storylines and scenes, and the participants carry out those scenes like they would if they were real. I think that Lisa saw an opportunity to promote her restaurant, and promote the profile of some of the actor-wannabes who worked for her, and she took it. I know some say that it makes the restaurant look bad -- but Lisa is careful in publicity to point out that there are many other people who work for her, and the rest of them are competent. Last season, I suspected that this was "scripted reality". When last season ended all neat and tidy with everyone friends again, and then this season started out with all the friendships broken up, and all the drama right back where it had been last season, I was certain of it.
    Punkin, Shoepie, Coco46 and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I don't watch Vanderpump Rules as a reality show. I don't think it reflects the real lives of the people involved at all. I think it's FAR more like The Hills where producers suggest storylines and scenes, and the participants carry out those scenes like they would if they were real. I think that Lisa saw an opportunity to promote her restaurant, and promote the profile of some of the actor-wannabes who worked for her, and she took it. I know some say that it makes the restaurant look bad -- but Lisa is careful in publicity to point out that there are many other people who work for her, and the rest of them are competent. Last season, I suspected that this was "scripted reality". When last season ended all neat and tidy with everyone friends again, and then this season started out with all the friendships broken up, and all the drama right back where it had been last season, I was certain of it.
    I agree.

So I guess we can assume will will be treated to "Pumped" next fall??? I love Lisa but this is getting too much.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

A guest star booking is definitely a possibility for Camille. She popped up halfway through last season and stuck around for several episodes. I find myself missing Adrienne Maloof the most. I liked her acerbic sense of humor and actually was invested enough to feel bad when her long term marriage broke up. Someone needs to remind the new additions that Halloween only happens on October 31st. Every time I see them I jump a little and think they're still in costume.
    Punkin and Shoepie like this.

+ Reply to Thread