+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3011Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I doubt that someone who would beat a woman could hide that for as long as they were together. You'd think some little things would be there at times.
    Maybe not hitting, but a little streak of meanness or something. But like a poster here said, sometimes we just don't want to believe those little red flags that pop up.
    prhoshay likes this.

I never like to question a woman who claims abuse, but what the heck these are the fame/attention seeking women we all know and love...why didn't she call 911 when it happened? and why in the world are the pictures she took in black and white? Why would you take black and white photos to document bruising and bleeding, and how do you even take black and white photos anymore without an option for color? It smells a little fishy to me, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It always kills me when people talk like women/men being abused is a common sense thing and that the victims should, naturally, take a common sense approach in their response. These people are shocked, in pain (emotional and physical), and embarrassed, and confused. They are not only confused by what has happened but they are, no doubt, confused by their own responses to the situation. They tear at my heartstrings. People just don't usually make up stories of abuse....and I can be a very cynical person. Nobody wants to be seen like that...as an abuse victim.

All wounds/injuries will not, necessarily, be visible to the naked eye.
    Punkin, cavendish and mayamaisha like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I guess I'm more cynical than you, and let's just say I have experience with this. It really does shift your whole world. Some women, less so for men I think, don't mind what the attention is for as long as they get attention, and/or get something else out of it like sympathy, a reason to leave their husband while being the one getting sympathy and not blame, and/or complete custody of their children. Some women, and men, like to be the victim. I don't buy the people never lie about abuse.

I think in this case she likely was abused, but I don't understand the pictures being in black and white rather than color. I'd like a reasonable explanation for that before I'm in 100%

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't believe that they NEVER lie about it; I just think they have to be given the benefit of the doubt, unless proven to be lying.
    MsDiva2007 and Coco46 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

this is why so many woman don't report it. Its sad really when you think about how jaded the world is today when we question abuse.
    Punkin likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

The photos I've seen are in color.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I believed my DVR listing and thought the BH premier was 2 hours. Damn it, Bravo! Vanderpump Rules is a totally different show and I hate it!

This season opener was boring. Kyle's beef with Yolanda is such a nonstarter; it was more interesting watching Kyle be completely baffled by the notion of a Chamber of Commerce. The best part was Kim and her crazy dog under the bed. The worst were the VR waiters infiltrating the first hour. I'm no labor lawyer, but I'd hazard a guess that some case could be made for a hostile work environment at SUR.

Ok I watched tonight! Ugh, I have so many questions!

Can someone tell me what's going on with Yolanda and Kyle, what did Yolanda lie about that's bothering Kyle?

What is going on with Brandi and Lisa? They seemed to have gone from being connected at the hip to not even speaking? Brandi did not even acknowledge Lisa's Ken at the party and those two used to joke with each other all of the time.

And lastly Kyle and Lisa. What is up with those two? They were 'snarky' to each other all night!

Even though I have watched every season of RHBH, I felt totally lost tonight!
    KAREN

Yolanda made remarks about Lisa last season in Paris . She lied at the reunion that she made the comments .

Brandi & Lisa : hmm looks like she found someone more useful to suck up to, Yolanda.

Lisa & Kyle : Lisa being witchy because Kyle did not stick up for her last season. I am going to love her finally getting how Brandi really treats people.
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 11-05-2013 at 04:02 AM.
    Punkin likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread